Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Rodger Gone

Options
  • 22-07-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭

Aaron Rider Training are gone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Can a mod edit the title please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ah man, I'm so sad to see this.

I wonder is it just Covid-19 related?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Ah man, I'm so sad to see this.

I wonder is it just Covid-19 related?

No idea. But I’d say it was one of the nails in the coffin, and probably the biggest one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thats a shame I was going to book them for the IBT toward the end of summer. I had heard they had a long wait time as they were very popular.

I noticed they said they're all still individaully qualified trainers so perhaps just folding the company to branch out on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Just read the news. Did a course with them when I was home a few years ago, such a shame that they have gone.

Both of the guys are fantastic instructors, I hope they are back in action soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Must be very costly to run bike schools, that might have something to do with it. I know 2 guys who do the bike lessons here in Kerry and they likely lose money on it rather than even break even. One can understand why IBT can cost so much.
    Just my 2 pennies worth here...

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Must be very costly to run bike schools, that might have something to do with it. I know 2 guys who do the bike lessons here in Kerry and they likely lose money on it rather than even break even. One can understand why IBT can cost so much.
    Just my 2 pennies worth here...

True but motorcycling by nature is a solo skill, so they should never have had to close down for Covid, esp after the initial 2 weeks that everyone did in March.

They only thing you'd catch on a bike is an errant motorist.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Insurance pulled out of Ireland. No one else would insurance them reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Insurance pulled out of Ireland. No one else would insurance them reasonably.

Absolutely shocking. The insurance industry somehow always finds a way to sicken me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

What is going to happen if, in the future, bike schools close left, right, and centre and then, to add, learner permit holders get turned away by insurers getting stuck with bikes with no insurance? things are starting to look troubling.
    The RSA could help by no demonising Lerner permit holders and looking at their own system first to make improvements.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

What is going to happen if, in the future, bike schools close left, right, and centre and then, to add, learner permit holders get turned away by insurers getting stuck with bikes with no insurance? things are starting to look troubling.
    The RSA could help by no demonising Lerner permit holders and looking at their own system first to make improvements.

They could start by stop demonising motorcyclists period. Yes we know it's dangerous but danger is something we all accept to a certain level because we love motorcycling.

I know one or two of the head people in the RSA are keen lycra clad brigade card holders and if they had their way motorbikes would be banned and we'd all be cycling.

I agree the future is worrying and i wouldn't be surprised if the EU eventually ban all petrol powered motorbikes and only allow electric sooner than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They could start by stop demonising motorcyclists period. Yes we know it's dangerous but danger is something we all accept to a certain level because we love motorcycling.

I know one or two of the head people in the RSA are keen lycra clad brigade card holders and if they had their way motorbikes would be banned and we'd all be cycling.

I agree the future is worrying and i wouldn't be surprised if the EU eventually ban all petrol powered motorbikes and only allow electric sooner than we think.

You raise a valid point here,and not only relating to the RSA.

Within a short timeframe,many of our "Authorities" have seen a new,younger and more focused team take the reins,and a common denominator does appear to be an interest in or strong affinity with Cycling as THE only acceptable approach to personaly mobility in Ireland.

Take,for example, Dublin City Council's Post Covid Strategy for getting the City back to "normal".

http://www.dublincity.ie/covidmobilityprogramme

Page 8 of pdf containing the plan tells us that the City Council is planning for No Change to motorcycling or delivery vehicle use .... 1485 Motorcycles and 1000 Trucks.
    Cyclists however,represent a TARGET to DCC of a 200% increase from 13,132 to 39,000 ! :eek:
    Walkers similarly a 100% targeted increase from 24,691 to 50,000.

It seems that DCC (and the NTA) wish to attract previous Public Transport users and put them in the saddle with not a single reference to perhaps embarking on a training and/or Risk assessment of this HUGE and rapid increase in Cyclists within the GDR.

It appears that DCC have a comfort level with an increase in Cycle related Road Deaths,as most likely ALL of the blame will automatically be laid at the Motorist/Driver's door.

It is all dressed up under the Covid-19 banner and thus is not challengable by the Citizenry.

It is as if the Lunatics have actually taken control of the Civic Offices ? :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement