Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Official Trailer drops tomorrow at 4pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The first Fifa in 10 years that I will be happy to skip (PC).
    Fifa 20 was a pile of crap. Career mode might as well not exist, volta was a huge waste of time and resources that could have gone in to somewhere else. (Like career mode maybe.. some people still like to play single player, offline, EA.) Even Pro clubs has hit bottom. The gameplay just didnt feel right.

Maybe when they stop putting all their time in to Ultimate Team and neglecting the other 75% of the game, will I consider buying Fifa again. Hopefully it gets classified as gambling and takes a massive hit. They have rode the UT train for way too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Fifa 20 is nothing more than a test of how much bull**** you can put up with and not just decide to quit.

The game was broken, terrible AI, instructions that don't work, non existent defending are but a few of it's problems.

Its the most frustrating and disheartening Fifa Iv'e played and Ive been a player since FIFA 15, I mean they've all had their problems but this one takes the piss altogether.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Gameplay rewind???

That's something literally nobody was thinking about. Most stupid idea ever in a football game imo.

The rest is just theory until we see it in action and then see it changed again with updates, more updates and even more updates required depending on the severity of the issue and the number of twitter complaints :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Ratings released:

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-21/ratings

Looks like they're trying to slow the game right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Ratings released:

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-21/ratings

gnabry has lost a let it seems :D going from 90 pace to 82 haha, something really irks me wrong that so many goalkeepers are in the top 100 of ratings and oblak being higher rated than vvd and others is hilarious. either way people a shtting all over the ratings so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, Ricardo Pereira and 85 despite being injured half the season :pac: are EA mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

wonski wrote: »
    Gameplay rewind???

That's something literally nobody was thinking about. Most stupid idea ever in a football game imo.

The rest is just theory until we see it in action and then see it changed again with updates, more updates and even more updates required depending on the severity of the issue and the number of twitter complaints :)

Looks like that is kick off mode only. So not in tournaments etc. Other than that I don’t see a lot of change compared to last year. I buy it because I have bought every single previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

The very first fifa, fifa international was better than fifa 20 or 19. My word these last 2 Fifas, shocking, the amount of times I was in utter disbelief at what an ai controlled player had done.

Deleted both games about 2 months ago, and I just dont have the will power to play Fifa 21 till I hear encouraging chatter about it. Copy right licences should be taken off them as well, let someone new try and make a football game without the hindrance of fake players and clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Power creep in FUT was insane this year.

I'd take a guess this is partily a response to that. By slowing it down initially, by lowering stats initially, it gives them more room to breath going forward.

The number of 99 pace cards by the end was insane....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Power creep in FUT was insane this year.

I'd take a guess this is partily a response to that. By slowing it down initially, by lowering stats initially, it gives them more room to breath going forward.

The number of 99 pace cards by the end was insane....

But it is stupidity. The pace on those cards does not match real life whatsoever. It frustrates me. Make it a little real, boost the guys stats that he actually is good at it.. not just make a card that can dominate for the sake of it.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    But it is stupidity. The pace on those cards does not match real life whatsoever. It frustrates me. Make it a little real, boost the guys stats that he actually is good at it.. not just make a card that can dominate for the sake of it.

Yeah, I think they tried to fix the power creep but half-arsed it and didn’t adjust all the cards for the power creep... I mean, Immobile is faster than Gbabry and Sancho.

Davies also has 96 pace, so it seems it’s been adjusted for some cards and others they just did the usual stuff. I wouldn’t mind them adjusting it at all, just make it fair across all cards.

Yeah, I think they tried to fix the power creep but half-arsed it and didn’t adjust all the cards for the power creep... I mean, Immobile is faster than Gbabry and Sancho.

Davies also has 96 pace, so it seems it’s been adjusted for some cards and others they just did the usual stuff. I wouldn’t mind them adjusting it at all, just make it fair across all cards.

Exactly. Really turns me off to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Can anyone clarify for me if I need to preorder fifa 21 to avail of the free ps5 upgrade?
    Its not for me but I think the young lad is trying to pull a fast one to get the game earlier than his bday which is end of November.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rumours that icon SBCs are coming back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

iamtony wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify for me if I need to preorder fifa 21 to avail of the free ps5 upgrade?
    Its not for me but I think the young lad is trying to pull a fast one to get the game earlier than his bday which is end of November.

its any version according to the ultimate team loading screen.

Rumours that icon SBCs are coming back!!

Just seen that too.. hopefully it’s the reasonable SBC guy in charge of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Does anyone know the difference between normal xbox one x and the series x just in terms of fifa 21.

Has any differences been mentioned yet.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

EA confirm no demo will be released.

I wonder just how bad this game is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

awec wrote: »

it stinks of the game not being ready/very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

awec wrote: »

Madden and UFC, two recent EA releases, have been awful. Full of bugs and issues. Madden in particular is an embarrassment and the #FixMadden hashtag on Twitter is frightening reading for those of us looking forward to FIFA.

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    it stinks of the game not being ready/very poor

100% think it’s this. No idea why tho, COVID shouldn’t have affected development too much... hopefully next year PES have a real go at it, given that this year they only released 21 as a season update to PES 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The top 1,000 players database is out now.

Martial and Dembele with 2 star skill moves, Bale with 1 star skill moves, yet a few keepers have 3 star skill moves. Xhaka and Allan with 5 star skill moves.

There’s tens of examples of similar.

I know they’ll probably rectify all these things relatively quickly but it doesn’t bode well if these basic errors are cropping up already.

BrentMused wrote: »
    The top 1,000 players database is out now.

Martial and Dembele with 2 star skill moves, Bale with 1 star skill moves, yet a few keepers have 3 star skill moves. Xhaka and Allan with 5 star skill moves.

There’s tens of examples of similar.

I know they’ll probably rectify all these things relatively quickly but it doesn’t bode well if these basic errors are cropping up already.

How do FIFA make an error like that. Nuts.

Any ideas what is the best preorder deal now, or should I wait closer to the release date?

Smyths is 64.99, I think it was 54.99 last year?

wonski wrote: »
    Any ideas what is the best preorder deal now, or should I wait closer to the release date?

Smyths is 64.99, I think it was 54.99 last year?

Usually Supervalue has limited stock for €50 for the big releases... had FIFA the last couple years, so hopefully the same this year. You’d want to be in early tho to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Came in to see if there was talk of pre-orders!
    Smyths and their €65 can take a flying leap!
    €70 at Harvey's and Littlewoods and that place that shall not be named.
    It's £50 on Amazon, which changes to £50.41 for IE deliveries.

I'd forgotten about SuperValu, actually went there last year for Fifa 20 :)

From my limited experience SuperValu is a no go for me. There is just one near me and never any copies for me anyway.

Went with Amazon as they offered me another free trial of prime again, just two months after last free trial.

They are desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Came in to see if there was talk of pre-orders!
    Smyths and their €65 can take a flying leap!
    €70 at Harvey's and Littlewoods and that place that shall not be named.
    It's £50 on Amazon, which changes to £50.41 for IE deliveries.

I'd forgotten about SuperValu, actually went there last year for Fifa 20 :)

Saw SuperValu say they weren’t stocking it in response to someone who asked on Twitter

Advertisement