Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What could have caused this problem with my computer?

Options
  • 22-07-2020 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I was using my computer, not doing anything in particular, then suddenly it froze and all desktop icons flickered and then momentarily vanished from the desktop screen, then re appeared seconds later.

What could have caused this issue? Low memory or something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

windows update??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What you describe sound like File Explorer has crashed and reloaded. It could be caused by various things from software, system configuration to hardware...

click start menu, type in :
    perfmon /rel
    hit enter, review timeline and descriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

What you describe sound like File Explorer has crashed and reloaded. It could be caused by various things from software, system configuration to hardware...

click start menu, type in :
    hit enter, review timeline and descriptions

Thanks. Could this affect any files saved to the desktop already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks. Could this affect any files saved to the desktop already?
    If it's just File Explorer reload - unlikely, however, it should not do it on its own... You can initiate that yourself without cons.
    If it start doing it on regular basis you might need to find what causes it, as it would be indication of potential issues...
    Observe disk, cpu, ram usage in Task Manager. Check system for malware.
    Post your system specs, age.

Advertisement