Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Contract - Small Claims Court

Options
  • 22-07-2020 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Going to leave some details out for privacy reasons- hope this is ok.

I entered a contract with a private company who offer services in the media industry.

I paid €2000 for the service and signed a contract with this company.

The contract stated that the service/product we paid for would be finished and provided within 16 weeks from the date of contract.

41 weeks have now passed and I still have not received the service/product I paid for. I have contacted the company a number of times and each time was promised it would be delivered as soon as possible and an excuse was given in relation to why the service hadn't been provided.

Could I bring this to the small claims court for breach of contract? At this stage it's just ridiculous that the service has not been provided.

Even with Covid related lockdowns etc. the contract stated the service would be provided by end of January so I don't think this can excuse the lack of provision of the service legally paid for.

Any opinions welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you enter this contract as a private individual or a business? And how did you pay them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you enter this contract as a private individual or a business? And how did you pay them?

Private individual. Paid by Direct Bank Transfer from personal account to their business account in 2 separate installments as per the pay schedule specified in the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Have you actually asked them for the money back?

But on the face of it, I think it would be eligible for SCC

Have you actually asked them for the money back?

But on the face of it, I think it would be eligible for SCC

My issue at the moment is that I need to receive the product, it is of extreme sentimental value so I do require it to be completed.

I just don't know if I would be eligible to go to SCC for breach of contract after receiving the goods- albeit 6 months later than the agreed date.

I just believe that paying a large amount of money to be waiting 25 weeks+ over the contractual agreement is unacceptable.

I don't want to be greedy either, but I paid in full on-time and in good fate that the service would be delivered, and the wait is highly unprofessional and not acceptable IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

are you looking for your money back, or a discount on the agreed price?

If you are looking for a discount (or compensation) then SCC is not the way forward. You would need to agree this with the vendor.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    are you looking for your money back, or a discount on the agreed price?

If you are looking for a discount (or compensation) then SCC is not the way forward. You would need to agree this with the vendor.

Thanks for this

Advertisement