Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing a bank account

• 22-07-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello I'm moving to another country outside EU and need to close my bank account on my way out.What's the procedure for doing that, and is it possible to keep it around just in case and close it when I've left the country (for example, what if I've to use my card while in transit, for emergencies?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DigitalDude

Mr.S wrote: »
    You send them a signed letter telling them to close your account and transfer balance to X account.

You can generally always keep your account open even if you move abroad.

Are there good reasons to keep an account open in a country you don't plan on re-visiting / returning?
    I think it's better to close it so as not to inadvertently be liable to pay any overdraft or interest fees

Advertisement