Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m planning on 165 sq metres, bigger than I thought originally but I don’t think it’s excessive. It’s fairly rural but can’t argue with the ribbon bit, though almost every road has been subject to ribbon development over the last 2 decades.

100 square metres would be quite modest and in line with what we used to call ‘council’ houses. I certainly don’t see too many building that size.

Most council houses I Survey are about 80 Sq. M here in north Dublin.
    Minimum houses to current regs are 100 Sq. M for a 3 bed here using the manual the planners like.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tallaghtjoe

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Anybody got an average price per square metre on what builders charge for a new build in the midlands. Laois Offaly area

cost us €1400 sqm in Laois. started building last July.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What builders are charging that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Builders finish or turn key?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Builders finish or turn key?

This was builders finish on the house, included underfloor heating, heat pumps, double glazing, the usual. also included a walled entrance (wings).
    Builder was recommended by architect but I was very happy with the job he carried out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

This was builders finish on the house, included underfloor heating, heat pumps, double glazing, the usual. also included a walled entrance (wings).
    Builder was recommended by architect but I was very happy with the job he carried out.

Can you pm me the builders name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Ok cool, but just to clear for everybody who is budgeting to build a house what is your cost per meter squared after you put down your flooring, fit a kitchen etc, also what are your planning fees, professional fees because all of these have to paid for as well.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can you pm me the builders name

Cant send you PMs.
    ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Ok cool, but just to clear for everybody who is budgeting to build a house what is your cost per meter squared after you put down your flooring, fit a kitchen etc, also what are your planning fees, professional fees because all of these have to paid for as well.

The house is 200m2. Still have a bit to do. We got a local guy to make kitchen, wardrobes, bathroom units and put down wooden floors, so saved here.
    Site was already serviced, but we did have to get the upgrade on ESB, this cost around €1200
    CC contribution was €2000 + €550 for percolation + someone to dig the holes €150
    Professional fees €11000
    Costs are around €1800 per sq m

After building the structure you could pay any amount you want to pay, depending on your taste and budget. A kitchen could cost anywhere between €5000 - €60,000, depending on what you want to include in it!!

Advertisement