Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required

• 23-07-2020 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm 5ft10 around 12 stone i was 14 stone 4 I've lost weight through diet and exercise (feel miles better) calories are now at around 2000-2500 a day 2500 is a matience amount i belive...ive been training daily and been on test cyp 5 weeks at 500mg a week can I still put size on and gain on these cals also.ive upped my protein intake i don't want to to put much belly fat thats my worry hence not being eating 4000 plus calories which I could easily do any advice

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: Moved from the Food forum to a more appropriate setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,646 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It depends what your actual maintenance is. You don't need to have a big surplus to put on size. Have a read of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Cill94

76kg (I don't know why so many people on this forum use stone but sure look) is not heavy for your height.

As Alf has pointed out above, you don't have to be in a big surplus to gain muscle. If 2500 cals is maintenance for you, then going to 2750 is a conservative increase that will mean the majority of weight gained is muscle.

Just also ensure you're taking in a good amount of protein (1.5 - 2g per kg bwt.) and following a proper strength programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If you are new to weight lifting you will gain without 'bulking'. Beginners rarely need any surplus. They just need to train.

Its really only when you hit a plateau after lifting a while or you feel you need to eat a bit more (physically) that you should create a surplus.

Advertisement