Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on a new card

Options
  • 23-07-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I made an online order which wasn't right so I need to send the item back and get a refund. However, since making the order I've lost and replaced my debit card the order was made on. I asked the site how the refund will be processed but they said their system only allows them to refund onto the original payment method. They suggested to contact my debit crd company to ask what the procedure is in this situation. What is the best thing to do?

Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There, 

Thanks for checking in with us. 

The refund will still go through okay for you on the card even if it's cancelled. This will show as a credit on your bank account for you. 

The time frame for refund to show will depend on the retailer, it's usually around 3-5 business days.

We hope the info helps, feel free to check back for any future queries.  

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juicechamb

Hi Alison,

Oh that's fab. Thanks so much for getting back so quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

You're very welcome, happy to help!

Alison

Advertisement