Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Tuner in Vu Solo 4k

• 23-07-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have an VU Plus internal tuner on the way for a my VU Solo 4k for Saorview. Apart from opening the box and installing are there any other drivers etc required? Running latest version of Open ATV image.

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

No, reboot by using switch at rear and it will be recognised, then you go to tuner config and set it to t2 as it will probably be at c for cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

Tuner came today and installed. Configured and scanned. I am getting some breakup though on channels from time to time. SNR is 99 percent. I dont think its the aerial as its fine via TV... im passing through aerial from VU tuner to TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

There are a few things you can do but it could be dodgy tuner. I would re-seat the tuner, check the coax lead in. Reboot box and then do a re-scan and save. Take out lead to tv for a little while. What image are you usIng?

I had a problem with a solo2 and play tv and it required a re-boot but when I changed image that went away BUT there are times I get slight breakup. I dont watch a lot of rte etc so not bothered but I have 2 aerials and the other is fine.

If it persists I'd be inclined to blame tuner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

swoofer wrote: »
    There are a few things you can do but it could be dodgy tuner. I would re-seat the tuner, check the coax lead in. Reboot box and then do a re-scan and save. Take out lead to tv for a little while. What image are you usIng?

I had a problem with a solo2 and play tv and it required a re-boot but when I changed image that went away BUT there are times I get slight breakup. I dont watch a lot of rte etc so not bothered but I have 2 aerials and the other is fine.

If it persists I'd be inclined to blame tuner.

ok... using open atv latest image... probably from some day last week. Watched for about 30 minutes and seems fine... i actually picked up a play tuner and was getting a bit of breakup to.. thats out now.. i removed the play tuner and driver before adding the new tuner. I will keep eye on it. Probably only really watch rte for the news and late late show... yes i know.. dont ask

Advertisement