Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Hacked?

Options
  • 23-07-2020 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

What a rabbit hole! :(

Tried to send a friend a 'Gift Card', yesterday. Got a receipt for it, instantly. Minute later, another email saying they've seen dodgy activity and are investigating. Then they say my Visa has expired.

No, it's not. It's good for another few months yet.

I, basically, lost track after that. But, I got a mail asking me to reset my stuff by following their link. (As If!!!) Return address was something like " Amazon:jd7fhb4jh6776fhj49n "

Somewhere in there, I hit them, through the main site. They locked my account for a bit. Then emailed me to say all was good and to carry on. But, by this point, having been called my real name and so forth, from So Many 'Amazon' emails? I don't know which way is up, any more.

I'm terrified of my own account.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

If you suspect the emails were not sent by Amazon and they don't lead the the Amazon website you can verify by opening them, but DON'T input any information, don't do anything else but open.
    Then, on the left next to the website address there should be a button that looks like a padlock, click on it, see the certificate information, see if they are actually Amazon.
    Probably you're fine, but the stuff above will give you peace of mind if everything checks out.

Here is a video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_IBcoQTD4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

You Absolute Legend!!! Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bit late now, but anything sent from Amazon can be viewed in your account.

Open account settings, and then message centre.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/message?ref_=ya_d_c_msg_center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

Thanks. I'm happy enough, now, that all's as should be. But, dear god, That was horrific!

Advertisement