Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Good luck to everyone doing the e-tray. Only advice I can give is to use your time wisely.

From what I cam remember I didn't have any time left at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Those who have interviews soon, anyone know what date they go up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

I have mine on the 24th of February

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Hi anyone that has done interview online can you tell me if you can have your application form in front of you while doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Interested in comment above also.. but where can I access a copy of my application form with example competencies I gave way back in august.. scared I may mix up details etc.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

AJMG wrote: »
    Interested in comment above also.. but where can I access a copy of my application form with example competencies I gave way back in august.. scared I may mix up details etc.
    Thanks!
    you should be able to access your form when you login in and go to 'My Applications'

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Thanks!

What example competencies do you mean here?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Hi anyone that has done interview online can you tell me if you can have your application form in front of you while doing it?

Not really. I mean you probably can but the interview is quite busy/intense so you wouldn’t have time to be looking at anything. Best to review it well before the interview so that you’re familiar with what you wrote. I know, it was quite a while ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Halcyon_dayz

For anyone still waiting I just got my result and oom this afternoon, I had my interview on the 11th jan

Mellybelly wrote: »

Yep

Dont be reading off it the whole time tho, its to consult if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

tomjmsn wrote: »
    What example competencies do you mean here?

Didn’t we have to give some examples on the forms we filled out of examples of situations where we displayed competencies in previous roles?
    I may be mistaken as I’ve applied to numerous positions in the past year!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

For anyone still waiting I just got my result and oom this afternoon, I had my interview on the 11th jan

Congrats, did anyone else get an oom this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Just curious about anyone who just did the etray practice. I have pretty decent internet but i found flicking between the tabs would bring up a spinning loading bar. Is this to simulate working with awful connections or was it my internet. The time continued to tick down during the spinning so it has me wondering. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

facade wrote: »
    Congrats, did anyone else get an oom this afternoon?

Yeah I got mine did my interview on the 25th of jan and got it yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tn2020

Syrohara90 wrote: »
    Yeah I got mine did my interview on the 25th of jan and got it yesterday evening.

Yep exactly the same for me!

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Just curious about anyone who just did the etray practice. I have pretty decent internet but i found flicking between the tabs would bring up a spinning loading bar. Is this to simulate working with awful connections or was it my internet. The time continued to tick down during the spinning so it has me wondering. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

What browser are you using? I found a lot of issues were sorted by downloading Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Didn’t we have to give some examples on the forms we filled out of examples of situations where we displayed competencies in previous roles?
    I may be mistaken as I’ve applied to numerous positions in the past year!

Don't recall doing any competencies for my application. As you say it was a while ago so I may be wrong.

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Don't recall doing any competencies for my application. As you say it was a while ago so I may be wrong.

No competencies were added to the form, only work history and duties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M1ssym00

I just got contacted for clearance for the Dublin open competition 🎉

M1ssym00 wrote: »
    I just got contacted for clearance for the Dublin open competition ��

Wow that's fantastic! Very intrigued as to where you'll be placed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Congratulations, did they ask you for copy of qualifications or is that after clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M1ssym00

Congratulations, did they ask you for copy of qualifications or is that after clearance?

Thanks, they've asked for a copy of qualifications now

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Thanks, they've asked for a copy of qualifications now

Congratulations 🥳 very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

[is that for batch one? Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

gestappo wrote: »
    What browser are you using? I found a lot of issues were sorted by downloading Chrome.

Thats the thing, I was using chrome. I'll double check everything before I start the exam. Has anyone taken it yet? I got the message this morning that it was available

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

I just got contacted for clearance for the Dublin open competition ��

How did you find the interview M1ssy?

Anyone else do the interview? How did ye find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Brillant. If I remember rightly you were OOM 7? I’m 13 hopefully will hear soon too. What do you have to provide? You can DM me if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Thats the thing, I was using chrome. I'll double check everything before I start the exam. Has anyone taken it yet? I got the message this morning that it was available

I took it this afternoon with no issues on Chrome as you described earlier.

Maybe try the familiarisation again and see if you are getting same issues.

There is a contact email for technical issues in the booklet and was given at the start of the test.

support@assessmentintelligence.com
    including ‘EO Etray 1020' in the subject line

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Hi
    Is the familiarisation very different to the actual test.... I found it challenging enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Well done. Which competition was that for?

Advertisement