Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Anyone get called for etray for Galway yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Just finished it there. The example is very useful. Make sure you take the time to read all the instructions. It gives you 2 hours so make sure you take the time to learn all the rules explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Just finished it there. The example is very useful. Make sure you take the time to read all the instructions. It gives you 2 hours so make sure you take the time to learn all the rules explained.

Thanks for info planning on doing over the weekend. Did you have many tasks at the same time or were they coming in like 1 at a time. Did you have to prioritise tasks over each other is what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Thanks for info planning on doing over the weekend. Did you have many tasks at the same time or were they coming in like 1 at a time. Did you have to prioritise tasks over each other is what I mean

You'll have a few main tasks given to you early on and then you'll have constant emails coming in which can be distracting.

Darren1881 wrote: »
    You'll have a few main tasks given to you early on and then you'll have constant emails coming in which can be distracting.

Great thank you hope yours went well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Leitrim_man

I’m 49 for both Leitrim and Longford. Thought that having sneaked into the top 50, I’d get a call to the etray but unfortunately not. Definitely wasn’t 50 called
    WishfullT wrote: »
    Hi all; unfortunately I didn’t get called today for E-Tray 🥲I am 52/56 OOM Longford/Leitrim respectively. Anyone have any idea how the campaign runs? I.e will there be another batch called for the regional counties? Or in Peoples opinions/experiences is it generally only one batch called for from the regional counties? Am I to be realistic and say this is the end of the road? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

I’m 49 for both Leitrim and Longford. Thought that having sneaked into the top 50, I’d get a call to the etray but unfortunately not. Definitely wasn’t 50 called

Have Longford and Leitrim even been called yet?

I'm in the 20s for Longford and I've heard nothing.
    It seems the people who were called had Sligo down as well

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

jules86 wrote: »
    Have Longford and Leitrim even been called yet?

I'm in the 20s for Longford and I've heard nothing.
    It seems the people who were called had Sligo down as well

Hi, I'm in mid teens for longford & have been called for etray

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anyone called for Waterford or Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭yellowbear

EO2019 wrote: »
    Anyone called for Waterford or Wexford?

Yeah not sure which one it is though or if it's both. Low 20s in both but higher in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Has anyone been called for etray from the Limerick or Kerry panel and up to what number on the panel has been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nick_Nolte

Have to finished the first batch of interviews for Dublin yet?I

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Nick_Nolte wrote: »
    Have to finished the first batch of interviews for Dublin yet?I

I think somebody posted during the week that they have an interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    I think somebody posted during the week that they have an interview next week.

AFAIK that’s the second batch of interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I wonder how this will work out batch wise once interviews are done. At that stage might we be getting a final OOM or batch number etc.

Started a position on Monday and already hate every minutiae of it, so I’m anxious for the EO panel to keep moving at a good pace so I can get out as fast as I can. :(

gestappo wrote: »
    AFAIK that’s the second batch of interviews.

Ah right. Sorry I thought he was asking about interviews in general. My mistake.

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Ah right. Sorry I thought he was asking about interviews in general. My mistake.

I think there will be 3 rounds of interviews for the first batch that passed etray. First round have their results, 2nd are sitting interviews currently and the 3rd have yet to get called.. that’s my understanding of it anyway.

I think there will be 3 rounds of interviews for the first batch that passed etray. First round have their results, 2nd are sitting interviews currently and the 3rd have yet to get called.. that’s my understanding of it anyway.

Will they be batch 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc. based on what you’ve observed? Or will they just all be in one batch?

Thanks Gestappo!

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Will they be batch 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc. based on what you’ve observed? Or will they just all be in one batch?

I’m guessing that will be the way it’ll go, purely basing it on previous comps

• Advertisement

Kerry gold wrote: »
    Has anyone been called for etray from the Limerick or Kerry panel and up to what number on the panel has been called?
    Hi I did today for Limerick/Tipp not sure how many were called I think maybe only 20 to 30

That’s great information. Thank you!

I have never received a batch number before; do they email that? Or is it something on their website that goes up eventually?

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    That’s great information. Thank you!

I have never received a batch number before; do they email that? Or is it something on their website that goes up eventually?

I have it on a previous competition result email from public jobs

Competition Name: Executive Officer 2018-Batch 2.1

AFAIK the only time you're put into a batch is after passing interview.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OrlaParkes

Hi everyone, I am so happy I have come across this thread, great information.This is the first time I have applied to the civil service. I got an OOM of 1020 for Dublin. Do you think I could be called soon? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whattoknow

Hi I did today for Limerick/Tipp not sure how many were called I think maybe only 20 to 30
    Were you on the open or interdepartmental competition

whattoknow wrote: »
    Were you on the open or interdepartmental competition
    Open

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whattoknow

Open
    Thanks

OrlaParkes wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am so happy I have come across this thread, great information.This is the first time I have applied to the civil service. I got an OOM of 1020 for Dublin. Do you think I could be called soon? Thank you.

I think they called up to around 940 to e-tray this round based on what I have seen posted here, but it could be a little more or less. I'd say you'll be called to e-tray in the next batch; but when that is I'm not sure. It's a two year panel though so with a number like that I imagine you will be called to e-tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OrlaParkes

Thank you very much...I will stay optimistic so..! Good luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

You were kind of right 1.2 got their results on Wednesday and I was in the first round of interviews

Advertisement