Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    I thought you had to score at least 20/50 on each competency, no? That's what I read on previous EO threads.

Yea thats how I was marked in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

gestappo wrote: »
    They mark each competency out of a total score so if you fall down in one, you can still pass.

What was it that made you feel like you didn’t pass?

I don't know really just my last few answers weren't great and they had to stop me a couple of time for going of topic.

I don't think it was as bad as I first thought but who knows with interviews.

You have to pass each competency

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lauras5839

Wazoid wrote: »
    I'm oom 7 for Dublin interdepartmental and I haven't been offered a position yet. Got my interview results last Thursday.

I've just been contacted this minute by email to begin the clearance process, I'm a couple of places above you in the oom for the Dublin Interdepartmental panel so you should hear very soon, best of luck!

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    I've just been contacted this minute by email to begin the clearance process, I'm a couple of places above you in the oom for the Dublin Interdepartmental panel so you should hear very soon, best of luck!

Do they still have to do clerance checks if you're already a standing civil servant?

• Advertisement

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Do they still have to do clerance checks if you're already a standing civil servant?

Kind of, they're not looking for any proof of my educational achievements but I have to indicate which of the four criteria in that category I am eligible under and I have to send them scanned proof of my eligibility regarding my citizenship and then I have to sign declarations regarding my health and character. They're going to be contacting my current job for references as well. It says that there will be Garda Vetting as well but I haven't been sent that form to fill out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Kind of, they're not looking for any proof of my educational achievements but I have to indicate which of the four criteria in that category I am eligible under and I have to send them scanned proof of my eligibility regarding my citizenship and then I have to sign declarations regarding my health and character. They're going to be contacting my current job for references as well. It says that there will be Garda Vetting as well but I haven't been sent that form to fill out yet

Does it specify who the reference has to come from? Do you know if they accept a reference from the HR dept of a company worked in previously? i.e. not a CS HR.

Or does it specify a manager who you worked under? My former managers have left as far as I know.

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Does it specify who the reference has to come from? Do you know if they accept a reference from the HR dept of a company worked in previously? i.e. not a CS HR.

Or does it specify a manager who you worked under? My former managers have left as far as I know.

When it came to myself I had recently started working for a new employer (within 3 months) so what they did was contact the employer I had before that which worked out well as we ended on good terms. They may ask you to provide the contact details of your recent managers.

Just curious is this your first time applying for the civil service or if you are doing it as interdependental also. I had to do the garda vetting process before i started in the department of justice and hope it's not required again. It can take a few weeks for the process to be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just curious is this your first time applying for the civil service or if you are doing it as interdependental also. I had to do the garda vetting process before i started in the department of justice and hope it's not required again. It can take a few weeks for the process to be completed.

In AGS at least, they don't vet you again on promotion.

• Advertisement

So I'm already in the CS, and I have been vetted before but that's out of date now so they could well do it again I'm not sure. All I know is that it is mentioned in the documentation I got sent.

Also I believe they are going to go to my current department looking for references, the only space there was for me to fill in anything in was a space for new employer details in case I've changed jobs since applying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maryryan33

How long between PAS contacting you about an interest to interview for your selected County, until you received your interview date?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Maryryan33 wrote: »
    How long between PAS contacting you about an interest to interview for your selected County, until you received your interview date?
    I received an email that I'm invited to attend the interview. With a interview date 3 weeks from that email.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Hey guys. For those who have done the E-Tray and got results, how long after the deadline did ye get the result?? :)

Mayoman89 wrote: »
    Hey guys. For those who have done the E-Tray and got results, how long after the deadline did ye get the result?? :)

Hey someone told me the other day it was 5 weeks after the closing date of the exam. Personally I hope it will be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Hey someone told me the other day it was 5 weeks after the closing date of the exam. Personally I hope it will be less.

Same as. Waiting is horrible enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone recruited from the 2019 Irish language panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

May be different, but I had the same process for CO in January and there was one week between the expression of interest message and the interview date and time message. Hopefully its quicker this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Anyone know how long clearance usually takes?

11amie11 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long clearance usually takes?

It depends on the section. It can take from weeks to months. For the department of justice it has taken up to 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Wazoid

Great to know, thank you! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 19,004 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

KRedzer wrote: »
    May be different, but I had the same process for CO in January and there was one week between the expression of interest message and the interview date and time message. Hopefully its quicker this time.

I think a week is an okay time delay... If anything this EO process is going a wee bit too quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 briancummins79

Hi
    Has anyone from waterford or kilkenny been called to etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Could someone explain to me the timeline in terms of clearance and job offer? when would you be handing in your notice to your current employer and when would you find out what department you've been offered?

Thanks

JDWW wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me the timeline in terms of clearance and job offer? when would you be handing in your notice to your current employer and when would you find out what department you've been offered?

Thanks

Well this competition is for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform so I'm fairly sure thats the only department you'll be offered. I'm open to correction on that. Between finding out I passed the interview (CO) and being assigned a position took 5 weeks. Keep in mind that was open to all departments at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Well this competition is for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform so I'm fairly sure thats the only department you'll be offered. I'm open to correction on that. Between finding out I passed the interview (CO) and being assigned a position took 5 weeks. Keep in mind that was open to all departments at the time.

DPER is the dept who allocate funds for these competitions and is the authority on recruitment/funds etc.

You could be placed in any of the departments.

DPER is the dept who allocate funds for these competitions and is the authority on recruitment/funds etc.

Ah fantastic I was wondering throughout if it was only that department because there seemed to be a lot of placements for just 1 section. Thats far more interesting if it could be any department. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Yeah that's my understanding of this competition as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

This is exactly right.

If any Department was likely to get the majority of recruitment from this it would likely be Social Protection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Depends on the department.

Advertisement