Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

allyben wrote: »
    just under two weeks - my interview was the week of the 15th
    My interview was the 16th and I'm in batch 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

So there will be at least 5 batches, considering more people are being interviewed shortly for Dublin

As part of the interview invite, It asked me to click on a zoom link to test it. I remember from here people mentioned that someone was monitoring these tests but there was no one else on this test link. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

gestappo wrote: »
    How long were you all waiting for your results?

Two weeks - I did my interview on the 17th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

As part of the interview invite, It asked me to click on a zoom link to test it. I remember from here people mentioned that someone was monitoring these tests but there was no one else on this test link. Is that right?

I did the test link. It was with a PAS staff member and it lasted a few seconds. It was just to make sure your camera and audio were ok.

There was a PAS staff member that moderated the actual interview. They greeted you and then at the end they were the ones who ended the Zoom call.

Their screen goes blank and they are on mute for the interview. You forget that they are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

How long were you all waiting for your results?

I was waiting one week. Had my interview 17th found out 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Hi, i got my result today I scored within top 20 of the 1.4 panel. Do people think they will be long getting through the lists? I am currently in a 2 year masters and I am unsure what to do if i get offered a job. Some say they might wait for me to finish but some say they wont. unsure if there's anything to be done in this situation

Hi, i got my result today I scored within top 20 of the 1.4 panel. Do people think they will be long getting through the lists? I am currently in a 2 year masters and I am unsure what to do if i get offered a job. Some say they might wait for me to finish but some say they wont. unsure if there's anything to be done in this situation

You can contact PAS and ask how many ppl are in front of you to be placed and then ask the question about finishing your masters. But from my previous experience; if you do not take what is offered, then you’re taken off the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hi MorrisM,
    I’m Sligo/Leitrim also and did etray due the 18th. Found the etray tough enough but hope to have done well, having completed all. In relation to dates I’ve seen mentioned on here anything from 2 weeks to 5 weeks.. would love to have a better idea when we’ll find out if anyone can shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

AJMG wrote: »
    Hi MorrisM,
    I’m Sligo/Leitrim also and did etray due the 18th. Found the etray tough enough but hope to have done well, having completed all. In relation to dates I’ve seen mentioned on here anything from 2 weeks to 5 weeks.. would love to have a better idea when we’ll find out if anyone can shed any light?

Yeah I'd love to know how long people were waiting for etray results too. I had 22 seconds left on the clock at the end but I did get it finished, just! No idea if my answers were what they are looking for though!! Fingers crossed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

You can contact PAS and ask how many ppl are in front of you to be placed and then ask the question about finishing your masters. But from my previous experience; if you do not take what is offered, then you’re taken off the panel.

PAS wouldn't tell me how many people were in my batch, or the batch ahead of me. They said they dont give out that info until the Panel has ended.

facade wrote: »
    PAS wouldn't tell me how many people were in my batch, or the batch ahead of me. They said they dont give out that info until the Panel has ended.

Must be a new thing as for previous competitions they gave me the amount of people ahead to be assigned countless times.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Can you defer the second year?would it be possible to do part time along with working. Your department may refund your fees if it relates to your area of work, you may have to have passed probation first.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Do batches all have the same number/amount of people in them? If so, how many are in them? I'd estimate around 50 given that the first few batches coming up now in Dublin were from the first 450 called for e-tray and some people didn't make it through the interview round?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

Hello all.

I got placed late 20s on the panel for batch 1.4. Im delighted but also a bit confused as to what happens next.

Does this mean there are 4 separate panels ie a panel for batch 1.1, a panel for batch 1.2 and so on?

Or is it just one panel comprised of people from across all the batches?

Also does anyone know whether my place will definitely be reached ? Or is it still not certain?

And if it will be reached, is it likely to be a long or short wait? Ive heard some panels run for over a year.

And a massive thanks to all contributors to this thread. It has been hugely helpful to someone like me who has no experience of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Zhome wrote: »
    Hello all.

I got placed late 20s on the panel for batch 1.4. Im delighted but also a bit confused as to what happens next.

Does this mean there are 4 separate panels ie a panel for batch 1.1, a panel for batch 1.2 and so on?

Or is it just one panel comprised of people from across all the batches?

Also does anyone know whether my place will definitely be reached ? Or is it still not certain?

And if it will be reached, is it likely to be a long or short wait? Ive heard some panels run for over a year.

And a massive thanks to all contributors to this thread. It has been hugely helpful to someone like me who has no experience of the process.

One panel. All of 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 will need to be placed or eliminated before they move to 1.4. No idea where they are upto but you can ring and ask. Etiquette is to then update the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

For anyone who has been assigned or is awaiting clearance, do you know where you've been assigned to yet? Would be good to know where the majority of jobs are going so far.

Have my interview tomorrow so any last words of advice!?

Have my interview tomorrow so any last words of advice!?

Very best of luck, let us know how you get on

Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

Does anyone have the phone number for PAS? The number on site just says to email and request a call back. I confirmed attendance and got an email to say it hadn't been received and Ive been removed from the panel. I'm freaking out!

• Advertisement

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    Does anyone have the phone number for PAS? The number on site just says to email and request a call back. I confirmed attendance and got an email to say it hadn't been received and Ive been removed from the panel. I'm freaking out!

They're all working from home so email is the only way.

Screenshot your confirmation email and resend it - requesting a call back from a supervisor (EO / HEO)?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Best of luck to everyone doing interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Has anyone from batch 1.1 in the open been called? I was OOM 7 and I got my clearance email on the 11th of February and replied with all relevant info on the 12th and I have heard nothing back since. Anyone in the batch been called or have any experience on how long clearance takes? Thanks.

11amie11 wrote: »
    Has anyone from batch 1.1 in the open been called? I was OOM 7 and I got my clearance email on the 11th of February and replied with all relevant info on the 12th and I have heard nothing back since. Anyone in the batch been called or have any experience on how long clearance takes? Thanks.

I can offer no help at all but wanted to say well done on that OOM place :-)

That's an excellent result, well done. At least some sign for rest of us things are moving, albeit slowly.

I'm batch 1.3, OOM 18. Worried I might be waiting a while.

tomjmsn wrote: »
    That's an excellent result, well done. At least some sign for rest of us things are moving, albeit slowly.

I'm batch 1.3, OOM 18. Worried I might be waiting a while.

It sounds quite likely unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Yikes Amie, I thought you would have heard by now. I'm batch 1.3 so preparing for a long wait based on your experience so far.

Will you let us know when there's movement? I'd really appreciate it.

AJMG wrote: »
    Hi MorrisM,

AJMG, I emailed Public Jobs today and they just replied and said that we will have our results for the e-tray which had to be completed by 18th February by the end March 2021. So it looks like we will be waiting another couple of weeks at least.

It sounds quite likely unfortunately :(

Having said that I saw on the CO thread some for Dublin in Batch 19 are currently being posted..? I vaguely remember the CO campaign being advertised a few months ahead of this one so maybe that's a promising sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hey MorrisM..
    Thanks a million for the heads up. The waiting really is a pain! At least we won’t be disappointed at 5pm on Friday when the inbox doesn’t ping! Hopefully it won’t be all the way until the end of March. Thanks again and hope you are successful.
    A

Advertisement