Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Yikes Amie, I thought you would have heard by now. I'm batch 1.3 so preparing for a long wait based on your experience so far.

Will you let us know when there's movement? I'd really appreciate it.

I know, me too. I was OOM 1 in batch 1.1 for inter stream, but when it came to getting placed they realised i was 4 weeks short of the 2 years service when i applied last August :( I wil of course let you all know as soon as I hear anything, which will hopefully be soon. Congrats on placing on the panel too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

11amie11 wrote: »
    I know, me too. I was OOM 1 in batch 1.1 for inter stream, but when it came to getting placed they realised i was 4 weeks short of the 2 years service when i applied last August :( I wil of course let you all know as soon as I hear anything, which will hopefully be soon. Congrats on placing on the panel too :)

Congrats to you too Amie. And thanks a million. Fingers crossed you get called soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tebazil

Can I ask you what OOM you got in the open please, just to get an idea of how many people are in batch 1.1 of the open. You don't have to be exact in the OOM, just a rough idea. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pk23

Has anybody in Kerry received their e-tray results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭blondie007

pk23 wrote: »
    Has anybody in Kerry received their e-tray results yet?

Hi pk23, If you read back on yesterdays posts-you'll see morrism emailed PAS re etray results & was told we'd have them by the end of March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lb2021

Hi all, I was oom 8 in 1.1 and got an email yesterday saying I had been assigned to the Department of Agriculture.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Has anyone from batch 1.1 in the open been called? I was OOM 7 and I got my clearance email on the 11th of February and replied with all relevant info on the 12th and I have heard nothing back since. Anyone in the batch been called or have any experience on how long clearance takes? Thanks.

Hiya you could try contacting Clearance@publicjobs.ie for an update

Tebazil wrote: »
    Can I ask you what OOM you got in the open please, just to get an idea of how many people are in batch 1.1 of the open. You don't have to be exact in the OOM, just a rough idea. Thanks.

No problem, i got oom 7 :)

Lb2021 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was oom 8 in 1.1 and got an email yesterday saying I had been assigned to the Department of Agriculture.

Hi can i ask was this the open? I got oom 7 in open and still waiting on my clearance! Havent been assigned yet, can i ask what documents you sent in for clearance and how long it took from sending them in to being assigned? Thanks

Hi can i ask was this the open? I got oom 7 in open and still waiting on my clearance! Havent been assigned yet, can i ask what documents you sent in for clearance and how long it took from sending them in to being assigned? Thanks

Hi! Yes it was the open. I submitted my documents on 16th Feb and was assigned yesterday, 3rd March. I just submitted all the documents they asked for; the three forms that they sent, my passport, drivers license, public services card, birth certificate and copies of my two degrees. There was a lot of back and forth about the references, but I know that they were finally submitted on Thursday (25th Feb), because my references let me know that they had sent them in.

• Advertisement

Congrats when do you start your new post?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Just out of my interview. I felt some sections were strong but that some of my examples began to crossover between competencies and I was worried I was just repeating myself. Hopefully not!

facade wrote: »
    Congrats when do you start your new post?

Thank you! I haven't been told yet, I just received a message on my public jobs account yesterday saying that I had been placed with the department of Agriculture and that HR would be in touch soon about location and start date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

HI two things;

What kind of questions are you asked in interview, can someone give an actual example of a question? I understand they work of your application form, but what exact questions will they ask? I have not had an interview for 4 years+.

And what kind of clothes did you wear, was it shirt and tie or just shirt and slacks?

Cheers

Congratulations! I work just across from Dept of Agri, busy time for them at the moment! I was contacted on the 11th Feb for my documents and replied the 12th. I did not need half the documents you needed as I am already in the civil service. I did still need to provide two references but I know for a fact my references have not even been contacted yet and I was was asked for no additional info or documents from PAS. I was speaking to the girl who got OOM 13 and even she has been told where she will be assigned to. I am so frustrated at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Loreida

Hi everyone. Hope you don't me intruding on your thread, but I was hoping for some info.

I've been in the clearance process for a public sector job since November.

The woman I deal with is slow to deal with, unresponsive, and makes many mistakes. She called my references last week (I only know because they told me). I'm unemployed and getting seriously broke waiting for this appointment.

Does anyone have any information about the process. I would think, since she called my references, I should get an offer soon?

She tells me nothing, no timeline. I get one line misspelled emails, usually requesting the sames documents. She even called the wrong reference for me.

Hi! Yes it was the open. I submitted my documents on 16th Feb and was assigned yesterday, 3rd March. I just submitted all the documents they asked for; the three forms that they sent, my passport, drivers license, public services card, birth certificate and copies of my two degrees. There was a lot of back and forth about the references, but I know that they were finally submitted on Thursday (25th Feb), because my references let me know that they had sent them in.

Do your references have to fill out a form or do they just call them?

Congrats on your appointment Lb!

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Do your references have to fill out a form or do they just call them?

Congrats on your appointment Lb!

Thanks so much! They email them a 2 page form to fill out, it has approx 7/8 questions to fill out.

Thanks so much! They email them a 2 page form to fill out, it has approx 7/8 questions to fill out.

Thanks a million Lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Puguchung

Thanks for that list of the documents that are required for the clearance, good to know! Does PAS need the originals sent to them, or just scans/photos ok? I’m guessing scans should be fine but just want to make sure. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PatMurph

Hi all, thanks for this thread. It is nice to be kept in the loop. This process can be too long. Can someone help me please by informing me of where we are in the process for Dublin? what OOM number are we at there? I am about 500 on the interdepartmental area and I was hoping to at least have my e-tray by now. Thanks for the replies.

Puguchung wrote: »
    Thanks for that list of the documents that are required for the clearance, good to know! Does PAS need the originals sent to them, or just scans/photos ok? I’m guessing scans should be fine but just want to make sure. :)

You just have to scan them across and sign something to say that they are true coppies of the originals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Puguchung

You just have to scan them across and sign something to say that they are true coppies of the originals :)

Super, thanks. Wishful thinking at the moment but that’s the sort of thing I can make sure to have ready to go for if/when the time comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

PatMurph wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for this thread. It is nice to be kept in the loop. This process can be too long. Can someone help me please by informing me of where we are in the process for Dublin? what OOM number are we at there? I am about 500 on the interdepartmental area and I was hoping to at least have my e-tray by now. Thanks for the replies.

Don’t believe they have started interdepartmental yet. Or if they have it’s quite low OOMs like the 100s

As for Open they are up to the 940s

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

Don’t believe they have started interdepartmental yet. Or if they have it’s quite low OOMs like the 100s

Of course they’ve started the Interdepartmental!

For the first etray OOM of roughly around 200 was taken, I’m unsure of up to what OOM was taken for the second round of etrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

gestappo wrote: »
    Of course they’ve started the Interdepartmental!

For the first etray OOM of roughly around 200 was taken, I’m unsure of up to what OOM was taken for the second round of etrays.

Ok!

There ya go, someone with better insight, so not quite up to 500 yet in second but then I’m only following the open and haven’t seen many post here about interdepartmental or I’m happily missing them. Probably be in the next one fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

HI two things;

What kind of questions are you asked in interview, can someone give an actual example of a question? I understand they work of your application form, but what exact questions will they ask? I have not had an interview for 4 years+.

And what kind of clothes did you wear, was it shirt and tie or just shirt and slacks?

Cheers

Have one or two examples for each of the points listed on the competency sheet e.g. when you used negotiating skills to achieve an outcome or when you used good communication skills.

I wore my lucky wine colour blouse(she's up to 4 successful interviews now!) and a black blazer. My baggy jeans and slippers underneath - they can't see that!

HI two things;

Cheers

I was asked 'tell me about a time where you recognised something wasn't working well and how you improved it'

at the time it threw me and i fumbled an answer, but afterwards i was kicking myself because its actually a grand question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

HI two things;

Cheers

The questions are all based on the EO competencies
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

"Tell me about a time you feel you delivered results"
    "Tell me of a time you had to use people managment skills to overcome a difficult situation"

And you should answer in the STAR format.
    https://www.themuse.com/advice/star-interview-method

Make sure you have a pre-prepared answer you can rattle off for each competency. You WILL be asked to cover every single one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

I was inter d OOM 300 and have already done my etray. Not sure how they're going about it to be honest

Advertisement