Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

MonikaB wrote: »
    That's brilliant although not giving you much time to prep. Spoke to some who had already interviewed on the HEO panel, apparently they are fairly strict on 7minutes per competency. Good thing to know while prepping
    Best of luck on the 15th

Ye, first thing i thought was it is not very much time. I have had 2 in the last 2 months so I have the experience of them anyway. If I get my offer this week for this panel, I am not going to do the interview.

Yes a few people I work with have their interview this week for HEO and the ones who had it last week said the exact same thing about the time!

Best of luck in both interviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

Hi guys. Just wondering what time frame should you expect to here back about results after the interview stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

lukemeany wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just wondering what time frame should you expect to here back about results after the interview stage?

For me it was two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows what number the Dublin panel would be around for Interdepartmental Stream? I'm mid 400s and haven't heard anything since getting the results in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

I had my interview last Wednesday for Dublin Open Comp and just got my results - much quicker than I expected. Batch 1.5.

(Passed anyway, happy days!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

KRedzer wrote: »
    I had my interview last Wednesday for Dublin Open Comp and just got my results - much quicker than I expected. Batch 1.5.

Interesting.

Had my interview today.

They said 2 weeks to me. Now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Congrats!!

I wonder how many batches will they be for the first round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Interviewed on Thursday the 4th and just got my results, much quicker than I expected!

Passed and am in the mid teens in batch 1.5!

Reckon based on previous posts that there's at least 110 or so ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Interesting.

Had my interview today.

They said 2 weeks to me. Now we play the waiting game.

How did it go do you think?

gestappo wrote: »
    How did it go do you think?

Better than I thought it would have gone, but could have always gone better.

But no surprises and they were certainly receptive. So hopefully I pass at the very least.

One thing I was shocked at was that it was August that I sent in the application! Couldn't believe it was so long, so it meant that the details they had were a bit out of date so I made sure to update them when we did the CV/application run through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

11amie11 wrote: »
    Ye, first thing i thought was it is not very much time. I have had 2 in the last 2 months so I have the experience of them anyway. If I get my offer this week for this panel, I am not going to do the interview.

Yes a few people I work with have their interview this week for HEO and the ones who had it last week said the exact same thing about the time!

Best of luck in both interviews :)

Thank you, and very same to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brianmurray

Hello....

Are the EO interviews always structured same way, as per the framework: do they start with People Management-Analysis-Delivery of Results-Comm....? Do they combine the last two and do they tell you this?

My work detail has changed in the recent while, hopefully theres an opportunity at the start to make mention before they launch into the competencies....

Thanks!

Hello....

Are the EO interviews always structured same way, as per the framework: do they start with People Management-Analysis-Delivery of Results-Comm....? Do they combine the last two and do they tell you this?

My work detail has changed in the recent while, hopefully theres an opportunity at the start to make mention before they launch into the competencies....

Thanks!

They'll go through your application/CV at the beginning.

What I did was at the very beginning when they went through the education section was mention I had started a masters and new job when they got to the employment section. There's a very natural opportunity to interject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brianmurray

They'll go through your application/CV at the beginning.

What I did was at the very beginning when they went through the education section was mention I had started a masters and new job when they got to the employment section. There's a very natural opportunity to interject.

Good stuff, thanks for that!
    Probably using competency example from something not on my form so need to make mention then....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

Apologies if it was answered already, what happens if you refuse a placement do you get any other opportunities to consider or are you just off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Apologies if it was answered already, what happens if you refuse a placement do you get any other opportunities to consider or are you just off the list.

You can refuse a placement if it's over 45km from your address, anything under that is considered reasonable travel distance by the Civil Service.
    Apart from that-if you turn down an offer - you're off the panel.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Anyone know where they are for clearance yet? Saw someone say they were doing batch 1.2 a while back, has anyone been contacted from 1.3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Anyone know where they are for clearance yet? Saw someone say they were doing batch 1.2 a while back, has anyone been contacted from 1.3 yet?

I'm OOM 3 in 1.3 and have not heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

morrism wrote: »
    AJMG, I emailed Public Jobs today and they just replied and said that we will have our results for the e-tray which had to be completed by 18th February by the end March 2021. So it looks like we will be waiting another couple of weeks at least.

Thanks for that update. I found etray tough too so have fingers and toes crossed 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

Re referees they may give you direction on this eg a referee from a volunteering role etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

CP123 wrote: »
    Hey I have a few questions. So for people who are being placed, did PAS let you know before they contacted your current employer yes? And how much notice were you able to give. I want to give quite a long notice period, I dont know how long but as long as is possible.

Has anyone actually started their new position? I've been working from home the past year. In wondering if there are EO roles being given to people at the moment where they are working from home. Although I like WFH I would much prefer to be in the office if im learning a new role, especially because I have never worked in the Civil Service before so I am not familiar with anything at all. So has anyone started their new job, and if so, are you in office or at home?

I started brand new to civil service as EO last summer and have only seen the office on my first day. WFH since, it can be challenging at times where every single thing I need to ask, I need to email my HEO. When I’m struggling with things would like to be able to ask other people but my HEO is only one I know. It hasn’t been ideal but I’ve got used to being at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

CP123 wrote: »
    I'm OOM 3 in 1.3 and have not heard anything yet

I'm OOM 8 in 1.2 inter d and still having heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

I am in the top 10 OOM in batch 1.4. wondering where abouts are they? Do people think batch 1.4 might be reached fairly soon?
    I am quiet new to all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allyben

I am in the top 10 OOM in batch 1.4. wondering where abouts are they? Do people think batch 1.4 might be reached fairly soon?
    I am quiet new to all this.

Am in the 30's of batch 1.4 and yesterday they said there were 90ish ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

blondie007 wrote: »
    Hi pk23, If you read back on yesterdays posts-you'll see morrism emailed PAS re etray results & was told we'd have them by the end of March.

What was your oom? . I just missed out on the first batch

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

allyben wrote: »
    Am in the 30's of batch 1.4 and yesterday they said there were 90ish ahead of me

There goes my theory of there being about 25 in each batch. I'm in the teens in 1.5 so I reckon at least 110/120 ahead of me

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

What was your oom? . I just missed out on the first batch

I was in the top 5 OOM. They called up to OOM 46 for etray in Cork as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poljhti7547

I contacted pas they've called people only up to a total score 130 for Tipperary, my score was 115 so won't be called they said they might call more.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

There goes my theory of there being about 25 in each batch. I'm in the teens in 1.5 so I reckon at least 110/120 ahead of me
    I am also in the teens Batch 1.5 for Dublin open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

I interviewed this week, so I guess, if I've passed that'll be batch 1.6?

I didn't expect there to be so many batches! We must be the last on of the first etray sitting, or is there anyone in the first round of etrays still waiting for interview?

Advertisement