Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Skweefie wrote: »
    Can I ask how long were any of you waiting on the results from the etray exercise? I know many are at offer stage but I did my etray 4 weeks ago and still no result. Should I mail them or is that the normal turnaround time? Thanks

I think the first batch were waiting 6 weeks. You can email them, but they’ll give you a generic answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Seesee wrote: »
    Can you tell me more please?

Work is pretty interesting and good progression at the moment due to a restructuring of the way Garda staff are deployed. EOs could be a PAF admin (looks after the daily meeting on the current investigations) or PEMS admin dealing with evidence admin. There are a number of other roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Spudikus

Skweefie wrote: »
    Can I ask how long were any of you waiting on the results from the etray exercise? I know many are at offer stage but I did my etray 4 weeks ago and still no result. Should I mail them or is that the normal turnaround time? Thanks

I was in first batch for etray, was 5 and half weeks from final day to do it until I got results.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

gestappo wrote: »
    I think the first batch were waiting 6 weeks. You can email them, but they’ll give you a generic answer!

Thanks gestappo. I figured it would be a generic response too but just wasn't sure if the 4 weeks was long. Maybe next Friday.

Spudikus wrote: »
    I was in first batch for etray, was 5 and half weeks from final day to do it until I got results.

Thanks Spudikus. At least I can put my mind at ease for now. Thought I had maybe fallen through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Was called for department of social protection in limerick yesterday ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 V1llachamp89

bangors85 wrote: »

Great department, in the DSP myself.

What competition were you called from?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Great department, in the DSP myself.

Oh that’s great to hear?? Nervous as I’ve heard mixed reviews on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 V1llachamp89

Oh that’s great to hear?? Nervous as I’ve heard mixed reviews on the place.

Yeah , can only speak from my own experience. Nice work life balance in my opinion. Totally normal to feel nervous but good place to be in and good opportunities to advance

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Hi,
    I am in the top 20 OOM in batch 1.4 for Dublin, been called for clearance..
    For those doing clearance, did you fill out the forms online in google docs, or do they need to be printed off, signed and scanned over to PAS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Hi,
    For those doing clearance, did you fill out the forms online in google docs, or do they need to be printed off, signed and scanned over to PAS?
    I filled mine in on laptop, but haven't heard back yet. So I'll let you know if they come back and say it has to be printed

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Hi,

I got my clearance email on Friday(top 5 1.4). I filled out the form on Google docs online and downloaded a PDF copy. I emailed that back with my other documents. Got the acknowledgement later that afternoon.

PAS are sending a reference form for my current Dept. to complete. Do not know where I am being placed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

I sent them a word copy stupidly. Do you think that matters? I didnt get an acknowledgement email back, but I did get an email from garda vetting, so it means that the girl im dealing with in PAS got my email and sent my details onto vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

CP123 wrote: »
    I sent them a word copy stupidly. Do you think that matters? I didnt get an acknowledgement email back, but I did get an email from garda vetting, so it means that the girl im dealing with in PAS got my email and sent my details onto vetting

No, that wouldn't matter.

Sounds like you're well under way. Have not got my garda vetting link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

For those waiting to hear about clearance, I had just over 100 people ahead of me last Monday. Today, there's less than 50. We're moving pretty fast now!

For those waiting to hear about clearance, I had just over 100 people ahead of me last Monday. Today, there's less than 50. We're moving pretty fast now!

That’s pretty fast 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

How many batches are there currently for the Dublin panel after the last round of interviews? If they are moving quickly enough through clearance I wonder if they will call more to e-tray soon.

Those currently going through clearance were you in the first or second group of candidates called for e-tray?

natc wrote: »
    How many batches are there currently for the Dublin panel after the last round of interviews? If they are moving quickly enough through clearance I wonder if they will call more to e-tray soon.

Those currently going through clearance were you in the first or second group of candidates called for e-tray?

All are being called are from the first batch of etrays and batchwise I think it’ll be 1.7 once these results are out.

People who have interviewed recently, any idea when results are due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Polka Dottie

I interviewed nearly 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything.

I interviewed nearly 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything.

How do you think it went?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Polka Dottie

How do you think it went?

I did one last year and did terrible. This one went far better, IMO

I still don’t think I did great but I’m just hoping to better my score. I’ve gained a lot of experience in the last 6 months and I hope it came across.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

February E-tray results are out best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Oh No I haven't heard anything, not a good sign :-(

morrism wrote: »
    Oh No I haven't heard anything, not a good sign :-(

They usually let people know who failed first so there’s still time

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

They usually let people know who failed first so there’s still time

Oh really, fingers crossed so.... Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Did they give a new oom?

EO2019 wrote: »
    Did they give a new oom?

You’ll get your etray score but your OOM won’t change until after interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

You’ll get your etray score but your OOM won’t change until after interview.
    What’s the passing score and Does everyone who passes get called for interview?

Passing score was 409 for the first batch but could be different for the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

no new OOM just a zoom date in April thankfully

Advertisement