Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

Hi folks,

Where are the online test samples that we can practice with??

Follow the link. http://www.quickstart360.co.uk/runtesteo.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

MFPM wrote: »

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

anplaya27 wrote: »
    Link for pdf application doesnt seem to work

This is why I always recommend not leaving things to the last minute lol - Make sure you're not using Chrome or a mobile device and I hope you can get it done in the next hour or so mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

anplaya27 wrote: »
    Link for pdf application doesnt seem to work

Download it and don't try to open in a browser

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Application done. Good luck everyone.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    This is why I always recommend not leaving things to the last minute lol - Make sure you're not using Chrome or a mobile device and I hope you can get it done in the next hour or so mate!

Right click on the downloaded file and open with Adobe Reader.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

MFPM wrote: »
    Just keep practising, the numerical isn't taken into account so you just need to pass, try do as well as you can on the verbal reasoning to boost your OOM. They aren't easy and because they are timed it's tougher.

Are you saying that numerical is just pass or fail ? If you scrape a pass or get 100% it doesn't matter?

Verbal only counts for your Order of Merit?

What about the 3rd test, the situational one? Does that count towards your OOM or just pass or fail?

Where did you get this information by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Are you saying that numerical is just pass or fail ? If you scrape a pass or get 100% it doesn't matter?

Verbal only counts for your Order of Merit?

What about the 3rd test, the situational one? Does that count towards your OOM or just pass or fail?

Where did you get this information by the way?

Numerical is a pass/fail thing, only thing that matters is getting over the passing rate.
    Your order of merit is based on verbal and situational.

When the tests are released, it'll be in the information booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Stage 1- Online Test Link

A link to the actual online test will be sent to candidates’ Messageboards in advance of the test-taking window. It is anticipated that candidates will receive a link to their Stage 1 online test by 10th August 2020.If you do not receive communication to your message board by 10th August 2020 you should email Largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

Candidates who have not completed the online test before the deadline will be deemed to be no longer interested in this competition and their application will receive no further consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Kamu wrote: »
    Numerical is a pass/fail thing, only thing that matters is getting over the passing rate.
    Your order of merit is based on verbal and situational.

When the tests are released, it'll be in the information booklet.

Will you have to do all three tests without break ? Or can you do one one day, save it and another the next day ?

• Advertisement

Will you have to do all three tests without break ? Or can you do one one day, save it and another the next day ?

You can do each test separtately as long as all are completed before the deadline.

In saying that, as with EO 2019, i would imagine the next stage is just the assessment questionaire on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

You can do each test separtately as long as all are completed before the deadline.

In saying that, as with EO 2019, i would imagine the next stage is just the assessment questionaire on its own.

Fair enough, we'll know either way soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Clare122445

Stage 1- Online Test Link

A link to the actual online test will be sent to candidates’ Messageboards in advance of the test-taking window. It is anticipated that candidates will receive a link to their Stage 1 online test by 10th August 2020.If you do not receive communication to your message board by 10th August 2020 you should email Largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

Candidates who have not completed the online test before the deadline will be deemed to be no longer interested in this competition and their application will receive no further consideration.

Has there been any indication to when the deadline is. How long do you normally get to do them?
    Which tests are Stage 1 ?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Has there been any indication to when the deadline is. How long do you normally get to do them?

TIA

3 tests:

Numerical
    Verbal
    Situational

Roughly 30mins for each one

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

gestappo wrote: »
    Yes - Log into publicjobs and go to 'my applications', click on 'update' and you can edit it.

I ticked both also and didn't get to change it. Is that an issue?

3 tests:

Numerical
    Verbal
    Situational

Oh I got it into my head they were stage two and the scenarios & like me, not like me where next
    F***

thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 delishdoughnut

Is the assessment questionaire not the 3 tests ie. stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

3 tests:

Numerical
    Verbal
    Situational

This is not the way the most recent eo comp was done. Is situational not for CO?

Anyway last comp was questionaire stage 1.

Stage 2 they called groups of people based on location and oom in stage 1 for supervised tests. They had got rid of the online test because you had to verify these results being supervised anyway.

Stage 2 was verbal and numerical about 12 mins each.

Then you sat the E-tray on same day timed for 90 mins i think it was.

Stage 3 would then be interview depending on OOM from stage 2.

Whether that changes with Covid back to online I dont know but the above is wrong for how they run these. Online test would need to be verified with supervision. Its possible they will just do them with web cam. This can be monitored on the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Oh I got it into my head they were stage two and the scenarios & like me, not like me where next
    F***

thanks though

Stage 1: Scenario tests
    Stage 2: The numerical, reading comprehension yoke, and the 'e-tray' job simulation.
    Stage 3: Interview

Each stage will alter your order of merit but not change the batch you're in which will come from stage 1.

Thanks guys that's brilliant news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Stage 1: Scenario tests
    Stage 2: The numerical, reading comprehension yoke, and the 'e-tray' job simulation.
    Stage 3: Interview

Each stage will alter your order of merit but not change the batch you're in which will come from stage 1.

Damn the e-tray :( - and I'm not sure if there is any prep you can do for this or is there?

Damn the e-tray :( - and I'm not sure if there is any prep you can do for this or is there?

They give you a practice one before the assessment but it's nowhere near as long or as intense. IIRC you have to draft a letter, answer a few emails, take a couple of phone calls (text based) and do an activity. The activity will be quite complex and involve something like scheduling 20 meetings based on the initial instructions and changing situation based on the phone calls and emails.

As daunting as it sounds, perfection is not the pass-mark. Pressing submit though, that's the trick which some people forget :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

Can you change your location preferences after submission?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

Can you change your location preferences after submission?

No, once the closing date and time has passed, that's it, no changes possible.

TIA

The deadline is the 17 Aug and I think its just the Assessment Questionaire for Stage 1.

In EO 2019 the Verbal and Numerical reasoning was stage 2.

Is the assessment questionaire not the 3 tests ie. stage 1?

No the AQ is the personality and situational judgement test.

I think Verbal and Numerical Reasoning are stage 2.

Sligo198r wrote: »
    I ticked both also and didn't get to change it. Is that an issue?

I would suggest you email them.

Its would be fine until interview but if you get called for interview on the interdepartment panel and your not eligible it may cause problems for you.

As I was doing the same in the CO thread here's the salary scale.

30,278 – 32,036 – 33,028 – 34,965 – 36,702 – 38,380 – 40,053 – 41,691 – 43,346 – 44,954 – 46,614 – 47,712 – LSI 1 49,274 – LSI 2 50,834

LSI 1 is after three years at the maximum, three years after that sees LSI 2.

You can add 2% to the above from 1st September.

You MAY skip points 4 and 8 but I'm not 100% sure on the eligibility of that. Payday is fortnightly on a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

As I was doing the same in the CO thread here's the salary scale.

30,278 – 32,036 – 33,028 – 34,965 – 36,702 – 38,380 – 40,053 – 41,691 – 43,346 – 44,954 – 46,614 – 47,712 – LSI 1 49,274 – LSI 2 50,834

LSI 1 is after three years at the maximum, three years after that sees LSI 2.

You can add 2% to the above from 1st September.

You MAY skip points 4 and 8 but I'm not 100% sure on the eligibility of that. Payday is fortnightly on a Thursday.

Do you know what the pension contribution is?

• Advertisement

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Do you know what the pension contribution is?

I *THINK* it's about €35 a fortnight.

Edit: It's a little over €40 a fortnight at point 1 on the scale.

Edit: YMMV but you come out with about €875 net per fortnight.

Advertisement