Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    What do you reckon guys? E-tray results for the February e-tray for Dublin this Friday? I’m so anxious. Waiting is the worst part.

Yeah I think Friday evening around 7.30pm! I hope so anyway, I just want to know at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Hi, just wondering has anyone been waiting a long time to be placed after clearance?

Recieved an email stating what dept I've been assigned to on the 12th of March and have heard nothing since - anyone in the same boat?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

facade wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering has anyone been waiting a long time to be placed after clearance?

Recieved an email stating what dept I've been assigned to on the 12th of March and have heard nothing since - anyone in the same boat?

Thanks

Congrats! I'd get in touch with the HR of that dept and arrange things yourself.

If you don't mind me asking, which dept did you get assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

facade wrote: »

Thanks
    When I was initially assigned to revenue my email and phone call came in June but placement didn't start until September. They allowed for me to give notice at my previous job which was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

What do you reckon guys? E-tray results for the February e-tray for Dublin this Friday? I’m so anxious. Waiting is the worst part.

I'm hoping for Friday too-it'll be 5 weeks on Thursday since closing date. It's head wrecking, this is the most drawn out competition I've even done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

gestappo wrote: »
    Congrats! I'd get in touch with the HR of that dept and arrange things yourself.

If you don't mind me asking, which dept did you get assigned to?

Congrats as well. I agree, get in touch with HR. Was there a Dept. email contact on the message on your public jobs?

I'm in 1.4 and have been assigned. I do not know what role yet but I'm staying within my Dept. My HR will have an update for me soon.

blondie007 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Friday too-it'll be 5 weeks on Thursday since closing date. It's head wrecking, this is the most drawn out competition I've even done.

I agree, it's taking really long. Compared to this internal panel I'm on seems to be flying

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

I did email the address public jobs gave me for my new department (the section mailbox), but still waiting to hear back.

I feel better after hearing about the 3 month lead time for revenue..... think I'll just have to put my patient pants on.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Congrats as well. I agree, get in touch with HR. Was there a Dept. email contact on the message on your public jobs?

I'm in 1.4 and have been assigned. I do not know what role yet but I'm staying within my Dept. My HR will have an update for me soon.

It’s great to hear people in 1.4 are assigned. Gives me hope (if I ever get the damn e-tray results LOL.)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

It’s great to hear people in 1.4 are assigned. Gives me hope (if I ever get the damn e-tray results LOL.)

That's interdepartmental I think. I'm batch 1.3 and I haven't been assigned. Still going through clearance.

• Advertisement

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    That's interdepartmental I think. I'm batch 1.3 and I haven't been assigned. Still going through clearance.

I do think it's interd as well. Some are staying in their departments which means it can move that bit faster than open and clearance isn't as extensive

I'm in the open competition only. Haven't been in the civil service long enough to go through interdepartmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

I was batch 1.1 OOM 7 in the open stream and only got my assignment on Friday!!!! Absolute joke. They are keeping me in my current department, just waiting on HR to tell me where and when.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Is anyone in 1.3 still in the clearance process? I saw that some people in 1.4 have been appointed already and I'm in 1.3 and haven't even passed clearance. I'm a bit worried that something is wrong with my clearance and causing the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

CP123 wrote: »
    Is anyone in 1.3 still in the clearance process? I saw that some people in 1.4 have been appointed already and I'm in 1.3 and haven't even passed clearance. I'm a bit worried that something is wrong with my clearance and causing the delay

Hey CP. I'm batch 1.3 and only got the clearance email last Thursday. So it will be at least a week or 2 before my Garda vetting and references are done and an appointment can be assigned. Even then it will take much longer going by what Amie above has just said.

I presume the reason that Hungry Seagull got appointed is that he/she is a currently serving civil servant so the clearance process is quicker as they would have had to provide references and vetting to get in before as a CO or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

11amie11 wrote: »
    I was batch 1.1 OOM 7 in the open stream and only got my assignment on Friday!!!! Absolute joke. They are keeping me in my current department, just waiting on HR to tell me where and when.

Why is it a joke?

Hey CP. I'm batch 1.3 and only got the clearance email last Thursday. So it will be at least a week or 2 before my Garda vetting and references are done and an appointment can be assigned. Even then it will take much longer going by what Amie above has just said.

I presume the reason that Hungry Seagull got appointed is that he/she is a currently serving civil servant so the clearance process is quicker as they would have had to provide references and vetting to get in before as a CO or whatever.

I am a current serving civil servant and was waiting 7 weeks for my clearance to be approved. All i had to send in was a reference and qualification and this is how long it took. I had awful trouble with the girl dealing with my case had to get a manager involved and everything. She was telling me lies about contacting my reference and all.

I joined less than a year ago and Garda vetting was done then. I did have to supply all my documents and have a reference check but I guess as it was internal it has gone through a bit quicker.

Why is it a joke?

I am already a serving civil servant and all I had to send in was a reference and qualification and it took 7 weeks, i had to get a maanger involved. The girl dealing with my case was not very professional at all, told me she was waiting on my ref for a few weeks and this is why it took so long. I contacted my ref and she had not even contacted them

I am already a serving civil servant and all I had to send in was a reference and qualification and it took 7 weeks, i had to get a maanger involved. The girl dealing with my case was not very professional at all, told me she was waiting on my ref for a few weeks and this is why it took so long. I contacted my ref and she had not even contacted them

Okay grand. so it was an awful individual staff member in PAS and not the process that you have a problem with. That being said, that's an absolute dose of a situation.

• Advertisement

Why is it a joke?
    Okay grand. so it was an awful individual staff member in PAS and not the process that you have a problem with. That being said, that's an absolute dose of a situation.

Oh yep that is it exactly. Nothing to do with the process, just the individual dealing with me. Even the manager I wrote to took a week and a half to deal with or even acknowledge my complaint and when I replied to her email I got absolutely no response, still waiting on one. Thankfully I have finally been assigned though so can stop stressing, just jope it does not happen to anyone else!

Oh yep that is it exactly. Nothing to do with the process, just the individual dealing with me. Even the manager I wrote to took a week and a half to deal with or even acknowledge my complaint and when I replied to her email I got absolutely no response, still waiting on one. Thankfully I have finally been assigned though so can stop stressing, just jope it does not happen to anyone else!

Yeah that's absolutely poxy. I absolutely hate that. I'm ex-PS and I was surrounded by those people. I dread my posting beings somewhere surrounded by those again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Erialc5

I think there should be more transparency with regard to panels. PAS seem to be able to pull from whichever panel that suits them which is very unfair on the applicant waiting patiently to be called. I know they say they "pay back" to panels but that might mean someone missing out if a panel expires. How can this be allowed? Also going by the number of people that are contacting them there must be a huge amount of time spent replying to queries, if the panels are available to view (by order of merit) this would eliminate the time spent replying to people and it would shorten the wait time for appointing people.
    Sorry rant over 🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

What is the chances that PAS pull a typically PAS move and wait until late on Thursday evening next week before the Bank Holiday Weekend to issue the results of the February E- trays

What is the chances that PAS pull a typically PAS move and wait until late on Thursday evening next week before the Bank Holiday Weekend to issue the results of the February E- trays

Well, I got a survey email from PAS last Thursday evening so I would be expecting the interview and e-tray results tomorrow or next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Well, I got a survey email from PAS last Thursday evening so I would be expecting the interview and e-tray results tomorrow or next Thursday.

I nearly threw my laptop out the window when I opened that survey email. Such an anticlimax.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

So anyone who has interviewed should be expecting this survey email?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I nearly threw my laptop out the window when I opened that survey email. Such an anticlimax.

I've learned the hard way to just assume a survey unless otherwise informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saz1984

Hi does anyone know what number the OOM is up to yet on this competition from the stage 1 results on the open stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Saz1984 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what number the OOM is up to yet on this competition from the stage 1 results on the open stream?

Depends on the county, if you email them they will tell you what score they have called upto. Both my counties have called upto 120 and I'm 119 :(

Advertisement