Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ck97

I got my interview results today, batch 1.6. Any ideas how many are in each batch?

Congrats! I got my interview results today also, how can I check what batch I’m in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ck97 wrote: »
    Congrats! I got my interview results today also, how can I check what batch I’m in?

You're in 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amsmith1984

I also received result today. In batch 1.6. Inter D. Delighted passing my first attempt of promotion after 17 years in the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

Congrats to everyone who passed the interview!

I was told yesterday I'm under consideration for the Department of Justice (Batch 1.4, OOM in the 30s). All happened much more quickly than expected, to be honest more quickly than hoped!

The reason is that I just started in AGS last week as a CO. This was after finally getting away from another Public Service job I'd been in for two years, one which I did not enjoy. I had hoped I'd get to experience a little bit more in the new role before this arose, but still obviously delighted to potentially be offered this step up.

The e-mail from PAS asked me for vetting details etc., requesting I fill in a few forms which require my signature. Does anyone know if these can be completed electronically? I don't have access to a printer/scanner.

Also, one of the requirements was "proof of qualification". I'm assuming this means proof of the educational qualifications mentioned in my application. Would this literally be copies of the degrees/scrolls? They're a bit large, and they're also in a different county from me at the moment...

The three working days they gave me to provide these seems a bit short, especially considering I didn't get an answer to these queries when I responded to the e-mail yesterday... :(

Also, maybe someone more in-the-know than me could advise... as I said, I'm now in AGS, which as far as I'm aware is an agency of DoJ. I presume though when they say I'm under consideration for DoJ, they mean the main Department rather than one of the agencies? As in there's hardly any chance they'll offer me EO in AGS after all this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

AGS is keen to hang on to their staff because the vetting is so long. You might approach your HEO/AP/Super and explain the situation, they may try and find you a slot as an EO. The issues would be i) if you stay put you might be treated more like a CO ii) you're only just in the door. The good news is you're unlikely to need to go through the enhanced vetting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

AGS is not a nice place it work. I've 18 years service and had a horrific 4 years there. If they offer me AGS I'd tell them to keep the job. I'd rather be a CO forever then work there again.

quote="oriain17;116709148"]

I know people who work in AGS and they love it so I guess it depends on your experience! I have a family member who is a co with them in headquarters in the Phoenix Park and he loves it and I know another in a Garda station on the north side and she only ever says good things

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

EO2020 wrote: »
    AGS is not a nice place it work. I've 18 years service and had a horrific 4 years there. If they offer me AGS I'd tell them to keep the job. I'd rather be a CO forever then work there again.

quote="oriain17;116709148"]

I know people who work in AGS and they love it so I guess it depends on your experience! I have a family member who is a co with them in headquarters in the Phoenix Park and he loves it and I know another in a Garda station on the north side and she only ever says good things

7 years in Garda HQ was it was horrific. Females are treated like **** and my Sergeant consistently bullied me and the Chief Superintendent covered it up. The fact I had proof and went to Civilian HR is the only thing that saved me. Employee Assistance told me that I’m only a CO and that I should not jeopardise a garda’s career and the union wouldn’t touch my case cos I was going up against two guards. 7 long years. 3 different sections. It was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tebazil

My friend in batch 1.2 / OPEN / OOM <15 was offered the Department of Education & Skills on Friday. All the paperwork was submitted quickly but after a week or so, the PAS got in touch by email to ask for the reference contact details again, but then found them when they were told they were already submitted. A further delay was caused when one of the referees didn't realise that the PAS email went into his spam folder. So tell your referees to check their spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

EO2020 wrote: »

7 years in Garda HQ was it was horrific. Females are treated like **** and my Sergeant consistently bullied me and the Chief Superintendent covered it up. The fact I had proof and went to Civilian HR is the only thing that saved me. Employee Assistance told me that I’m only a CO and that I should not jeopardise a garda’s career and the union wouldn’t touch my case cos I was going up against two guards. 7 long years. 3 different sections. It was a nightmare.

Sorry to hear of your horrible experience.

I'm nearly two years in AGS and I can't wait move when I'm eligible.

Put down a horrendous first year being bullied by a Sgt and EO. Where I am, CO'S and civilians in general are treated like second class citizens.

There is a total blame culture too, training is horrendously absent but they are very quick to point the finger and land you in it.

I know others have had a more positive experience and I really hope anyone else starting doesn't have the hard time I have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Samsgirl wrote: »

Sorry to hear of your horrible experience.

I'm nearly two years in AGS and I can't wait move when I'm eligible.

Put down a horrendous first year being bullied by a Sgt and EO. Where I am, CO'S and civilians in general are treated like second class citizens.

There is a total blame culture too, training is horrendously absent but they are very quick to point the finger and land you in it.

I know others have had a more positive experience and I really hope anyone else starting doesn't have the hard time I have had.

Yup I 100% agree with everything you’ve said. It’s literally living a never ending nightmare. Civilians are rewarded for basically stabbing each other in the backs.

Are you based in Hq?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Seen a couple of people get out of HQ right enough. They didn't make a comment on their experience there. My experience from people in the Bureaus and stations has been positive but I have heard through the grapevine of one station where things weren't quite as rosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Yup I 100% agree with everything you’ve said. It’s literally living a never ending nightmare. Civilians are rewarded for basically stabbing each other in the backs.

Are you based in Hq?

I'm not based in Dublin at all. I spoke with an EAP lady and she was a civilian and really helpful.

Said to me that it's across the board with AGS re training and basically not being treated as an equal by some of the members. They don't see it as our place of work at all, it's theirs and they tolerate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I'm not based in Dublin at all. I spoke with an EAP lady and she was a civilian and really helpful.

Said to me that it's across the board with AGS re training and basically not being treated as an equal by some of the members. They don't see it as our place of work at all, it's theirs and they tolerate us.

I think a lot of that is down to older members having lost "handy numbers" in stations doing admin duties and harbouring resentment towards civilian staff. Being forced out to actual police work over in an office dealing with paperwork, evidence, firearms licencing whatever created resentment towards replacement staff. My own role is a former Garda role that was civilianised. We experienced similar issues initially!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Does anyone know what number they have called up to for etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

I had received very similar stories from civilians in AGS and for that reason I turned down the placement...not worth the risk in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

I'm placed in the top 10 of Batch 1.6, any idea how many are in each batch? or when batch 1.6 might be reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

SheevPalps wrote: »
    I'm placed in the top 10 of Batch 1.6, any idea how many are in each batch? or when batch 1.6 might be reached?

Hey I'm OOM 1 on 1.6 and PAS just informed me there's approx 39 people ahead of me on the panel. No idea how fast or how slow that'll move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    Hey I'm OOM 1 on 1.6 and PAS just informed me there's approx 39 people ahead of me on the panel. No idea how fast or how slow that'll move :)

That’s a fantastic result and to think you came so close from being removed from the competition 😮

Em_Caramel wrote: »

Thanks! Hopefully we hear something pretty soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

gestappo wrote: »
    That’s a fantastic result and to think you came so close from being removed from the competition 😮

Stop, I know! My confirmation of attendance had gone into their spam folder, it's the scares like that that can drive you sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Did anyone get an email from PAS outlining an error in their E-Tray score?

mmerton365 wrote: »

Yea just now.

So far I’ve received 3 different etray scores 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ohbeeone

Yep just got a message there, 3 different scores for me too, crazy!!

Literally just got the same. I went down on my second score, and back up now. Heart skips a beat every damn time they email me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

mmerton365 wrote: »

That message near gave me a heart attack, I thought it was going the way of "Sorryyyy, your score was far lower than we thought and you never should've been interviewed, you're off the panel."

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Literally just got the same. I went down on my second score, and back up now. Heart skips a beat every damn time they email me.

I was expecting the survey link so this was a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Yea just now.

So far I’ve received 3 different etray scores 🙄

Yup just now.

First time I was under 500 but it was someone else's score. Next time I was a good 70 points higher as 'my' score.

Now I find out I actually got mid 600s and I should have been in the very first batch called for interview - Me nerves reading that message!!

Doesn't matter now I guess.

What would happen if someone was interviewed and confirmed OOM on a batch and then find out their etray score was below the qualifying score?

• Advertisement

What would happen if someone was interviewed and confirmed OOM on a batch and then find out their etray score was below the qualifying score?

Not sure, I got a generic, "you met qualifying score and have already be interviewed so this is just for your own records" type thing.

It would be horrible to be removed from the panel after the fact.

Advertisement