Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Open stream batch 1.5 mid teens.

Got my clearance email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oceanadecola

Does anyone know what number they have reached for the Dublin panel for invite to E-tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Does anyone know what number they have reached for the Dublin panel for invite to E-tray?

I was OOM 300 but I'm not sure if they went by OOM or points you received in total. I got 123

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

They invited anyone with a score of 119 or higher to e-tray in Dublin. I’m just a couple of points below that so I assume they haven’t called any further than that as I would have been called then.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Open stream batch 1.5 mid teens.

Got my clearance email today.

I got that e-mail today and the attachments. Theres nothing on my attachments
    about giving names of references & proof of qualifications. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

hillbloom wrote: »
    I got that e-mail today and the attachments. Theres nothing on my attachments
    about giving names of references & proof of qualifications. Am I missing something?

You have to include them in the email back to them. The references should cover the last 3 years. It should mention it in the email text as opposed to in the attachments.

My vetting and reference checks are done. Any idea on how long it takes to get the Department/appointment email?

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    You have to include them in the email back to them. The references should cover the last 3 years. It should mention it in the email text as opposed to in the attachments.
    Thank you. I noticed that since! Did we give the employers e-mail address already? I cant remember. I am in the same job for the past 5 years. Do they notify the candidate before contacting the employer for the reference. Sorry for all the questions.

hillbloom wrote: »
    Thank you. I noticed that since! Did we give the employers e-mail address already? I cant remember. I am in the same job for the past 5 years. Do they notify the candidate before contacting the employer for the reference. Sorry for all the questions.

You have to list:

a. the person's name AND role
    b. Name of organisation
    c. their work email address (personal won't do)

Mention that you are still there in case they don't realise it. And maybe organise a time to tell your boss before they are contacted for the reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Did anyone get a message that they were assigned to a department that had extra levels of security clearance?
    And would there be anyway to tell what department that is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Treetirty wrote: »
    Did anyone get a message that they were assigned to a department that had extra levels of security clearance?

Revenue or Justice I'd imagine, just a guess though

Yes that is on mine."due to the sensitive nature of the information handled by employees in this department" Maybe that is standard on all clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There's likely to be a large number of EO posts opening in the guards as they are currently recruiting for HEO's internally. Extra security clearance could mean AGS, then again...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

There's likely to be a large number of EO posts opening in the guards as they are currently recruiting for HEO's internally. Extra security clearance could mean AGS, then again...

Ah feck, from the posts on here that's the one I was hoping to avoid.

Here's to hoping it's Justice or Revenue!

MonikaB wrote: »
    I was OOM 300 but I'm not sure if they went by OOM or points you received in total. I got 123

Thank you! When you say a score of 123 is that for verbal, numerical & Questionnaire or just the total score provided verbal & questionnaire?

For example: 50 (verbal) 50 (numerical) 50 (questionnaire) = 150

Or

50 verbal + 50 questionnaire = 100 total score?

I ask cause I notice on the email the numerical isn’t included when they provide you with the “total score” on my results anyways!

natc wrote: »
    They invited anyone with a score of 119 or higher to e-tray in Dublin. I’m just a couple of points below that so I assume they haven’t called any further than that as I would have been called then.

Thank you! When you say a score of 123 is that for verbal, numerical & Questionnaire or just the total score provided verbal & questionnaire?

Or

I ask cause I notice on the email the numerical isn’t included when they provide you with the “total score” on my results anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

As a matter of interest, why are you hoping to avoid AGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Spore wrote: »

There are a few posts a couple of pages back where people have posted about working in AGS.

Anyone know how many people have been invited to e-tray on the Kildare panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Or

It's my total score for verbal and questionnaire. I was quite surprised they didn't include the numerical score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

MonikaB wrote: »
    It's my total score for verbal and questionnaire. I was quite surprised they didn't include the numerical score.

Pretty sure it said in the familiarisation that the numerical is just pass or fail and isn’t added to your total score.

Spore wrote: »

While there are some negative reports I and a number of people I know loved / love working for AGS. All depends on where you end up as will a lot of postings in various departments. Not that I'm dismissing other people's experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

While there are some negative reports I and a number of people I know loved / love working for AGS. All depends on where you end up as will a lot of postings in various departments. Not that I'm dismissing other people's experiences.

I’m in AGS and happy there, I would definitely want to stay on promotion. It probably is a bit behind other departments in some respects like training and PMDS and you do have to navigate the two streams of Garda members and staff. Up to a couple of years ago Civil Servants in AGS were mostly at CO level with very few promotion prospects, this has definitely changed and now is a great time to come in imo.

Samjd wrote: »
    I’m in AGS and happy there, I would definitely want to stay on promotion. It probably is a bit behind other departments in some respects like training and PMDS and you do have to navigate the two streams of Garda members and staff. Up to a couple of years ago Civil Servants in AGS were mostly at CO level with very few promotion prospects, this has definitely changed and now is a great time to come in imo.

This 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Posted this in the co thread but if anyone here has an idea I’d appreciate any info...

Hi all,

A bit of an odd question but does anyone know what kind of facilities are available for staff in AGS headquarters in Phoenix park?

I have the option to transfer in there and am currently weighing up all factors. Obviously not a deal breaker but my current location has shower facilities which are great for getting up driving straight in and getting ready in there, or for after going on a run at lunchtime. Is there anything like that in there?...or staff canteen etc?

08122019 wrote: »
    Posted this in the co thread but if anyone here has an idea I’d appreciate any info...

Hi all,

A bit of an odd question but does anyone know what kind of facilities are available for staff in AGS headquarters in Phoenix park?

I have the option to transfer in there and am currently weighing up all factors. Obviously not a deal breaker but my current location has shower facilities which are great for getting up driving straight in and getting ready in there, or for after going on a run at lunchtime. Is there anything like that in there?...or staff canteen etc?

Canteen is pretty big and the food isn't bad but I found it expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I worked there for quite a while as said it has a good size canteen but I wasn’t a fan of the lunches, breakfast was good! Cannot go wrong there.

Shower facilities in the gym and also on my floor in the tech bureau

Samuel T. Cogley do you mind me asking how long you’ve been there? Also what section? I’m curious to know if it has changed much since I left.

I worked there for quite a while as said it has a good size canteen but I wasn’t a fan of the lunches, breakfast was good! Cannot go wrong there.

Shower facilities in the gym and also on my floor in the tech bureau

Samuel T. Cogley do you mind me asking how long you’ve been there? Also what section? I’m curious to know if it has changed much since I left.

I was only ever there for training and such, was based at the 'other headquarters' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

08122019 wrote: »

Hi all,

Feel free to pm any questions you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Feel free to pm any questions you have

Hey Nothdubgal do you mind if I pm you also? Recently got an offer of working in AGS civilian, thanks

Advertisement