Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Spore wrote: »
    Hey Nothdubgal do you mind if I pm you also? Recently got an offer of working in AGS civilian, thanks

Yea no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

Did you have any luck on this, I’m 113 in score in both and haven’t heard a thing from them??
    laoisgem wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about Laois & Offaly Etray, I emailed them today and I've been told they've called up to, total score of 126 in Laois and total score 122 in Offaly. Total score not to be confused with OOM.

I've emailed them back because I'm within that total score and haven't been invited to Etray yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

maggie23 wrote: »
    Did you have any luck on this, I’m 113 in score in both and haven’t heard a thing from them??

What this means is that they've called anyone with a total score of 126 or over in one county & total score of 122 or over in the other. Anyone with a lower score than those will be called to etray later on in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 footiemom45

Hi I'm newbie here. Just wondering if anyone has been called for etrayfrom Roscommon or westmeath panels. If yes what number. Trying to see where they are at..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Hey, just wondering what email address people on a panel to be placed were reaching out to with queries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering what email address people on a panel to be placed were reaching out to with queries?

Contact PAS on LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie & quote EO 2020 in the subject line.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Anyone made any progress with security clearance?

I'm expecting a long wait as I've been provisionally posted to the Policing Authority and have spent four of the past five years living in China...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Revenue or Justice I'd imagine, just a guess though

Revenue use standard clearance as far as I know. Customs may need advanced clearance, but they dont take EO from open competitions for those posts

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

delricyo wrote: »
    Revenue use standard clearance as far as I know. Customs may need advanced clearance, but they dont take EO from open competitions for those

You are correct, competitions for EO in customs are specifically announced as such because they are allowance posts. We had a huge drive for Trade facilitation but not as many custom from the open strain, most were promoted internally

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Anyone any word in internal Revenue EO results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Anyone any word in internal Revenue EO results?

Normally two weeks before results are out (taking into account Easter) so probably end of this week or early next week (12th).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Anyone made any progress with security clearance?

I'm expecting a long wait as I've been provisionally posted to the Policing Authority and have spent four of the past five years living in China...

I'm in the same, or quite similar, boat as you :)

I also just came back from China after several years last July. Did you get your Chinese criminal background check before you left? Is that required?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    I'm in the same, or quite similar, boat as you :)

I also just came back from China after several years last July. Did you get your Chinese criminal background check before you left? Is that required?

Glad to hear of someone else with similar circs to mine :)

Yes I got my criminal background check but as ever with these things in China the final document was in the form of a notarial certificate. So doesn't look very official. I've sent it off to the vetting team and waiting to hear back. Did you get yours?

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Glad to hear of someone else with similar circs to mine :)

Yes I got my criminal background check but as ever with these things in China the final document was in the form of a notarial certificate. So doesn't look very official. I've sent it off to the vetting team and waiting to hear back. Did you get yours?

I know! I was in Guangzhou for 5 years and close to Shanghai for the last year.

No I didn't get it, I wasn't sure leaving if I was going to go back, and it's pretty impossible from outside China. It's a bit of a worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

I know! I was in Guangzhou for 5 years and close to Shanghai for the last year.

No I didn't get it, I wasn't sure leaving if I was going to go back, and it's pretty impossible from outside China. It's a bit of a worry!

Have you tried the Chinese embassy? The South Korean embassy in Dublin provide police vetting for those who lived in SK previously. It took about 2 weeks.

Normally two weeks before results are out (taking into account Easter) so probably end of this week or early next week (12th).

Weren't the interviews still going ahead this week? I was under the impression this Friday was the last day for the internal competition interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

MonikaB wrote: »
    Weren't the interviews still going ahead this week? I was under the impression this Friday was the last day for the internal competition interviews

Not 100%. I heard last interview was on the 31st of March, again not sure, possible they are still ongoing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harrb

HI Does anyone know when another batch will be called to etray for dublin? I am placed about 1000 and last I heard it has been on 994 for a good while! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

Yea no problem!

Hey in the same position as this guy - could I also drop you a pm?

harrb wrote: »
    HI Does anyone know when another batch will be called to etray for dublin? I am placed about 1000 and last I heard it has been on 994 for a good while! Thanks!

We are due our results mid April so my guess would be that's when they will call the next batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

MonikaB wrote: »
    We are due our results mid April so my guess would be that's when they will call the next batch

They say mid-April but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the last Friday of the month given the speed they usually go at.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

lukemeany wrote: »
    Hey in the same position as this guy - could I also drop you a pm?

Of course, no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Hi I'm newbie here. Just wondering if anyone has been called for etrayfrom Roscommon or westmeath panels. If yes what number. Trying to see where they are at..Thanks

They have called up to score 120 to etray for westmeath. I'm 119 :(

Just got my clearance there, panel 1.6 - do we need to print and scan or can we fill out in word and submit electronically does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Just got my clearance there, panel 1.6 - do we need to print and scan or can we fill out in word and submit electronically does anyone know?

Your number 1 OOM yea?

I remember people on here saying they filled it out electronically and emailed back.

gestappo wrote: »
    Your number 1 OOM yea?

I remember people on here saying they filled it out electronically and emailed back.

Yep!

It's AGS so feeling a bit deflated about the long clearance time, and what people were saying in here. But in fairness, it does sound interesting. Just hope no Sargent's try to bully me!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Yep!

It's AGS so feeling a bit deflated about the long clearance time, and what people were saying in here. But in fairness, it does sound interesting. Just hope no Sargent's try to bully me!

Hopefully it’ll fly through and you’ll be assigned your location!

I wonder how many others have been assigned to AGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Was it was mentioned in the request for your documents that you would be assigned to AGS? I submitted my clearance docs last week and was told I'd be informed of my placement when they're processed.

KRedzer wrote: »
    Was it was mentioned in the request for your documents that you would be assigned to AGS? I submitted my clearance docs last week and was told I'd be informed of my placement when they're processed.

Not in the initial email, but it was followed a while after by two other emails that outlined it was the vetting process for AGS. I'm actually in work at the moment, so I'll have to read it all properly later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Hi, I got called to clearance nearly 3 weeks ago now and only had to do standard garda vetting and supply my documents. I am in the top 10 OOM for Panel 1.4.

I have heard nothing back since, except an email confirming I'm in the final stages of clearance... is it safe to assume I have not been assigned to any department requiring extra clearance such as AGS?

I won't be told my dept until post-clearance according to the emails.

Advertisement