Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Hi, I got called to clearance nearly 3 weeks ago now and only had to do standard garda vetting and supply my documents. I am in the top 10 OOM for Panel 1.4.

I have heard nothing back since, except an email confirming I'm in the final stages of clearance... is it safe to assume I have not been assigned to any department requiring extra clearance such as AGS?

I won't be told my dept until post-clearance according to the emails.

Yes if you’re called for AGS they state it clearly and there’s extra clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    Yep!

It's AGS so feeling a bit deflated about the long clearance time, and what people were saying in here. But in fairness, it does sound interesting. Just hope no Sargent's try to bully me!

Loved every minute of my time in AGS (as Garda Staff).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bellemcnally

jules86 wrote: »
    They have called up to score 120 to etray for westmeath. I'm 119 :(

I’m oom mid 50’s for westmeath and havnt been called yet? Where did u see they have called 120 for etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I’m oom mid 50’s for westmeath and havnt been called yet? Where did u see they have called 120 for etray?

It's score of 120, not OOM 120

• Registered Users Posts: 12 footiemom45

jules86 wrote: »
    They have called up to score 120 to etray for westmeath. I'm 119 :(

Thanks I must check my score. I haven't heard anything from anyone and I knew s good few that applied..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

Does anyone know if you can turn down a placement offer and remain on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Does anyone know if you can turn down a placement offer and remain on the panel?

Not unless it's over 45kms

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

Can you let me know where this is specified?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

lukemeany wrote: »
    Can you let me know where this is specified?

Its actually a rule for redeployment of existing civil servants but I believe its applied to new entrants also. As for where being off the panel if you turn down a job it's in the info booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Got assigned this morning to the Dept. of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine. Has anyone any experience there, or knows anyone there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

laoisgem wrote: »
    Not unless it's over 45kms

Pretty sure this only applies to outside of Dublin on the regional panels

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

KRedzer wrote: »
    Got assigned this morning to the Dept. of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine. Has anyone any experience there, or knows anyone there?

I've worked as a contractor in Ag House for CAP and it's fairly typical CS sort of place. Canteen is too small and a bit crap. Direct access into Leinster House there so constant streams of TDs and SPADs about the place.

Best of luck with your new role.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

KRedzer wrote: »

Congrats! How are you feeling about the assignment?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    Yep!

It's AGS so feeling a bit deflated about the long clearance time, and what people were saying in here. But in fairness, it does sound interesting. Just hope no Sargent's try to bully me!

I’m batch 1.1 called for clearance early March and still waiting. They have said 12-16 weeks so it seems it’s a long wait for AGS. Anyway hope it all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi any movement on Clare panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

Seesee wrote: »
    I’m batch 1.1 called for clearance early March and still waiting. They have said 12-16 weeks so it seems it’s a long wait for AGS. Anyway hope it all goes well!

Oh really, I was thinking it was UPTO 10, haha!

So you're about 6 weeks in, hopefully you hear soon. Let me know if you get any updates :)

How is everyone doing? What batch are they clearing at the moment anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Not putting my hopes up, but for those who had e tray the 18th February, do you recon we might get results this Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

MonikaB wrote: »
    Not putting my hopes up, but for those who had e tray the 18th February, do you recon we might get results this Friday?

God, I feel for your batch - it is dragging on due to the e-tray error that occurred in my batch. Pushing 8 weeks and no result yet.

God, I feel for your batch - it is dragging on due to the e-tray error that occurred in my batch. Pushing 8 weeks and no result yet.

It feels like forever since we completed it and I had done my one the day i received the link. I understand errors, but this competition is dragging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 kiki smiling

Im on Clare panel for open and haven't heard anything as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭blondie007

I really hope so, this waiting is unbearable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

gestappo wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? What batch are they clearing at the moment anyone know?

I'm mid teens batch 1.5. Started clearance about ten days ago. Vetting has been submitted since Wednesday. No mention of me going to AGS so hopefully I hear something back in the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Regarding the Executive Officer salary scale, I have read elsewhere that points 4 and 8 on the scale are skipped as part of an agreement a few years ago.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm mid teens batch 1.5. Started clearance about ten days ago. Vetting has been submitted since Wednesday. No mention of me going to AGS so hopefully I hear something back in the next couple of days

That’s brilliant. Have your references been contacted as yet do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

gestappo wrote: »
    That’s brilliant. Have your references been contacted as yet do you know?

Not that I know of. Will probably reach out to the guy handling my clearance tomorrow or Wednesday if I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Regarding the Executive Officer salary scale, I have read elsewhere that points 4 and 8 on the scale are skipped as part of an agreement a few years ago.

Can anyone confirm this?

That is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

I don't know why but I think we will get our results from 18th February e-tray on the last Friday in April, its a Bank Holiday weekend so that's their style!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

mdwexford wrote: »
    That is correct.

Thanks MD!

• Advertisement

morrism wrote: »
    I don't know why but I think we will get our results from 18th February e-tray on the last Friday in April, its a Bank Holiday weekend so that's their style!!!

True, they did say mid April but it wasn't supposed to take that long anyways. And if they do send it late before Bank Holiday we can't call them Monday complaining if something is wrong.
    I just wish my internal result was already announced if i had gotten it from that one I might not have to worry about the interdepartmental

Advertisement