Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

morrism wrote: »
    I don't know why but I think we will get our results from 18th February e-tray on the last Friday in April, its a Bank Holiday weekend so that's their style!!!

Really hope it doesn't go that long-that'll make it 10 weeks waiting which is a shambles. I'm hoping they're endeavoring to have them out before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

MonikaB wrote: »
    True, they did say mid April but it wasn't supposed to take that long anyways. And if they do send it late before Bank Holiday we can't call them Monday complaining if something is wrong.
    I just wish my internal result was already announced if i had gotten it from that one I might not have to worry about the interdepartmental
    When they came back to me they said "mid to late April"..... Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

When they came back to me they said "mid to late April"..... Disaster

Was that for the internal EO or for this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

It's for this one, that's what i got in the email as well. Due to unforseen circumstances...
    Haven't heard about the internal but fingers crossed this week

This competition :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

Did an interview for Sligo from the 2019 competition yesterday results this morning. 1 inter D (buzzing).. does anyone know if there are any positions positions currently in Sligo available as I don't believe this panel will last much longer, maybe 2 months until results from E-tray and interviews done for 2020 competition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Did an interview for Sligo from the 2019 competition yesterday results this morning. 1 inter D (buzzing).. does anyone know if there are any positions positions currently in Sligo available as I don't believe this panel will last much longer, maybe 2 months until results from E-tray and interviews done for 2020 competition
    I'd be very surprised if they interviewed you if there were no positions. I bet you'll hear before the end of April.

Liamario wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they interviewed you if there were no positions. I bet you'll hear before the end of April.

Yeah I would agree, unlikely that they would interview if there were no jobs, hopefully anyway......

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Fantastic result, congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I don't know why but I think we will get our results from 18th February e-tray on the last Friday in April, its a Bank Holiday weekend so that's their style!!!

Right before the bank holiday weekend? Who is in charge of when the results get issued? The Devil?

• Advertisement

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Right before the bank holiday weekend? Who is in charge of when the results get issued? The Devil?

Lol, :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Survey on the Friday, results on the Tuesday. :)

Survey on the Friday, results on the Tuesday. :)

Is this for the e-tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nope, it's a joke. As long timers here know how they love to send out surveys just before they send results.

Nope, it's a joke. As long timers here know how they love to send out surveys just before they send results.

Ah yeah, sorry Thought maybe someone finally got an actual answer of them 😂😂🙈

Liamario wrote: »
    Yeah I would agree, unlikely that they would interview if there were no jobs, hopefully anyway......

hopefully

gestappo wrote: »
    Fantastic result, congrats!!

Thanks

Funny but it's probably true :):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dothejoy

Hi guys,

Tardy to the party here, but just looking to get some up-to-date info. :)

So I passed Stage 1 last October for Dublin. I made it both into the Open (OOM: high 2000s) and Interdepartmental stream (low 1000s). To be honest, I don't know whether that's good or not, but I haven't heard anything about the e-tray exam yet and was just wondering if there's anyone in a similar situation. :confused:

I see there's been some mix-up with some e-trays, which is causing some delay (classic civil service :rolleyes:). But given my numbers, would ye say there's any point in waiting to get called in for the e-tray? Or will it just be a long time before they get to those numbers?

I'm a CO, but looking for jobs elsewhere (civil service or outside), so just want to know whether to keep it as an option.

Thanks a mill!

dothejoy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Tardy to the party here, but just looking to get some up-to-date info. :)

So I passed Stage 1 last October for Dublin. I made it both into the Open (OOM: high 2000s) and Interdepartmental stream (low 1000s). To be honest, I don't know whether that's good or not, but I haven't heard anything about the e-tray exam yet and was just wondering if there's anyone in a similar situation. :confused:

I see there's been some mix-up with some e-trays, which is causing some delay (classic civil service :rolleyes:). But given my numbers, would ye say there's any point in waiting to get called in for the e-tray? Or will it just be a long time before they get to those numbers?

I'm a CO, but looking for jobs elsewhere (civil service or outside), so just want to know whether to keep it as an option.

Thanks a mill!

It would appear that e-tray was based on your total score, not necessarily your OOM. I would email them and ask what will be the next batch and what score would qualify you for it. I expect that once we get our results they will invite next batch to take on for the tests. Unfortunately it's quite hard to say what total score will be required for the next batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Anyone know with regards to Vetting, when it says it's at the "Scheduled for completion" stage does that mean it's all good?

When can I expect to hear about where I've been assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

Anyone know with regards to Vetting, when it says it's at the "Scheduled for completion" stage does that mean it's all good?

When can I expect to hear about where I've been assigned?

I got my assignment from PAS within 2 days of the scheduled for completion stage

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Hey, I just received my clearance email, have to send along the requested docs and references etc now. They asked if I have updated employer details since my application (which I do), and to provide references for the last 3 years including my new employer.

Any idea on how long it'll take to get placed from this stage?

I currently work in marketing and I get on really well with my employer, but would rather avoid a really long awkward stage. I'm going to have to give notice this week now due to the documents being required by the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how far down the interdepartmental panel have they reached for the EO Etray?

Thanks

Nothing to do with this one but i got my EO internal in Revenue Placed 16th and i am absolutely delighted with the result

I got my assignment from PAS within 2 days of the scheduled for completion stage

Ah, super, thanks! That's good news.

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Hey, I just received my clearance email, have to send along the requested docs and references etc now. They asked if I have updated employer details since my application (which I do), and to provide references for the last 3 years including my new employer.

I currently work in marketing and I get on really well with my employer, but would rather avoid a really long awkward stage. I'm going to have to give notice this week now due to the documents being required by the 19th.

Congratulations!

I started my clearance two weeks ago today. Still waiting on Vetting to be complete bit I'm hoping all will be sorted by the end of this week.

SheevPalps wrote: »

You’re not too far ahead of me!

As for the time scale, it all depends on how quick your references take to reply to PAS, but I wouldn’t hand in notice until you receive your assignment.

MonikaB wrote: »
    Nothing to do with this one but i got my EO internal in Revenue Placed 16th and i am absolutely delighted with the result

Nice one, Congrats!

• Advertisement

gestappo wrote: »
    Nice one, Congrats!

Thank you, such a relief.

Advertisement