Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

gestappo wrote: »
    You’re not too far ahead of me!

As for the time scale, it all depends on how quick your references take to reply to PAS, but I wouldn’t hand in notice until you receive your assignment.

Yeah, but I don't want him to be caught by surprise when they start contacting the references I provide also?

Will they notify again before they contact anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Yeah, but I don't want him to be caught by surprise when they start contacting the references I provide also?

The girl who I am dealing with said she would hold off contacting my current employer until vetting was complete and she just contacted the previous ones, I'm sure they could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

SheevPalps wrote: »

I’d mention it to your boss that you're in this competition and someone might contact them for a reference, that you applied on a whim and just seeing what comes of it etc

I don’t think they will contact you before they contact the references.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    The girl who I am dealing with said she would hold off contacting my current employer until vetting was complete and she just contacted the previous ones, I'm sure they could do that.

Thanks a million! I will ask the person I am dealing with when I send my documents tomorrow maybe.
    I’d mention it to your boss that you're in this competition and someone might contact them for a reference, that you applied on a whim and just seeing what comes of it etc

I don’t think they will contact you before they contact the references.

I actually applied for the EO before getting the job I'm in now, what a long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Willow9

Any movement in Limerick or Tipperary yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Willow9 wrote: »
    Any movement in Limerick or Tipperary yet?
    Did Etray for Limerick and Tipp waiting on results think they may have called around 50 for Etray not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Someone mentioned above, they call by score? Does anyone know what score they have called for Dublin.

I think it was OOM up to 940s in open, but would love to know what score for someone in the 900, would have to have scores over 115 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harrb

Someone mentioned above, they call by score? Does anyone know what score they have called for Dublin.

I think it was OOM up to 940s in open, but would love to know what score for someone in the 900, would have to have scores over 115 right?
    I think they are at 994

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

I’m Dublin Open 13xx & Inter 49x Total score 108

Maybe I will hear something this side of summer then again I may not

T900i wrote: »

That confuses me even more as I’m Dublin open 16xx and (no inter as I’m not a CS 2 years, was just shy) and Total Score of 110 ish

I’m hoping the next round or maybe August/Sept if it keeps a nice timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

T900i wrote: »

You might be called for the next e-tray but the safest bet would be to email them and see what score they require for the next batch

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

That confuses me even more as I’m Dublin open 16xx and (no inter as I’m not a CS 2 years, was just shy) and Total Score of 110 ish

I’m hoping the next round or maybe August/Sept if it keeps a nice timeline.[/quote

Sorry it wasn’t my intention to create more confusion, this competition appears to be having some setbacks.

I also didn’t want to add to the PAS inbox by emailing about the next round but at this stage I think I will.

I will post what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Pure impatient regarding the etray results from 18th February so I emailed PAS again today just politely asking if they had any indication as to when we might get results, this is the reply

" Results for the Etray assessment will issue in the coming weeks, As of now we do not have concrete date to provide you with, when results are released they will issue to your public jobs message board".......

Don't think it will be tonight as some people had hoped.....

morrism wrote: »
    Pure impatient regarding the etray results from 18th February so I emailed PAS again today just politely asking if they had any indication as to when we might get results, this is the reply

" Results for the Etray assessment will issue in the coming weeks, As of now we do not have concrete date to provide you with, when results are released they will issue to your public jobs message board".......

That is a generic reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The poor PAS staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Last time I emailed them I got a different reply, saying that it would be mid to late April so I'm not sure its generic?

Last time I emailed them I got a different reply, saying that it would be mid to late April so I'm not sure its generic?

It's the exact same message I got when I mailed about my interview results, and then I received them 2 hours later.

It's the exact same message I got when I mailed about my interview results, and then I received them 2 hours later.

Looks like this time it wasn't just a generic reply. Nothing from them about the e-tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Hi. Does anyone know what the situation is for Cork? Have they only called up to OOM 45 for etray so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Lelila wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know what the situation is for Cork? Have they only called up to OOM 45 for etray so far?

Yes, called up to OOM 45/46 only in Cork ( or total score 125 & above) & we're still waiting on the etray results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

blondie007 wrote: »
    Yes, called up to OOM 45/46 only in Cork ( or total score 125 & above) & we're still waiting on the etray results.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm OOM open dubliin 1900's. Am i likely to be contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Hi, slightly off tópic, I was offered an EO position (through Revenue internal comp).

I would like to know is it possible to refuse the first offer? Or is it a case of; if I refuse, then I won't be considered for anything else?

The particular division and location does not suit me, Plus I've had experience of bullying by an EO who is still there, don't feel comfortable going back there (even if it is promotion).

BDK

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

MonikaB wrote: »
    Nothing to do with this one but i got my EO internal in Revenue Placed 16th and i am absolutely delighted with the result

Well done, do you know how many applied? 16th is very good result.

BDK

Well done, do you know how many applied? 16th is very good result.

BDK

Thank you :) at least don't depend in this one anymore. Placed on HEO panel as well and still wonder if I read that email correctly, he he
    I don't know exactly how many applied but from what i hear both EO and HEO panel stand at around 150 placed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pizzzza

In case anyone was wondering, they've called up to OOM 31 for Galway to etray. I emailed this morning.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm OOM open dubliin 1900's. Am i likely to be contacted?

I would hope so. I’m 1600s so hoping for the next batch as they roughly went 1-350s in the first and then 350s-950s in the second. So fingers crossed I’m in the next one and then you should be around August/Sept if the timeline is similar, maybe?

Fingers crossed they move with batch two as it gets closer when they do. I’m not picky and will take anything, anywhere. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BeeBee1986

Hi,

Does anyone know if the have started calling from the internal panel for Dublin or when they will.Thanks

BeeBee1986 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the have started calling from the internal panel for Dublin or when they will.Thanks

I was OOM 300 on the interdepartmental and did my etray in Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

For those who have been assigned so far, has it just been a case of the department asking when you can start? Or have you all been given a start date? If so, have the start dates been pretty quick?

Trying to figure out if I'll be able get a few days off between finishing my current job and taking the new one without having to take any leave!

(PAS have received everything they need from me and my references now so I'm assuming I'll hear from my department in the next couple of days)

Advertisement