Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

gestappo wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if it takes longer, going by previous comps I know people were waiting well over the 12 weeks.

I'm also waiting for AGS, and emailed them today as got an email on Friday to say my eVetting was complete, and now I guess they do the manual strands of it. Aaanyway, the CO said it was 10 -12 weeks, but it's actually moving a bit quicker at the moment! So it could be less. Fingers crossed anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    I'm also waiting for AGS, and emailed them today as got an email on Friday to say my eVetting was complete, and now I guess they do the manual strands of it. Aaanyway, the CO said it was 10 -12 weeks, but it's actually moving a bit quicker at the moment! So it could be less. Fingers crossed anyway :D

100% - how long have you been waiting so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

100% - how long have you been waiting so far?

I'm only two weeks in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What OOM is dublin open campaign on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Hey, I emailed PAS and they replied saying i should be hearing from the clearance team in the next week to start the clearance... does that mean my number has been reached??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Whollywoo wrote: »
    Hey, I emailed PAS and they replied saying i should be hearing from the clearance team in the next week to start the clearance... does that mean my number has been reached??

It's either been reached or is very close to being reached.

Ok great thank you! Im currently a CO, would I need to provide references if my numbers reached?

Whollywoo wrote: »
    Ok great thank you! Im currently a CO, would I need to provide references if my numbers reached?

No, usually PAS contact your HR who then contacts your team lead and requests a pmds like form to be filled out and returned back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Assigned to Dept of Housing, Local Gov & Heritage today.

Anyone have any experience there? Trying to decipher what I might be doing!

• Advertisement

Assigned to Dept of Housing, Local Gov & Heritage today.

Anyone have any experience there? Trying to decipher what I might be doing!

Congrats! Just looking at their website you could be based in Customs House, Smithfield or Glasnevin for Met Éireann!

The HR from that dept will contact you shortly will full details of where you'll be placed and what section you'll be assigned to.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

I'm sure this has been discussed already but just to confirm, do they take your work/education background into consideration at all when placing you in a particular department? I've been offered dept of justice, which doesn't make much sense to me. A number of other departments would be so much more suitable for me based on my background but I'm getting the impression it's almost randomly assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm sure this has been discussed already but just to confirm, do they take your work/education background into consideration at all when placing you in a particular department? I've been offered dept of justice, which doesn't make much sense to me. A number of other departments would be so much more suitable for me based on my background but I'm getting the impression it's almost randomly assigned.

Unfortunately not. My qualifications would be best suited to Dept Transport or Ag but if they've no openings then they're not gonna sit with you on a panel if you can go elsewhere.

You are literally assigned to the next vacancy whatever department that may be and they do not take your personal circumstances into account for any assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Hoping for e-tray results this Friday. It’s been such a long wait. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Aleece2020 wrote: »

Here's hoping but I'm not holding my breath.....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

No, you are recruited as a generalist so are expected to go to any dept. However, your new dept might try to match your skills if they have a few vacancies - ask their HR about it when you get assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

blondie007 wrote: »
    Here's hoping but I'm not holding my breath.....
    I would say it'll be next Friday, BH weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

morrism wrote: »
    I would say it'll be next Friday, BH weekend...

Have to get the survey email first 😂

Have to get the survey email first 😂

Christ, that’s right. The survey always comes first :D

• Advertisement

Christ, that’s right. The survey always comes first :D

I didn’t get the survey email before etray or interview results and I’m signed up for them.

Now that I’m awaiting my placement I’ll probably get one that’ll induce a heart attack!

I didn’t get the survey email before etray or interview results and I’m signed up for them.

Now that I’m awaiting my placement I’ll probably get one that’ll induce a heart attack!

The day before the placement starts, it'll come through. :pac:

The day before the placement starts, it'll come through. :pac:

Exactly 😆 Always the way it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

Got My clearance Email from 2019 EO comp saying my panel ends 30/4/21 so they should have E tray results ready and interviews planned for very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Just got the results of etray. I made it to interview stage. Expect to hear your results shortly. I was selected for Dublin. Oom 0-90 are going to be called soon they say

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Also got results and did better than I thought, we are our own worst enemies! Good luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Just got my e-tray results. Passed and placed c. 250 on the OOM for Dublin. They're interviewing up to OOM 90 for now so I'll just sit tight and hope I get to interview eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I just got my etray results: I got a new OOM: I thought you only got a score for this stage, or did I misinterpret it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Got results for Limerick and Tipp very happy except was expecting a date for interview another period of watching mail on Friday begins lol hope everyone did well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

cyning wrote: »
    I just got my etray results: I got a new OOM: I thought you only got a score for this stage, or did I misinterpret it?

Congrats to all that got the results today!

I was in the first batch and we just got a score. There was no OOM given to us. Makes more sense to have an OOM.

Advertisement