Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

Ah I see. Are you given any indication about where exactly you'll be placed within the department before you properly accept it?

In my experience, that would be very unlikely. For a general competition (ie not a specific job), a dept notifies PAS that it needs an EO and if you are next on the list you are offered that dept. They may tell you once you have accepted the offer but mostly you find out on the day you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

rostalof wrote: »
    It's a little better than that. It's the next point above where you are now, plus one increment. See section 1.2 and 3.1 here, https://www.gov.ie/en/circular/57443f-082019-starting-pay-on-promotion/

It all depends on what point you are currently on. I'm point 5 going point 7 so would be starting point plus 1 if i went for the EO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrMaguite

I'm currently placed 2nd in the OOM for sligo in the 2019 competition after an interview last month, is there much chance of a job coming from this?

Also is there any email i can contact PAS on?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

MrMaguite wrote: »
    I'm currently placed 2nd in the OOM for sligo in the 2019 competition after an interview last month, is there much chance of a job coming from this?

Also is there any email i can contact PAS on?

I would normally say 2nd is great and that it's quite likely - but unfortunately the 2020 comp is progressing in the regions now so the window is closing rapidly on the 2019 competition if it isn't shut already. PAS email is info@publicjobs.ie ...

If anyone need to email PAS for this competition the address is LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Laura5695 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m at the clearance stage now for batch 1.6.
    In relation to references do you know if they just email your employer a standard reference template request that your employer fills in or do they call them as well?

Thanks a mill

I am in the same position, waiting for clearance, have sent back my references, and received Garda vetting Friday evening. They email your references a blank template that is filled out. Very basic stuff.

Any idea how long the clearance process can last? I'm getting itchy feet waiting to give notice in my current position.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

MonikaB wrote: »
    It all depends on what point you are currently on. I'm point 5 going point 7 so would be starting point plus 1 if i went for the EO.

Hey Monika. Can I ask, how are you skipping point 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

I emailed them to ask as I'm on the interdepartmental as well. When i hear back i will post here
    I had emailed them, just got a reply to say they have put the my interdepartmental results up now

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

If anyone who has been assigned is still reading this, how long did you wait between getting the notification on PAS and hearing from personnel in your department?

If anyone who has been assigned is still reading this, how long did you wait between getting the notification on PAS and hearing from personnel in your department?

I got the call the next day Niall.

• Advertisement

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Hey Monika. Can I ask, how are you skipping point 6?

It's the pay restoration. We skipped point 4 and we are skipping point 6 as well. It's similar for EOs

vic123 wrote: »
    I had emailed them, just got a reply to say they have put the my interdepartmental results up now

Yeah, got the results as well, after I emailed. I won't be waiting on this one though. Placed 70 OOM interdepartmental so my guess would be 2.3???
    I did place high enough on internal HEO so will be taking that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

I got the call the next day Niall.

Oh ok, I got the notification on Wednesday but still haven't heard anything. I was given a point of contact if I'd any queries, who I emailed Thursday evening but no response there either.

Will just wait it out so.

*Refreshes email again*

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

Yeah, got the results as well, after I emailed. I won't be waiting on this one though. Placed 70 OOM interdepartmental so my guess would be 2.3???
    I did place high enough on internal HEO so will be taking that instead.
    Yes they said taking up to OOM 25

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrMaguite

interdepartmental or open stream ? I was 1 interD and got my offer last Friday

got that in the open stream, im hoping for an offer this week or id assume its dead

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

It's the pay restoration. We skipped point 4 and we are skipping point 6 as well. It's similar for EOs

Sorry, is it not point 8 that you skip, so from 7 to 9 rather than from 5 to 7?
    I stand to be corrected though!

Sorry, is it not point 8 that you skip, so from 7 to 9 rather than from 5 to 7?
    I stand to be corrected though!

Yeah that's why I was asking Moinka.

I saw it here:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c95806-public-service-new-entrants-agreement-2018/

Sorry, yes You are both correct. I was looking at an internal email we received at one point and that one appears to be showing incorrect points being skipped on the pay scale

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Sorry, yes You are both correct. I was looking at an internal email we received at one point and that one appears to be showing incorrect points being skipped on the pay scale

Does this apply for current long term CO's being transferred over to the EO scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

gestappo wrote: »
    Does this apply for current long term CO's being transferred over to the EO scale?

If you started your service post 2011, it'll apply to you. It's for New Entrants only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Hi has anyone been called for e-tray or interview for regional locations yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Grey AP wrote: »
    In my experience, that would be very unlikely. For a general competition (ie not a specific job), a dept notifies PAS that it needs an EO and if you are next on the list you are offered that dept. They may tell you once you have accepted the offer but mostly you find out on the day you start.

I guess I understand that if it's guaranteed to be remote work, but how does this work if you have to show up in person? They'd have to give you a location in advance of your start date, surely that's an indication of what exactly the position is?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Anyone know is it mostly WORKING FROM HOME at the moment. Is there new employees assigned to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

rusty1983 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone been called for e-tray or interview for regional locations yet?
    People have done Etray and got results last week it looks like very small numbers were called to do the Etray based on scores from the original application. From following the thread only Dublin have got to interview stage but open to correction hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

I can only speak for Sligo/Leitrim, I got my score last week from the etray and we have had nothing further, so no word of interviews. Actually that's for Sligo only, they didn't give me my score for Leitrim yet.

hillbloom wrote: »
    Anyone know is it mostly WORKING FROM HOME at the moment. Is there new employees assigned to the office.

Can't speak for all departments, but Revenue is mostly working from home. Very few of us have been considered essential to be in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

morrism wrote: »
    I can only speak for Sligo/Leitrim, I got my score last week from the etray and we have had nothing further, so no word of interviews. Actually that's for Sligo only, they didn't give me my score for Leitrim yet.

Is it possible that they called a higher number to sligo for etray, and they haven't reached that number for leitrim
    Eg called up to 120 for leitrim and up to 118 Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

jules86 wrote: »
    Is it possible that they called a higher number to sligo for etray, and they haven't reached that number for leitrim
    Eg called up to 120 for leitrim and up to 118 Sligo

Yeah that could be it, not sure. Happy with Sligo score and would hope for placement in Sligo over Leitrim anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

I guess I understand that if it's guaranteed to be remote work, but how does this work if you have to show up in person? They'd have to give you a location in advance of your start date, surely that's an indication of what exactly the position is?

Depends on the department. Very recently, a friend was told their section in the department when they got their starting date letter, but I know of a few people in my own dept who have come in on day one and been assigned to a section then. Whether they then work remotely depends on the section they are assigned to, but you'd have to think that wfh would be the norm until the summer at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Anyone sit the etray for Clare yet?

Advertisement