Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

morrism wrote: »
    I'm on the 2019 panel, for Sligo and Leitrim and I'm next in line for both counties. We got an email today to say that the panel has been extended to October 2021.

That doesn't mean they're aren't other panels that they can pull from. They might have extended it in the interest of fairness and difficulty in interviewing new candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Liamario wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they're aren't other panels that they can pull from. They might have extended it in the interest of fairness and difficulty in interviewing new candidates.

Im within a whiff of an interview for batch 1 from 2019. But I won't hold my breathe. Would certainly be a big morale boost if regional panel was extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

EO2019 wrote: »
    Did it say the 2019 panel was extended or specifically mention these counties? I’ve no idea what pas are up to at this point.

PAS told me all panels end today. They also told me they have called up to my number from 2019 in the 2020 campaign. I don't understand what is going on. Can they call from the 2020 before ending the 2019 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Maestro85 wrote: »
    PAS told me all panels end today. They also told me they have called up to my number from 2019 in the 2020 campaign. I don't understand what is going on. Can they call from the 2020 before ending the 2019 one?

Was told the same. No more interviews for 2019 and panel ends today

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Mine was completed 23 March so over 5 weeks ago. I was told the process varies from candidate to candidate and no timescales can be provided as to how long it will last.

Just to update, I heard today I'm being assigned to the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.

Hope you've heard/hear soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Was told the same. No more interviews for 2019 and panel ends today
    I was told they have called up to my number in the 2020 campaign but can they do that if the 2019 was ongoing...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Just to update, I heard today I'm being assigned to the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.

Hope you've heard/hear soon!

Congrats very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I'm just outside OOM 110 after doing e-tray in February as part of the second batch. They're only taking the first 90 to interview currently.

For the people who got called to do the e-tray in the first batch, did they also do interviews in batches? If so, what was the speed like? Was it a long wait between batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I'm just outside OOM 110 after doing e-tray in February as part of the second batch. They're only taking the first 90 to interview currently.

For the people who got called to do the e-tray in the first batch, did they also do interviews in batches? If so, what was the speed like? Was it a long wait between batches?

To the best of my knowledge the people that ended up in batch 1.1 and 1.2 were interviewed in January. I should have been in that but I was given an incorrect e-tray score. Didn't really matter as those of us that were in 1.3 and 1.4(me) were interviewed in February. My guess is 1.5 were in March - some could have been end of February but someone from 1.5 would have to confirm that.

My best guess is there were approx 30-40 people in each batch based on OOMs I saw posted here.

Really rooting for you to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Aleece2020 wrote: »

I placed OOM 70 after February etray, my email said they are inviting first 25 to the interview at the moment so looks like batches are of 25people at once. That would put you in batch 2.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NeilD

If offered an EO position do you automatically begin on the lowest rung of the pay scale? Or is any consideration given to your experience/current salary in your current role outside of the civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

NeilD wrote: »
    If offered an EO position do you automatically begin on the lowest rung of the pay scale? Or is any consideration given to your experience/current salary in your current role outside of the civil service?

Point 1 on the scale unless you've had previous experience at the same grade in the Public or Civil Service. I'd say the vast majority take a hit to join the CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Unfortunately your salary in the private sector is not taken into consideration. If you were a CO higher end of scale, you wouldn't be starting bottom of the scale. Unfortunately most do take a pay cut starting in public sector

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Point 1 on the scale unless you've had previous experience at the same grade in the Public or Civil Service. I'd say the vast majority take a hit to join the CS.

I’d be getting a pay increase over what I currently get for my crappy temp/contract entry level position so I’m really hoping to get in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes HR to make contact after you get you assigned to a Dept by PAS . I'm waiting a week now to hear from them to give me a location and a start date.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes HR to make contact after you get you assigned to a Dept by PAS . I'm waiting a week now to hear from them to give me a location and a start date.

In my assignment email, there was a contact email address for the HR of the department I was assigned to.

Is that in yours? You could email them?

Any idea when Batch 1.7 interview results are due out?

gestappo wrote: »
    Any idea when Batch 1.7 interview results are due out?

I heard back from them 2 days after the interview.

I heard back from them 2 days after the interview.

Cheers for letting me know and I hope you got on well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Those who were in batch 1 of interviews, what did it go up to? Batch 1.7? Did all of those that made it to interview after results of etray get interviewed before moving on to batch 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Clearance finally beginning.

Vetting sent off this morning. Hard to believe this whole process started back last August.

Clearance finally beginning.

Vetting sent off this morning. Hard to believe this whole process started back last August.

Hurray - light at the end of the tunnel. It was the third week of July - I remember this cause I put my EO application in on my 4th day of starting as a CO.

These processes can be so long.

I first applied for the CO 2018 campaign in June 2018 and got the job offer in May 2020:eek:

Hurray - light at the end of the tunnel. It was the third week of July - I remember this cause I put my EO application in on my 4th day of starting as a CO.

These processes can be so long.

I first applied for the CO 2018 campaign in June 2018 and got the job offer in May 2020:eek:
    In the intervening period I have started my 3rd job and am on 2 other panels! That's how long this has gone on!

In the intervening period I have started my 3rd job and am on 2 other panels! That's how long this has gone on!

3 jobs - madness!

I completed a full accountancy course in the time I was waiting! - Time well spent in the end:D

3 jobs - madness!

I completed a full accountancy course in the time I was waiting! - Time well spent in the end:D

Yeah. No bites all the year and then everything all at once from January!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Been twelve days for me. I contacted PAS, who gave me a phone number for someone, who told me they'd be in touch soon but still none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

Been twelve days for me. I contacted PAS, who gave me a phone number for someone, who told me they'd be in touch soon but still none the wiser.

Which department is that. ? I'm waiting on DEASP since last week have 2 emails sent now, not even been acknowledged

gestappo wrote: »
    Cheers for letting me know and I hope you got on well :)

I was placed on the panel ðŸ‘. I had put it to the back of my mind after been told twice I failed the etray last year. I got a mail out of the blue telling me the the results were wrong and offering the opportunity to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Which department is that. ? I'm waiting on DEASP since last week have 2 emails sent now, not even been acknowledged

I know people who were recently placed there. The HR are crazy busy and it took them 4 weeks to contact the 2 who got assigned there. Then another 4 weeks for their start date.

• Advertisement

I was placed on the panel ðŸ‘. I had put it to the back of my mind after been told twice I failed the etray last year. I got a mail out of the blue telling me the the results were wrong and offering the opportunity to interview.

Those etray results were a mess :eek: glad you got onto the panel. You shouldn't be waiting too long to be placed, and even quicker if you're on the Interdepartmental panel

Advertisement