Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭blondie007

Anyone in Cork get an invite to interview email yet ? & if so, can I ask what your OOM after etray is please? Just wondering how many they're calling up in the first batch of interviews. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭EO2019

Doing an hour 20 each way as it is! Promised myself I wouldn’t but hard now I’ve been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

EO2019 wrote: »
    Doing an hour 20 each way as it is! Promised myself I wouldn’t but hard now I’ve been called.

I couldn't do it. More power to you.

Once a commute goes over 40min...

What are your 2 choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Has any one any interview tips?? Head is wrecked with competencies & finding it difficult to think of examples for some of them

budget1984 wrote: »
    Has any one any interview tips?? Head is wrecked with competencies & finding it difficult to think of examples for some of them

My only tip is to not overdo the prep and try to relax.

Go through your CV and link them to the competencies. You should have something there.

I was able to talk about supervisory experience with really having any because I could link it to other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Hey everyone, following on from my post yesterday I just received a message about interest in interview for westmeath (im in top 3) after etray. But it states that if I accept this choice then I am knocked of my other counties list (also in top 3). I thought that if you went for interview you stayed on both panels and if you pass you get selected for whichever county comes first?am I wrong in this? Thanks

Oh Wow, I didn't know that either. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

With the competencies, do the examples have to be scenarios or can you just list of some duties for each one

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

budget1984 wrote: »
    With the competencies, do the examples have to be scenarios or can you just list of some duties for each one

If you google STAR method it will explain it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Em2157 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Good luck, and I hope they start a 3rd round of etray for you guys soon.
    My question was more for anyone who was in batch 1 of interviews. I've just passed etray in batch 2, and placed at oom 12x. We had an email saying they would be interviewing up to OOM 90, so I'm just wondering if I will be interviewed before they move on to batch 3? I'm basically trying to see if all of those in batch one that got to interview stage were interviewed?

Hey just a heads up I am within the OOM 90 and have yet to receive an email on when I am to be interviewed so you may have a little while longer to go.

Just curious are people that are currently preparing their competencies using a list they have received from PAS during this competition or from one they may have received in the past. I have a list of competencies but it's from an older competition and i don't want to set everything in stone if it's updated since. Any advice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Just curious are people that are currently preparing their competencies using a list they have received from PAS during this competition or from one they may have received in the past. I have a list of competencies but it's from an older competition and i don't want to set everything in stone if it's updated since. Any advice ?

There is an EO competency wheel and list available on the PAS website. Plus I think it was linked in the initial info booklet.

gestappo wrote: »
    There is an EO competency wheel and list available on the PAS website. Plus I think it was linked in the initial info booklet.

Cheers, i checked the initial booklet. Found a 10 page document but couldn't fint the competencies listed

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Cheers, i checked the initial booklet. Found a 10 page document but couldn't fint the competencies listed

https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/Executive_Officer_Competencies.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

EO2019 wrote: »
    Is the commute much worse? I’m looking at an hour each way for county 2 vs 15 mins for my first choice.

Commute wise I'm looking at 40 minutes each way compared to 5 minutes for my first preference but im currently doing a 40 minite drive to work so it wouldn't be much difference but an hour is tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

morrism wrote: »
    Oh Wow, I didn't know that either. Good to know.

As per page 4 of the Candidate Booklet :

PLEASE NOTE: If you are invited to attend stage 3 (Interview) for one of your regional locations and you attend, you will no longer be considered for any other position in your other regional location choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

My question was more for anyone who was in batch 1 of interviews. I've just passed etray in batch 2, and placed at oom 12x. We had an email saying they would be interviewing up to OOM 90, so I'm just wondering if I will be interviewed before they move on to batch 3? I'm basically trying to see if all of those in batch one that got to interview stage were interviewed?

Hey there. I'm also in batch 2 and passed the etray. My OOM is 10X so we're very close. I got the same email as you saying they'd be interviewing up to 90. I'm wondering if they'll do us in batches of 90 and we'll be in the next batch?

Anyone who was in the first batch, did they interview you guys in batches too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zambrotta1

Im currently at clearance stage, its really a guessing game is it re wait time? When i got the email week and a half ago to advise my number had been reached, there was a note beside the Garda vetting & ID verification i think saying i'd get a seperate link to my email, nothing yet tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Zambrotta1 wrote: »
    Im currently at clearance stage, its really a guessing game is it re wait time? When i got the email week and a half ago to advise my number had been reached, there was a note beside the Garda vetting & ID verification i think saying i'd get a seperate link to my email, nothing yet tho...

I'm currently week eight in clearance, so very much a waiting game from my experience.

As for the note above I'm not really following what you mean there. Eligibility is first followed by the Garda portal link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zambrotta1

Sorry ya thats probably it, the portal link, i wasnt too sure what was involved with that....they just told me the first part was completed (eligability i assume)...im just a bit on edge waiting for an update!!
    I may as well settle down so for a while yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mariemoon

Zambrotta1 wrote: »

I have applied for another public job and I am on the clearance stage too. It's been nearly 7 months. I feel extremely anxious and hopeless..the waiting is killing me.
    Does anyone knows what is going on? Why is it taking so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Anyone know anything about Limerick/ Tipperary is there much movement or promotions happening will they need to call to interview anytime soon ?

mariemoon wrote: »
    I have applied for another public job and I am on the clearance stage too. It's been nearly 7 months. I feel extremely anxious and hopeless..the waiting is killing me.
    Does anyone knows what is going on? Why is it taking so long

Sheer volume. Look at the amount of roles up on public jobs any given day and then add in all of those internal Competitions.

They'll get there.

No idea why you would be so anxious at clearance stage. It'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Hey there. I'm also in batch 2 and passed the etray. My OOM is 10X so we're very close. I got the same email as you saying they'd be interviewing up to 90. I'm wondering if they'll do us in batches of 90 and we'll be in the next batch?

Anyone who was in the first batch, did they interview you guys in batches too?

Hey :) I think someone said they did the 1st round in batches of 25, so that's why I'm wondering if all of batch one have been interviewed now, and if they will interview everyone who makes it through etray before moving on, or just hit 90 oom and do batch 3??

Sheer volume. Look at the amount of roles up on public jobs any given day and then add in all of those internal Competitions.

They'll get there.

No idea why you would be so anxious at clearance stage. It'll happen.

I have to say I'm getting anxious. Everybody's circumstances are different and I'm wondering if my residence in China is causing a problem. Also to make any sort of plans going forward I would like to begin my new job (and for the sake of my sanity leave my current one).

I have every idea why somebody would be anxious after a seven month wait. It's ridiculous really. I have sympathy with some of the staff - it's not their fault - but these processes should be in place to expedite the process.

tomjmsn wrote: »
    I have to say I'm getting anxious. Everybody's circumstances are different and I'm wondering if my residence in China is causing a problem. Also to make any sort of plans going forward I would like to begin my new job (and for the sake of my sanity leave my current one).

These are all separate issues.

Your own personal circumstances aside, if China was an issue you'd have been informed by now (I'm assuming you started the clearance process?)

Regarding taking up the new role and leaving your current one, I'm sorry to say, such is life. Aren't you lucky not be in that position?

I was in a position where I got offered clearance while simultaneously being offered another role. And this is after a year of horror in the jobs market in my industry.

I accepted the other role in industry simply because I need to eat. When the EO process completes, it completes.

I had to make a tough choice of leaving a position with the HSE to take this temp role, and the simultaneous granting of clearance just added fuel to the fire.
    have every idea why somebody would be anxious after a seven month wait.

A seven month wait? When did you have your interview?

It's ridiculous really.

What is?
    I have sympathy with some of the staff - it's not their fault - but these processes should be in place to expedite the process.

What do you mean expedite? What needs to go faster or do you just mean for you?

ANYONE entering a PAS campaign anticipating a quick turnaround is on to a hiding. There's so many moving parts here that I don't think you appreciate that every 'i' needs to be crossed and every 't' dotted so that they don't get audited because of those 'who just missed out and didn't make the criteria' and a shítstorm ensues.

You should go back and look at some of the posts from when the initial assessment results were released last year. Absolute madness. That's what they're dealing with.

So yeah, your own personal circumstances aside, I don't understand the anxiety. I get the impatience, but that's human nature.

I didn't mean just for me I meant the entire process for everybody including the mixups with etray results. The previous post related to a seven month wait, not me, and it wasn't clear whether that was purely for clearance or from the beginning of an unspecified campaign. Using block capitals doesn't really help you articulate your point any better. Your own assessment of 'absolute madness' doesn't differ too much to my point about a ridiculous wait. I accept it is life and I accept many people are in circumstances worse than mine. Congratulations for you for not feeling anxious about your job situation in a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Hey :) I think someone said they did the 1st round in batches of 25, so that's why I'm wondering if all of batch one have been interviewed now, and if they will interview everyone who makes it through etray before moving on, or just hit 90 oom and do batch 3??

From the way they seemed to do it for batch one, they may have done the etray for batch two before everyone in batch one completed interviews; but they didn't touch any interviews for batch two until batch one interviews were complete so there's no "skipping the line."

My best guess would be they'll interview the first 90 for batch two first. Then it's most likely they will interview the second or third groups of 90. They'll go to etray for batch three likely when they start running out of people in batch two on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Anyone any ideas on how long processes can take once you get your assignment? I received word I had it and that a HR would be in touch soon, about 3 weeks ago ��

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas on how long processes can take once you get your assignment? I received word I had it and that a HR would be in touch soon, about 3 weeks ago ��

Got my assignment today. Now we play the waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Got my assignment today. Now we play the waiting game.

Congratulations! Where are you headed?

Advertisement