Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Is there a contact number for Pas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭blondie007

Is there a contact number for Pas ?

No phones being answered during pandemic, only emails.

LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ead_00

Been invited to interview for Wexford, does this mean there is a position available or just that they are assembling a panel to fill any future positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭EO2019

Have you been asked whether you want to express an interest or been given a time for interview?

Hi, I've been given a time for interview.

• Advertisement

There’s a job there for you so!

Oh ok! I wasn't sure! Good to know, thank you!

They are only allocating interviews for regional areas once there is a place. would you mind saying roughly what number you were?

Upper top 20

Thanks they called a good few. I was top 5 but turned it down for my other county. Wexford always takes a lot from competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

I'm currently preparing for interview. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Grey AP

Hi, for those in the know;

I am currently a CO on point 6 of the scale.

Does anyone know, if i apply for the higher scale (merit) and then get promoted as an EO will I automatically go to the higher scale on the EO?

I wasn't sure if I will apply, there was an email about it (internal) and as I currently still a CO i was tempted to apply, don't want to go through the hassle if I won't be better off (financially)

See DPER Circular 08/2019 for the most up to date situation (it replaced the 1977 circular). Essentially, if you are an existing civil servant and your current salary is above the first point of the new grade, you start on the next higher point above your current pay, plus one point. If you are below the first point by less than the first EO increment, you start on the second EO point.

Looking at the scales (DPER Circ 12/2020), by my reckoning you should start on EO2. If you got the CO higher and went up point 4 on that before getting EO, you should start on EO3. Ask your HR or union to check this for you, though.

You don't go onto the EO higher scale - that is for established (ie post probation) EOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

budget1984 wrote: »
    I'm currently preparing for interview. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Examples of the competencies - the interviews are very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Could anyone point me to the correct information for pension and other benefits for someone joining civil service for first time at EO level please?

Asking again in the hope that someone can guide me to the right place! TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Seesee wrote: »
    Could anyone point me to the correct information for pension and other benefits for someone joining civil service for first time at EO level please?

https://singlepensionscheme.gov.ie/

"The Single Public Service Pension Scheme started on 1 January 2013. If you joined the public service on or after 1 January 2013
    and are working in a pensionable post, this is likely the Pension Scheme that applies to you."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Seesee wrote: »

Asking again in the hope that someone can guide me to the right place! TIA

The pension is okay - not great but not bad. There aren't really any other benefits other than job security and the potential for Flexitime.

Has anyone been called for interview for Westmeath /Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Anyone called for Limerick/ Tipp ? What number Oom roughly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nightlight3

Anyone called for interview for Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarah Jones 88

Has anyone had any word back on any stage from Galway or Mayo? Apart from initial results and OOM. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Has anyone been called for interview for Westmeath /Longford

I've been called for interview for westmeath, happening next week, within top 5 for county

I've been called for interview for westmeath, happening next week, within top 5 for county

Hi do you know if you will be given new oom after interview. If they call 10 people for interview will you be ranked between 1-10?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hi do you know if you will be given new oom after interview. If they call 10 people for interview will you be ranked between 1-10?

That is normally what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KD19

Could anyone tell me what OOM they are up to for Dublin calling to stage 2. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 edd_209

Has anyone had any word back on any stage from Galway or Mayo? Apart from initial results and OOM. Thanks

I applied for Dublin and Galway and have only received my OOM for Dublin. Have you gotten yours for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarah Jones 88

edd_209 wrote: »
    I applied for Dublin and Galway and have only received my OOM for Dublin. Have you gotten yours for Galway?

No I haven't heard anything from Galway or Mayo. Did far better in the last open but couldn't make the interview at the time. This time round it didn't go as well at all for me so not holding out much hope tbh. Best of luck with yours. Will let you know if I hear from Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

After a lengthy post-assignment debacle, I'm finally starting in my new department on Monday. Best of luck everyone and thanks for all your help over the last nine months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Anyone called for interview for Kerry?

Nope and I’m top 5 so assuming I would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Hey there, I'm assuming that will be the case, but hopefully I pass and will let you know ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been called for interview in Dublin yet from the Etray results issued on the 23rd April.

I confirmed my interest in still being interviewed a few weeks back and have acknowledgement of that.

I'm towards the end of the list but just curious if they have started interviewing anyone near the top yet?

Haven't seen anything being mentioned here lately but may have missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement