Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Has many received the link to The Stage 1 On-line Questionnaire? I haven't got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

hillbloom wrote: »
    Has many received the link to The Stage 1 On-line Questionnaire? I haven't got it yet.

I'd say it'll arrive on Monday, you'll get an email directing you to your message centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

There is no time limits on the assessment as long as you click submit before the deadline date and time.

There isn't really anything to practise on Stage 1, in part 1 (sections 1, 2 & 3) the questions are about you; and the SJT depends on the situation and the responses your given.

How will it compare with CO assessment? Similar? Different scenarios? More complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Hi all, has anyone received the email yet to book in for the next stage?
    If not, does anyone have the email address we need to reach out to if we havn't received it by tomorrow?
    I cant seem to locate the overview of the application process that was on the website!

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

La Bamba wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone received the email yet to book in for the next stage?
    If not, does anyone have the email address we need to reach out to if we havn't received it by tomorrow?
    I cant seem to locate the overview of the application process that was on the website!

Many thanks!

No email yet, it will arrive tomorrow I believe to be completed by Aug 17th.

Email: largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

How will it compare with CO assessment? Similar? Different scenarios? More complex?

yes, probably, not necessarily

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciarawira

Hi all,
    just to let you know stage 1 will be sent by close of business August 17th (pg9 of booklet). NOT today (pg8 is a typo).

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

In preparation for the Assessment Questionnaire: Here a few questions to warm people up (COVID-19 Edition):

Describe yourself:
    An outsider

1. Very like me
    2. Quite like me
    3. Cannot Say
    4. Not very like me
    5. Not at all like me

Describe your ideal jobs:
    Maintaining a professional distance from people

1. Must include
    2. Prefer it to include
    3. I would not mind
    4. I would prefer not
    5. I would dislike this

ciarawira wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just to let you know stage 1 will be sent by close of business August 17th (pg9 of booklet). NOT today (pg8 is a typo).

Well thats disappointing but it kind of makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Have received no official message/email about this typo in booklet on stage 1 start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hi all,

Did you email them?
    Thank you

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Have received no official message/email about this typo in booklet on stage 1 start date.

I would say there is probably no harm in emailing them just to cover yourself.
    The jobsalert.ie listing for the campaign references today as the deadline for the online piece and makes no reference to the 17th so no harm to cover yourself : https://www.jobalert.ie/job/executive-officers-civil-service

Hi, yes I emailed this morning.

Did you email them?
    Thank you

Did you receive a reply. PAS should have sent a notification re this typo.

yes that was the reply .

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Originally Posted by ciarawira View Post
    Hi all,
    Well thats disappointing but it kind of makes sense.

Yeh it does - I am guessing that they have to go through all the applications.

yes that was the reply .

Ciara did that come to your message board or did you e-mail PAS to enquire. Sorry for all the questions.

hillbloom wrote: »
    Ciara did that come to your message board or did you e-mail PAS to enquire. Sorry for all the questions.
    i emailed them as follows:"I am writing to inquire about the stage 1 link. I have yet to recieve the link but, upon reading the booklet I see on page eight I should have recieved it in advance of the 10th August.
    Can you please advise."

They replied as follows: "Thank you for your e-mail.
    The link will be sent by the close of business on the 17th of August 2020.
    I apologise for the confusion pg.8 is a typo I refer you to page 9 instead."

Did any of ye e-mail PAS other than ciarawira who was good enough to inform us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I did..but I haven't received a reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 allabella

Does anyone have the candidate information booklet downloaded? It’s gone off public jobs now

allabella wrote: »
    Does anyone have the candidate information booklet downloaded? It’s gone off public jobs now

Always save a copy of the Information Booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

i emailed them as follows:"I am writing to inquire about the stage 1 link. I have yet to recieve the link but, upon reading the booklet I see on page eight I should have recieved it in advance of the 10th August.
    Can you please advise."

They replied as follows: "Thank you for your e-mail.
    The link will be sent by the close of business on the 17th of August 2020.
    I apologise for the confusion pg.8 is a typo I refer you to page 9 instead."

Funny I'd have taken page 9 to mean questionnaire would have to be complete by the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In preparation for the Assessment Questionnaire: Here a few questions to warm people up (COVID-19 Edition):

Describe yourself:
    An outsider

1. Very like me

Describe your ideal jobs:
    Maintaining a professional distance from people

1. Must include

These correct?

I got the EO Preparation course from a certain online college, it arrived by post. I thought that it would teach me how to complete the questions and show how to work out the numerical reasoning. I also thought that it would give me pointers on stage 1. So disappointing. It’s just practice tests that I could get online for free. No tips on anything. Waste of €138

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

allabella wrote: »
    I got the EO Preparation course from a certain online college, it arrived by post. I thought that it would teach me how to complete the questions and show how to work out the numerical reasoning. I also thought that it would give me pointers on stage 1. So disappointing. It’s just practice tests that I could get online for free. No tips on anything. Waste of €138

Don't worry! Sure the practice will stand to you anyway. The numerical reasoning are all very similar! As for stage 1, well that seems like common sense really! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GMurdoch

Is your application confidential! Or is it disclosed to your employer, that is if you are currently a CO do PAS let your department know you've applied.

job seeker wrote: »
    Don't worry! Sure the practice will stand to you anyway. The numerical reasoning are all very similar! As for stage 1, well that seems like common sense really! :)

The problem is I don’t know how to get to the answer even when I look at the correct answer! Im in my 40’s and it’s been so long since I had to do any kind of maths. I’m not dull, if I was taught it I could get it 😭

• Advertisement

GMurdoch wrote: »
    Is your application confidential! Or is it disclosed to your employer, that is if you are currently a CO do PAS let your department know you've applied.

Totally confidential, but you know yourself in offices, people will be asking who applied. Just say nothing to anyone!

Advertisement