Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shels1

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been called for interview in Dublin yet from the Etray results issued on the 23rd April.

I confirmed my interest in still being interviewed a few weeks back and have acknowledgement of that.

I'm towards the end of the list but just curious if they have started interviewing anyone near the top yet?

Haven't seen anything being mentioned here lately but may have missed it.

Thanks in advance.

I was high on the oom (1 in inter and 5 in open) following them results and got a message last week calling me to an interview on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

Hi all. Can I ask if anyone proceeded past the etray testing for Cork? Did anyone actually get an interview or a position offer for Cork? I just missed out on being called to etray but I have not spotted anyone progressing further in Cork on this forum or perhaps I just missed? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Sooo wrote: »
    Hi all. Can I ask if anyone proceeded past the etray testing for Cork? Did anyone actually get an interview or a position offer for Cork? I just missed out on being called to etray but I have not spotted anyone progressing further in Cork on this forum or perhaps I just missed? Thanks

Cork is a disaster. Didnt get beyond oom 52 in the last campaign. Expect a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Cork is a disaster. Didnt get beyond oom 52 in the last campaign. Expect a long wait

Hi.Do you know if that OOM 52 was post etray or post interview??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BeeBee1986

Anyone know what number they are on for Dublin? Interdepartmental and Open please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

blondie007 wrote: »
    Hi.Do you know if that OOM 52 was post etray or post interview??

After etray only up to oom 52 got interviewed. Not even sure if all the panel got offered jobs

Vologda69 wrote: »
    After etray only up to oom 52 got interviewed. Not even sure if all the panel got offered jobs

Thanks for that.

That is pretty low alright for a county the size of Cork. I'd love to know how many of those 52 got offered a position before the panel ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Shels1 wrote: »
    I was high on the oom (1 in inter and 5 in open) following them results and got a message last week calling me to an interview on Monday.

They must just be starting the interviews. The rest of us after the first 90 will be in for a long wait it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 edd_209

No I haven't heard anything from Galway or Mayo. Did far better in the last open but couldn't make the interview at the time. This time round it didn't go as well at all for me so not holding out much hope tbh. Best of luck with yours. Will let you know if I hear from Galway

I emailed them on Friday and they responded that they'd done up to no. 31 on the open panel. They then said that I was called to etray off my OOM from stage 1 Dublin but they haven't reached me on the stage 1 OOM for Galway yet but that when they do, they'll use my etray assessment I did earlier and I'll automatically receive an OOM based on that.

What I don't get though is that my OOM jumped significantly based on my etray performance last time so I was hoping the same would happen for Galway and I'd be close to the beginning of the list after the etray assessment...unless the first OOM was actually just the order in which I'd be sent the etray test...it's all very confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I just got an email asking me to express interest in an interview for Dublin-I was in batch 2 of etray (Feb), and OOM 12x after etray if that helps anyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Em2157 wrote: »
    I just got an email asking me to express interest in an interview for Dublin-I was in batch 2 of etray (Feb), and OOM 12x after etray if that helps anyone :)

Ditto and in the 30's for Interdepartmental but I have withdrawn as I'm close to being called in another competition.

Good luck to everyone going for the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Hi guys, just a quick question for anybody that has done an interview this week, have they asked for the 6 competenices individually? Also have the moved away from competenices at all? Thank you (just trying to finish my prep)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Received message asking if I’m interested in interviewing in Dublin this morning.

Batch 2 of the Etray, was 10x in the OOM. Suppose it’s on to interview preparation now. Anyone who’s done it have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Received message asking if I’m interested in interviewing in Dublin this morning.

Batch 2 of the Etray, was 10x in the OOM. Suppose it’s on to interview preparation now. Anyone who’s done it have any tips?

PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

Does anyone know up to what number they have called to interview for Interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

vic123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know up to what number they have called to interview for Interdepartmental?

I have my interview today. I am in batch 2, under 15 for interdepartmental and under 60 for open if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

Thanks for that info and good luck with the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NeilD

Anyone here work in DEASP? Any feedback on this dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone know if you are allowed to change the selected counties you picked when applying? Also, isn't it unfair you can only select 2 counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LindaMc12345

Hi All, haven’t been on here for a while so apologies if this has been asked before.
    Have they started calling for e-tray in Mayo, and if so, any idea what OOm they are at?
    I’m in the 250’s and haven’t heard anything about etray yet, not holding much hope :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

I received a message to give an expression of interest for one of my Counties (Regional/Outside Dublin). I've replied to say I am interested in going forward to stage 3. I am high up on the OOM. Can anyone advise on how long it takes from this point to interview approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Possibly there are existing civil servants here who might be able to give me some advice:

I am an EO and my 2 years will be up at the end of June allowing me to be eligible for Mobility. I do not like my current position and I am not enjoying it. I loved the CO work. It's not that I am not able for the EO work. Even if I was a CO in my new department, I would not enjoy the work while I would love the EO duties in my old department. I know there are other sections within my current department that the EO work would suit me and I have asked for an internal transfer but nothing is moving on that front. I could be waiting years for a move under mobility. I just don't know if I will last in my current role.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

Hi guys, just a quick question for anybody that has done an interview this week, have they asked for the 6 competenices individually? Also have the moved away from competenices at all? Thank you (just trying to finish my prep)

I did mine this morning and they were very clear which competency they were dealing with throughout. And no, they didn't deviate from competency based at all.

Have to say they were the nicest interview board I've ever faced... Still think I managed to feck it up... Kept going blank on all the examples I was going to use. I'm useless at interviews 🙄

I received a message to give an expression of interest for one of my Counties (Regional/Outside Dublin). I've replied to say I am interested in going forward to stage 3. I am high up on the OOM. Can anyone advise on how long it takes from this point to interview approx?

Not sure of the exact time frame but it seems to be pretty fast going by other posts here. 2 weeks or so.

Can I ask your counties of choice? A lot of us here are waiting to see movement on the regional counties so it would be great to see which ones are moving on. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Was anyone convinced that they had failed interview but actually passed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

blondie007 wrote: »
    Not sure of the exact time frame but it seems to be pretty fast going by other posts here. 2 weeks or so.

Can I ask your counties of choice? A lot of us here are waiting to see movement on the regional counties so it would be great to see which ones are moving on. Thanks a mil.
    Plus one here can’t wait to hear which counties are moving ?

Meath and Louth were choices. The expression of interest was for Louth only.

`Thanks for that & the very best of luck, hope you have your interview very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

Hi All, haven’t been on here for a while so apologies if this has been asked before.
    Have they started calling for e-tray in Mayo, and if so, any idea what OOm they are at?
    I’m in the 250’s and haven’t heard anything about etray yet, not holding much hope :(

I'm about 100 ahead of you and still haven't been called for etray.

I was placed off the 2019 panel a few months ago though so I'm not sure if I'll carry on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LindaMc12345

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I'm about 100 ahead of you and still haven't been called for etray.

I was placed off the 2019 panel a few months ago though so I'm not sure if I'll carry on with it

That’s great, we’ll done on your placement.
    Very slow in Mayo, won’t hold my breath! Thank you

• Advertisement

Emailed PAS this morning-no move in Cork following the etray results. Was told it's a demand led basis & no one's been called to interview yet.
    I'm surprised as Cork has a lot of CS departments based in & around the city & suburbs, not to mind throughout the whole county, along with all the Garda stations.
    More waiting..............

Advertisement