Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

blondie007 wrote: »
    Emailed PAS this morning-no move in Cork following the etray results. Was told it's a demand led basis & no one's been called to interview yet.
    I'm surprised as Cork has a lot of CS departments based in & around the city & suburbs, not to mind throughout the whole county, along with all the Garda stations.
    More waiting..............

Yes, very disheartening

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

I got a message up to express interest in an interview for my regional county (Wexford) on the 7th May. Got another message on the 17th May to give me the interview date and did the interview today. I found it pretty tough but its always hard to know with competency based interviews I find! They said it will be up to 4 weeks before I'll find out how I got on. Fingers crossed time now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Possibly there are existing civil servants here who might be able to give me some advice:

I am an EO and my 2 years will be up at the end of June allowing me to be eligible for Mobility. I do not like my current position and I am not enjoying it. I loved the CO work. It's not that I am not able for the EO work. Even if I was a CO in my new department, I would not enjoy the work while I would love the EO duties in my old department. I know there are other sections within my current department that the EO work would suit me and I have asked for an internal transfer but nothing is moving on that front. I could be waiting years for a move under mobility. I just don't know if I will last in my current role.

Have you applied for the mobility yet?

You don't have to wait until your two years are up. New COs who recently start in my dept are always advised once they get their peoplepoint access to put their names down for different depts or areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

Possibly there are existing civil servants here who might be able to give me some advice:

I am an EO and my 2 years will be up at the end of June allowing me to be eligible for Mobility. I do not like my current position and I am not enjoying it. I loved the CO work. It's not that I am not able for the EO work. Even if I was a CO in my new department, I would not enjoy the work while I would love the EO duties in my old department. I know there are other sections within my current department that the EO work would suit me and I have asked for an internal transfer but nothing is moving on that front. I could be waiting years for a move under mobility. I just don't know if I will last in my current role.

I would apply for all eligible roles and make it clear to anyone who will listen that you are interested in a new opportunity. Try to stay positive about your current job and frame your desire to move as seeking a better match/fit for your skills and experience. Include it in your PMDS as a goal. If you have 2 years EO experience you can also apply for promotion. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

Feel your pain, I’m in a similar position. Started as a brand new EO last July but it’s been the worst 10 months of my life. Again it’s just the section I’m in and if I was a CO there it would still be the same. I have worked as TCO in various other sections and been so happy I them. There is just myself, HEO and AP in my section. The EO role was only created when I started. I have asked HR about moving internally but have been told I need to spend at least 2 years in the section. I applied for mobility also but obviously have to be at least two years there.

I’ve applied for this EO competition all over again and had to register my interest for interview for my county a few weeks ago. Going on when I did the interview for my current EO position which was EO 2019 competition, I did interview in November and I started job in July and I was a bit higher up panel then, I feel it could be a long time yet before any movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AntH971

Had my interview there Monday just gone for Dublin, I feel like it went well and was able to answer everything I was asked about. Seemed like they were finished up on Thursday from the message I got about who would be on each interview board for each day. Anyone have any idea how long it takes before we hear about interview results?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

AntH971 wrote: »
    Had my interview there Monday just gone for Dublin, I feel like it went well and was able to answer everything I was asked about. Seemed like they were finished up on Thursday from the message I got about who would be on each interview board for each day. Anyone have any idea how long it takes before we hear about interview results?

What was your OOM after etray? Just so we know where abouts they are with numbers called?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anyone knows when the next set of etray tests will be carried out?

I am looking for a Dublin based post.

Thanks!

10X in OOM after second e-tray batch and received interview date today for Dublin. What happens if you pass interview? New OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    10X in OOM after second e-tray batch and received interview date today for Dublin. What happens if you pass interview? New OOM?

New OOM based on your interview score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

I had my interview on Thursday for westmeath, im wondering the same. How long till we might hear?

cw67irl wrote: »
    New OOM based on your interview score.

Was stressed about failing first exams, stressed about failing e-tray and now stressed about failing interview. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Was stressed about failing first exams, stressed about failing e-tray and now stressed about failing interview. :pac:

I feel your pain. No way confident after that interview

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AntH971

What was your OOM after etray? Just so we know where abouts they are with numbers called?

I was 8 OOM for Dublin. Not sure how quick they are with calling people though further on. Just hope I’m not waiting long for results, nerve-wracking so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shels1

I was 8 OOM for Dublin. Not sure how quick they are with calling people though further on. Just hope I’m not waiting long for results, nerve-wracking so it is

I did my interview last Monday and they said I should get results within two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 edd_209

How quick is the turnaround between an interview and actually starting? (Assuming you're successful of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

edd_209 wrote: »
    How quick is the turnaround between an interview and actually starting? (Assuming you're successful of course)

Depends on your OOM and how quickly it's moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

The regional results are out. Very very happy here. Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 8 celticlau

Just got my results for Dublin after interview..
    OOM - 7
    Interdepartmental - 1

In batch 2.1

Does this mean I need to wait til people are called in Batch 1? How many batches are in Batch 1? If that makes sense.. like 1.1, 1.2 etc
    Sorry I'm just a bit lost

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Purpletoes wrote: »

What counties were you for ? What Oom after Etray. Hoping to get an idea of where it’s at.
    I am Limerick and Tipp.
    Well done on a good result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Purpletoes wrote: »

Can I ask what day you did your interview and county? I'm sitting waiting on an email to pue me out of my misery of the results of interview. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

celticlau wrote: »
    Just got my results for Dublin after interview..
    OOM - 7
    Interdepartmental - 1

In batch 2.1

Does this mean I need to wait til people are called in Batch 1? How many batches are in Batch 1? If that makes sense.. like 1.1, 1.2 etc
    Sorry I'm just a bit lost

As far as I'm aware, all batch one has been completed. if not they're at the very end of placing people from it.

ETA: Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Can I ask what day you did your interview and county? I'm sitting waiting on an email to pue me out of my misery of the results of interview. Thanks

Did my interview last Wednesday for Dublin and got results this morning. I honestly thought I had messed up the judgement and analysis bit but I ended up passing and getting on the panel. Hopefully your results will be good!

gestappo wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, all batch one has been completed. if not they're at the very end of placing people from it.

ETA: Congratulations!!

Thanks a million! Should be called pretty quickly hopefully then

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

celticlau wrote: »
    Thanks a million! Should be called pretty quickly hopefully then

Congrats on your results. I'm sure you'll be called soon but for more information, you can email the Public Jobs Service to ask about Batch 1 numbers, etc and for an estimate of when you'll be assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

Depends on your OOM and how quickly it's moving.

Also depends on where you're placed. 9 weeks and counting for AGS clearance here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

Did my interview for Wexford on Friday last and just got a message through to say I'd been successful. My OOM is 4 (open) so I'm delighted. Is it just a case of waiting now or how does it work??

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Shinerwx wrote: »
    Did my interview for Wexford on Friday last and just got a message through to say I'd been successful. My OOM is 4 (open) so I'm delighted. Is it just a case of waiting now or how does it work??

Congratulations 😊

Congrats on your results. I'm sure you'll be called soon but for more information, you can email the Public Jobs Service to ask about Batch 1 numbers, etc and for an estimate of when you'll be assigned.

Batch number 1 is all done. They reckon I will be called this week or next week! Wohooo :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Shinerwx wrote: »

Congratulations! Did you get a new OOM?

Advertisement