Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

Thanks tombliboo83! My new OOM is 4. I was 11 after the etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

I received a message to give an expression of interest for one of my Counties (Regional/Outside Dublin). I've replied to say I am interested in going forward to stage 3. I am high up on the OOM. Can anyone advise on how long it takes from this point to interview approx?

Do you mind me asking what number you were before e tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

I had my interview on Thursday for westmeath, im wondering the same. How long till we might hear?
    Interviews still ongoing for Westmeath this week so assume will be a few weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

MiggyB wrote: »
    Interviews still ongoing for Westmeath this week so assume will be a few weeks yet.

I got my results from the interview yesterday morning, I passed and placed within the top 5 so I'm delighted. I emailed pas to see if they have any idea when they might start calling from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Just got an invite to stage 2 E-tray. Not sure whether it’s for Dublin or my regional county, inter-D or open. Just delighted I’ve finally got called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BlueJay424

They've called some more people for Etray, I was in the 1400's for Dublin & got the message there, I thought it was going to be another survey!

Thanks for all the help on this thread everyone, makes the process that little bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

BlueJay424 wrote: »
    They've called some more people for Etray, I was in the 1400's for Dublin & got the message there, I thought it was going to be another survey!

Thanks for all the help on this thread everyone, makes the process that little bit easier.

Must be the Dublin panel I got called for so. I was just over 1000 OOM in open and mid 300s in inter-D. Best of luck to anyone called

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ead_00

Does anyone know how it works in terms of allocating jobs between interdepartmental and open panels? Do the interdepartmental get priority? Have done very well in Wexford open panel after interview, but not sure what that means for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Ead_00 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how it works in terms of allocating jobs between interdepartmental and open panels? Do the interdepartmental get priority? Have done very well in Wexford open panel after interview, but not sure what that means for me now.

There’s 4streams. Open, interdepartmental, internal (if there’s an internal panel) and mobility. They take one from each alternatively as the positions become available

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ead_00

Purpletoes wrote: »
    There’s 4streams. Open, interdepartmental, internal (if there’s an internal panel) and mobility. They take one from each alternatively as the positions become available
    Ah ok, so you need to account for those streams in your positioning too. Thanks for info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Cormy12

Hi everyone, does anyone know roughly up to what no. they called for etray? Im late 500s for interd and mid 1500s for open, think i just missed it, probably be a few months now before the next batch

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭yellowbear

Purpletoes wrote: »
    So if you were OOM 3 in the open competition there would actually be between 8 to 11 people ahead of you on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

yellowbear wrote: »
    So if you were OOM 3 in the open competition there would actually be between 8 to 11 people ahead of you on the list?

Possibly, yes. I’ve been told that it’s done like this in the interest of fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

I got the names of the interview board today, no date for interview yet. Will the interview be soon in anyone's previous experience of getting the same message?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I got called for etray today...i had completely forgotten about it...

Top 30 limerick, top 20 tipperary.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I got the names of the interview board today, no date for interview yet. Will the interview be soon in anyone's previous experience of getting the same message?

Thats very odd I think. I got the interview board details after the interview date was confirmed. Would be worth emailing them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Shinerwx wrote: »
    Thats very odd I think. I got the interview board details after the interview date was confirmed. Would be worth emailing them to check.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

I'm coming up to interview and it's my first PAS interview. Can anyone tell me the structure. Do they tell you when they are examining a particular competency or is it a broad assessment
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I got called for etray today...i had completely forgotten about it...

Top 30 limerick, top 20 tipperary.

Is this for open or interdepartmental?

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Is this for open or interdepartmental?

Open

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

I'm coming up to interview and it's my first PAS interview. Can anyone tell me the structure. Do they tell you when they are examining a particular competency or is it a broad assessment
    Thanks

I had mine last week and they did tell me that the competencies would be split between the interviewers but from what I can remember they didn't tell me which one they were examining as we went along. I tried prepping for specific sample questions but that's nearly a waste of effort i felt. Just list your successes, any challenges you've dealt with, overcoming objections, communication skills, dealing with difficult situations, delivering results etc. If you remember your main achievements you'll be able to fit them as you go along. They also expect you to know the civil service values and have your reasons that you want the job.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

People being called for eTray now, can some of you possibly post your rough OOMs or score so I can estimate if I’m going to be in this batch or the next one. Ugh the waiting is terrible. Hoping to get moving in the next few months.

Oh and for Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

natc wrote: »
    Just got an invite to stage 2 E-tray. Not sure whether it’s for Dublin or my regional county, inter-D or open. Just delighted I’ve finally got called.

Im the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

I had mine last week and they did tell me that the competencies would be split between the interviewers but from what I can remember they didn't tell me which one they were examining as we went along. I tried prepping for specific sample questions but that's nearly a waste of effort i felt. Just list your successes, any challenges you've dealt with, overcoming objections, communication skills, dealing with difficult situations, delivering results etc. If you remember your main achievements you'll be able to fit them as you go along. They also expect you to know the civil service values and have your reasons that you want the job.

Best of luck with it!

Sounds like a strange interview you had. They are quite clear in telling you 'ok moving onto delivery of results' or 'move onto analysis and decision making'.

You don't need reasons as to why you want the job.

Most important thing is STAR method. Situation and task need to be no more than a sentence or two. Most marks are given for what 'you' did - your actions and the result. If you take too long they will want to move on and that can fluster you if that happens.

Yes, know the civil service values. Have examples (one - ideally two) for each sub competency on the EO comp sheet - that is your bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

People being called for eTray now, can some of you possibly post your rough OOMs or score so I can estimate if I’m going to be in this batch or the next one. Ugh the waiting is terrible. Hoping to get moving in the next few months.

Oh and for Dublin :)

From what OOM are people being called from?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Are Dublin being called for the next round etray?

Sounds like a strange interview you had. They are quite clear in telling you 'ok moving onto delivery of results' or 'move onto analysis and decision making'.

You don't need reasons as to why you want the job.

Most important thing is STAR method. Situation and task need to be no more than a sentence or two. Most marks are given for what 'you' did - your actions and the result. If you take too long they will want to move on and that can fluster you if that happens.

Yes, know the civil service values. Have examples (one - ideally two) for each sub competency on the EO comp sheet - that is your bible.

I may just not remember them telling me which competency we were on to be fair! They did definitely ask me why I wanted to work in the civil service tho. Worth saying that they were really nice and put me at ease too.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

I may just not remember them telling me which competency we were on to be fair! They did definitely ask me why I wanted to work in the civil service tho. Worth saying that they were really nice and put me at ease too.

Ah yes! I was already a CO so they didn't ask me that. Thinking back to my CO interview and I may have been asked that.

They were sound though - much nicer than the people who interviewed me for CO. That interview was in person and was more nerve wrecking at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zoejohnston08

Got called for clearance this morning for Dublin. Batch 2.1. Any idea how long clearance usually takes or does it totally depend on your posting? If you were posted to AGS, which I'm seeing takes substantially longer for clearance, would they let you know in that initial email? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

gestappo wrote: »
    Are Dublin being called for the next round etray?

According to this post yes... this person below is 1400s OOM and Dublin, so I’m wondering is anyone with a number over this called, hence the question as to what OOM are they calling up to. In terms of score as sometimes when people ring they either get told score they called up to or guess with numbers called, hoping it’s over 1400 and they continue during next week?
    BlueJay424 wrote: »

Advertisement