Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Has anyone been called for etray for Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

What's the OOM on the interdepartmental Streem that has been called for etray anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

I am 1100 for Dublin and have just been called for the E tray. Are we starting from scratch again with the ranking at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saz1984

When is this competition due to end?

channing90 wrote: »
    I am 1100 for Dublin and have just been called for the E tray. Are we starting from scratch again with the ranking at this point?

Is that from open or interdepartmental stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

gestappo wrote: »
    Is that from open or interdepartmental stream?

The invite doesn’t say if it’s open or Inter-D. My original OOMs for Dublin are just over 1000 open and mid 300s inter-D. They don’t call up to a certain number based on OOM they select a score from the first stage results and anyone who scored that or higher from both streams is called to the next stage.

Hope this helps for anyone asking.

natc wrote: »
    The invite doesn’t say if it’s open or Inter-D. My original OOMs for Dublin are just over 1000 open and mid 300s inter-D. They don’t call up to a certain number based on OOM they select a score from the first stage results and anyone who scored that or higher from both streams is called to the next stage.

Hope this helps for anyone asking.

The OOM we received after stage 1 is completely based on the scores - so scores and OOM are linked.

I'm just trying to ascertain what OOM people are being called for etray from the InterD stream

• Registered Users Posts: 11 edd_209

What exactly do the civil service values refer to?

I've found different documents from the IPA, SIPO and gov.ie when I searched "civil service values" and I'm not sure which ones people mean when they say they're asked about the values

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Interviewing for Dublin this week and I am very nervous about it. I have been practicing my STAR technique and have prepared answers for everything on the competency sheet as well as written down Civil Service values and why I want the position.

How are the interviews, generally speaking? Is it hard to pass them? Hard to fail them? Has anyone here failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 puimcin

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Interviewing for Dublin this week and I am very nervous about it. I have been practicing my STAR technique and have prepared answers for everything on the competency sheet as well as written down Civil Service values and why I want the position.

How are the interviews, generally speaking? Is it hard to pass them? Hard to fail them? Has anyone here failed?

I passed, and I found it to be a little tougher than expected. You're doing great to have the STAR method prepared and your examples for competencies ready.

My interviewers stopped me short quite a bit, and would challenge some of the statements I made. You can't totally prepare for that, so I think they try to see how you react under a little bit of pressure! They went from very smiley and cheerful at the start to quite stern and concerned looking during the actually interview! Just keep calm and be confident in yourself and your examples.

• Advertisement

puimcin wrote: »
    My interviewers stopped me short quite a bit, and would challenge some of the statements I made. You can't totally prepare for that, so I think they try to see how you react under a little bit of pressure! They went from very smiley and cheerful at the start to quite stern and concerned looking during the actually interview! Just keep calm and be confident in yourself and your examples.

When you say challenged the examples, do you mean they asked you for additional ones or did they ask you to elaborate more on the statement or ask for more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

They tend to do that, giving you an opportunity to give them the answer they want in a very limited time. Quite normal and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Just curious has anybody on the westmeath panel have been contacted about clearance for a position yet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

edd_209 wrote: »
    What exactly do the civil service values refer to?

I've found different documents from the IPA, SIPO and gov.ie when I searched "civil service values" and I'm not sure which ones people mean when they say they're asked about the values

Broadly speaking the civil service values are:

• Honesty and Integrity
    • Impartiality
    • Respect for the Law
    • Respect for Persons
    • Diligence
    • Responsiveness
    • Accountability

To understand how they relate to the role of the EO you need to look at the PAS competencie framework: Drive and Commitment to Public Service Values.

https://publicjobs.ie/documents/PAS_CS_Competency_Models_Executive%20Officer.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hanfam11

Has anyone been called for etray in Meath and what number oom they are up to?

They tend to do that, giving you an opportunity to give them the answer they want in a very limited time. Quite normal and nothing to worry about.

It’s 20/50 in each competency to pass, isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

I did tell you this quite clearly in the message I sent you a few days ago. Did you not believe me?

I did tell you this quite clearly in the message I sent you a few days ago. Did you not believe me?

Ah! I’d forgotten you’d PM’d that. I’m frazzled as hell this week stressing about the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Has anyone failed the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Busle wrote: »
    Has anyone failed the interview?

It does happen. Try not to think about it. Just prepare as well as you can prepare and give it your best shot. Failing it is a tomorrow problem, not today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Guys for anyone who has done the Stage 2 etray is a webcam needed?

Just a wee heads up for people... I got my notice that I got on the panel after interview. I got a direct email on Friday with my clearance documents and looked for a response within 3 working days or I would be removed from panel. I never got a notification on my public jobs profile or message board. Just keep an eye on your emails as well as your message board. Easily missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

Skweefie wrote: »
    Just a wee heads up for people... I got my notice that I got on the panel after interview. I got a direct email on Friday with my clearance documents and looked for a response within 3 working days or I would be removed from panel. I never got a notification on my public jobs profile or message board. Just keep an eye on your emails as well as your message board. Easily missed!

Thanks for the heads up! Can I ask if that was on the Dublin panel? I got notification almost two weeks ago that I was on the panel for my regional location (Wexford) but haven't heard anything since. I'm quite high up in the OOM so was hoping it would be quick. Maybe I'm just being a bit over optimistic....

Shinerwx wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! Can I ask if that was on the Dublin panel? I got notification almost two weeks ago that I was on the panel for my regional location (Wexford) but haven't heard anything since. I'm quite high up in the OOM so was hoping it would be quick. Maybe I'm just being a bit over optimistic....

He was clear in stating I was being called for the Interdepartmental stream and I am under 5 in batch 2 for Dublin.

Rikand wrote: »
    It does happen. Try not to think about it. Just prepare as well as you can prepare and give it your best shot. Failing it is a tomorrow problem, not today :)

I've been practicing for mine, but I'm worried that I'm overthinking it at this stage and that I'm psyching myself out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Does anyone know roughly how long clearance is taking

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leitrim_man

Update on Leitrim and Longford.
    Longford has called up to 75 on the OOM and up to 9 in Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is there any update on kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've been practicing for mine, but I'm worried that I'm overthinking it at this stage and that I'm psyching myself out. :pac:

Just adhere to the 6 P's and you should be fine.

6 P's :: Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance :pac:

Advertisement