Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Update on Leitrim and Longford.
    Longford has called up to 75 on the OOM and up to 9 in Leitrim

Hi do you mean longford has been called up to 75 for etray /interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 galwayfla

Does anybody know if interviews for Galway have begun and if so how high OOM they've gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Update on Leitrim and Longford.
    Longford has called up to 75 on the OOM and up to 9 in Leitrim

Hi, can I ask is this for invitation to etray or interview? For Leitrim I was OOM 18 & 8 for Open and Interdepartmental respectively. I was 38 & 10 for Sligo. I was invited for etray, I assumed for both choices, but it did not specify and the results of the etray only gave me OOM for Sligo. So I dont know if I have to do another etray for Leitrim or what is going on with Leitrim for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Hi, has anyone completed the Etray which went live yesterday yet? Any advice? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

LISAMC38 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone completed the Etray which went live yesterday yet? Any advice? TIA

Hi. I was in the batch before yourself and did etray. I found it very manageable; the thing that they seemed to look for is an ability to prioritise tasks according to importance (they also asked me about this at interview so worth keeping that in mind.) Some tasks on etray have to be done sooner than others so keeping track of what needs to be done and when is really important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Hi guys.

Quick question. If you turn down an offer from the open panel does that mean that they'll also bypass you on the interdepartmental panel as well??

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jules86

morrism wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask is this for invitation to etray or interview? For Leitrim I was OOM 18 & 8 for Open and Interdepartmental respectively. I was 38 & 10 for Sligo. I was invited for etray, I assumed for both choices, but it did not specify and the results of the etray only gave me OOM for Sligo. So I dont know if I have to do another etray for Leitrim or what is going on with Leitrim for me?

numbers are for etray, some will have completed interview.

You only do one etray and interview. you wont receive etray results for Leitrim until the batch you would be in for Leitrim receive their results.

if you are called for interview for Sligo you can accept the interview and are off the Leitrim panel or wait for an interview for Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

Had my interview for Dublin interd on Wednesday just gone. Anyone any idea when results should be posted?

jules86 wrote: »
    numbers are for etray, some will have completed interview.

You only do one etray and interview. you wont receive etray results for Leitrim until the batch you would be in for Leitrim receive their results.

if you are called for interview for Sligo you can accept the interview and are off the Leitrim panel or wait for an interview for Leitrim.

Thanks a million for that. Hopefully Sligo starts to move to interview soon. Thanks again for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Just finished my etray. How long did it take for people to get results from it in earlier rounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Had my interview for Dublin interd on Wednesday just gone. Anyone any idea when results should be posted?

I did mine a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and was told it could be up to 4 weeks for result but got my result on the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    Just finished my etray. How long did it take for people to get results from it in earlier rounds?

First batch got results fairly quickly but based on the comments here, it seems they messed them up and some people got incorrect results amended sent within a couple of weeks.

Second batch did their etray in February and there was some mix up with results too and we didn't get ours til May.

There seems to be no rule to it, just a sit and wait unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Pomberg77 wrote: »

Can I ask how you found it and apart from the familiarisation material sent did you use any other site for preparation
    I have been called also
    Please and thanks

Skweefie wrote: »
    I did mine a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and was told it could be up to 4 weeks for result but got my result on the following Monday.

Ok great, thanks a mil for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 edd_209

I did mine on Tuesday and they told me they would get back to me within two weeks

edd_209 wrote: »
    I did mine on Tuesday and they told me they would get back to me within two weeks

Thanks for that. Hopefully won't be too long hearing back so.

T900i wrote: »
    Can I ask how you found it and apart from the familiarisation material sent did you use any other site for preparation
    I have been called also
    Please and thanks

I did my etray in February and did better than expected. My advice to you is DO NOT do too much external practise as it will confuse and overwhelm you. The familiarisation material they send you is exactly what the real test will be like. Keep practising that, I know it may seem pointless after you've done it once, but trust me its the best method. I initially started sourcing other etray examples (and completely freaked myself out!!!) until I was advised by a civil servant pro. to go back to basics and not over complicate things. They send you the familiarisation material for a reason and its a much easier format than the other stuff I sourced. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

I did my etray in February and did better than expected. My advice to you is DO NOT do too much external practise as it will confuse and overwhelm you. The familiarisation material they send you is exactly what the real test will be like. Keep practising that, I know it may seem pointless after you've done it once, but trust me its the best method. I initially started sourcing other etray examples (and completely freaked myself out!!!) until I was advised by a civil servant pro. to go back to basics and not over complicate things. They send you the familiarisation material for a reason and its a much easier format than the other stuff I sourced. Good luck

Agree with this the familiarisation material was perfect.
    1 thing I kept conscious of during the Etray was checking if the work assigned I should be passing back to a clerical officer or completing myself. I felt there was an emphasis on you knowing what’s yours and what someone else’s responsibilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

What’s the process like after interview? Pass/Fail and then new OOM, offered position based on OOM and then do they ask for references or Garda vetting etc.?

I think you may have been reading my mind I was definitely getting a bit freaked out with external etrays.

Your information is extremely helpful thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BC38

What number is called for etray for limerick at the moment?

Agree with this the familiarisation material was perfect.
    1 thing I kept conscious of during the Etray was checking if the work assigned I should be passing back to a clerical officer or completing myself. I felt there was an emphasis on you knowing what’s yours and what someone else’s responsibilities

Thank you that’s some great tips
    Have I read the familiarisation material incorrectly though I thought I only had 2 hours practice window with it and not the opportunity to keep going back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

BC38 wrote: »
    I am 10. - 15 Limerick have done Etray but not called to interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭StevenToast

BC38 wrote: »

I was in top 30 for limerick...did the etray yesterday...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BC38

I was in top 30 for limerick...did the etray yesterday...

Great. How did you find it? I hope to be called soon. Best of Luck with the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nick_Nolte

Anyone called for interview for County Meath yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Hello all,
    Does anyone know how far they are with the Cork panel? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

You can go back into the Familiarisation Material....but there really is no need. It's not as bad as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Did the Etray yesterday. Found it very user-friendly and manageable to complete within the time frame. I had enough time to check I had sent everything so I would advise that there is no need to rush. Of course I'm now second-thinking every multiple choice I made so it will be a long nervous wait for the results :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Confunggled

Does anyone have a direct number for PAS? Or know if they are answering phones or is it email only ?

Advertisement