Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Does anyone have a direct number for PAS? Or know if they are answering phones or is it email only ?

They are not taking calls at all. Email is LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Did my interview there last week for Dublin is it usually two weeks to hear of pass/fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

Hello all,
    Does anyone know how far they are with the Cork panel? TIA

I asked late last week re Cork.this was the reply:
    “Currently calling open oom 46 to stage 2 etray” and “anyone who scored 125 in the test received an order of merit of 46 for Cork”

I’m actually not quite sure what this means except I have not and it seems will not be called!

Also said no plans to call anyone further for Cork but panel will remain open until June 22.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Sooo wrote: »
    I asked late last week re Cork.this was the reply:
    “Currently calling open oom 46 to stage 2 etray” and “anyone who scored 125 in the test received an order of merit of 46 for Cork”

I’m actually not quite sure what this means except I have not and it seems will not be called!

Also said no plans to call anyone further for Cork but panel will remain open until June 22.
    Hope this helps

Cork is very slow moving for both etray & interviews.

I did the etray in Feb (anyone up to OOM 46) & have received the results already.

I emailed regarding being called to interview following these results & was told it was demand led basis & so far no one in Cork had been called to interview . This was a couple of weeks ago so that may have changed hopefully. Hard to believe there are no EO positions available in Cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Any update on Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

Interviews are starting soon on the Cork panel(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Thank you for this !! Appreciate it.

Any idea what OOM (ballpark) they're calling up to please ? At least there's movement now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dgl1980

Can anyone clarify the aptitude tests total score required, to be called for etray for batch 2 in Dublin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Dgl1980 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify the aptitude tests total score required, to be called for etray for batch 2 in Dublin please?

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score XXX

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score XXX

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score XX

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): XXX

That is how the score was delivered after stage 1. Is that answering your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PatMurph

Hi, can you tell me what was your oom, in order for you to get to the interview stage? I'm still waiting for even the e-tray, not even sure if they will call me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PatMurph

Fair play, I'm still waiting myself so I understand the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Are you internal or open?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Are you internal or open?

Interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Dgl1980 wrote: »

I’m Dublin and have just been called for Etray my Open was 13xx and Interdepartmental just under 400 my OOM was in the 120’s is this what your asking?

PatMurph wrote: »
    Hi, can you tell me what was your oom, in order for you to get to the interview stage? I'm still waiting for even the e-tray, not even sure if they will call me now.

I was OOM 4xx in the open and went to interview last week in batch two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shannonboyleex

Does anyone know if Louth has been called for etray or what is the progress for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Abcdefg1234567

Hi, any update on Carlow? Did anyone get called for the e-tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harrb

Hi! Just did etray does anyone know how long it takes normally to find out if you passed? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I was OOM 4xx in the open and went to interview last week in batch two.

Hi Aleece, I have my interview next week and am focussing on competencies and examples for these, just wondering how you found it and what sort of questions you were asked? Were you asked anything about current news or Civil service values/future plans etc? Any advice much appreciated!

harrb wrote: »
    Hi! Just did etray does anyone know how long it takes normally to find out if you passed? Thanks!

Ours took until May (I was in the February batch), so it could take a while? Hopefully the 3rd batch will be quicker though :) good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 harrb

Em2157 wrote: »
    Ours took until May (I was in the February batch), so it could take a while? Hopefully the 3rd batch will be quicker though :) good luck

Brilliant! Thanks so much for Answer! Hopefully it quicker ,once I have result I don't mind how long it take for next stage if i get it or not its the not knowing! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Brilliant! Thanks so much for Answer! Hopefully it quicker ,once I have result I don't mind how long it take for next stage if i get it or not its the not knowing! Thanks!

It took me around 6 weeks. I sat my e-tray around the middle of November and I got my results the week before Christmas. From there I had my interview in late January, had results around two weeks after that and started clearance Mid-March.

Oh I know. It was so frustrating for us February lot, at about 9 weeks they sent us emails notifying a delay- but you'll get there in the end! Hope its not too long before you guys get called for interview too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hi All..
    I emailed PAS on Monday for update as to what’s happening in Sligo. Got reply today saying interviews will be held week beginning 5th of July!!!
    I was told my number would be reached,
    (I’m OOM top 5 open competition)
    I am so delighted things might actually start moving..
    hope this is good news for some of you.

Hi Aleece, I have my interview next week and am focussing on competencies and examples for these, just wondering how you found it and what sort of questions you were asked? Were you asked anything about current news or Civil service values/future plans etc? Any advice much appreciated!

Hi!

They mostly went with the competencies for the interview; but they did ask me what I thought the Civil services values were towards the end and discussed them. It’s a good to have a few notes ready about them to talk about. They also asked a few general questions; did I have hobbies etc.

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Hi!

They mostly went with the competencies for the interview; but they did ask me what I thought the Civil services values were towards the end and discussed them. It’s a good to have a few notes ready about them to talk about. They also asked a few general questions; did I have hobbies etc.
    Thanks so much, that's great! Good luck with your result, hopefully we are both waiting for clearance soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Just completed my etray fingers crossed for a good result

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

AJMG wrote: »
    Hi All..
    I emailed PAS on Monday for update as to what’s happening in Sligo. Got reply today saying interviews will be held week beginning 5th of July!!!
    I was told my number would be reached,
    (I’m OOM top 5 open competition)
    I am so delighted things might actually start moving..
    hope this is good news for some of you.

OMG that's brilliant news, Im OOM top 10 for Open and top 3 for InterD so fingers crossed I get an interview. Good luck :-)

Thanks so much, that's great! Good luck with your result, hopefully we are both waiting for clearance soon!

I’ve heard it’s 1-2 weeks for result, I’m watching my emails obsessively. I was in the batch that had etray results delayed so I’m anxious LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

I emailed PAS for an update on the interview stage for Dublin and they got back to me today to say they have called up to 165 OOM in the open Dublin panel to interview.
    I presume that’s batch 2!

Advertisement