Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Do you get a notification when you finish the é tray? I finished mine at 11.59 with a minute to spare and not sure if it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

channing90 wrote: »
    Do you get a notification when you finish the é tray? I finished mine at 11.59 with a minute to spare and not sure if it went through.

I done mine yesterday but I can’t remember if something flashes up on the screen or not.

I literally finished with a nano second to spare and that’s all I was concerned about

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

Hi all,

I received an email to confirm interest to interview for Dublin yesterday.

Wondering how long it was for people in earlier batches between expression of interest to interview and receiving your interview date? Also did you get a few weeks notice?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SheevPalps

Hi all,

I'm starting as an EO next Monday in Dublin. Just wondering if anyone who has started knows what the story is at the moment regarding inductions, working from home etc due to Covid and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

BB2018 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I received an email to confirm interest to interview for Dublin yesterday.

Wondering how long it was for people in earlier batchs between expression of interest to interview and receiving your interview date? Also did you get a few weeks notice?

Thanks in advance :)

I received the email to confirm interest for interview in Sligo, thank God it's moving.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 masterbenji08

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm starting as an EO next Monday in Dublin. Just wondering if anyone who has started knows what the story is at the moment regarding inductions, working from home etc due to Covid and the like?

Could I ask when you did your interview and when you received results?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

SheevPalps wrote: »
    Hi all,

I did my induction in person and was given a laptop to work from home. I attend site once a week but it only really seems to be my unit that regularly attends site.

Across the board it looks like most work from home but it really just depends what department or unit within the department you get assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Im in DSP. Receiving full training via Skype, screensharing, manuals etc. Im also in the office along with skeleton crew. Have been given option of working from home once I get my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ck97

Hi all. I was given my position assignment this week with DSP.

I’m in 2 minds about it at the moment. Currently I’m a Grade IV in the public service with 27 days AL and the salary scale is similar, although EO does go a bit higher at the end. Losing 4 days AL is a lot to lose. Does the fact that I’m existing servant mean I can carry over my AL of 27 days?

I’ve never done work from home as my job is considered essential so I’ve been in the office everyday. Does anyone know what sort of IT equipment they provide, do they give a laptop and stuff to work off or how does it work?

Thanks your help

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Completed the E-tray during the week. Wasn’t as bad as I had feared. I think manning a public support mailbox dealing with deadlines during the pandemic really helped as I found the pace of the workload very manageable. That doesn’t mean I’ll score well mind you! I wonder how they score or mark the long email you had to compose though? Most of the other work was multiple choice questions or had to be submitted by a certain time so they would be easy for an automated system to mark.

Either way I guess it’s time to wait again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bellemcnally

Has anybody any idea what the wait time for the results of the E-tray is? I hate the not knowing….

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

Keeks101 wrote: »
    I emailed PAS for an update on the interview stage for Dublin and they got back to me today to say they have called up to 165 OOM in the open Dublin panel to interview.
    I presume that’s batch 2!
    They emailed me to say they have called up to 52 OOM for the interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hanfam11

Can anyone explain this to me please....

I thought they pull a third equally from open competition, interdepartmental competition and mobility scheme. So how come they haven't called up to the same numbers in the open v the interdepartmental competition for etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Hanfam11 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain this to me please....

I thought they pull a third equally from open competition, interdepartmental competition and mobility scheme. So how come they haven't called up to the same numbers in the open v the interdepartmental competition for etray?

I would think it is percentage, not total. If 300 people are on the open panel for instance and 100 are on the interdepartmental, 100 would be called from open and 33 from the interdepartmental (if it is 30% or thereabout as is my understanding)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

It’ll be two weeks this Friday since I did interview. The anxiety of not knowing if I passed or failed is doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    It’ll be two weeks this Friday since I did interview. The anxiety of not knowing if I passed or failed is doing my head in.

Can you give me a heads up when you hear something. I did the interview today and am back to the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

channing90 wrote: »

They have updated it since previous years. It auto submits at the end so i'd say you'll be fine

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Can you give me a heads up when you hear something. I did the interview today and am back to the waiting game

Same position as yourself. I’ve been told it’s usually two weeks to get a result and new OOM but some people have heard back within a week.

Same position as yourself. I’ve been told it’s usually two weeks to get a result and new OOM but some people have heard back within a week.

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow and still nothing 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Can anybody shed any light. I'm currently Clerical Officer, I'm on point 9 of the salary scale. I've recently been called for EO in this competition. Which point do I go to on the EO scale. is it the next one up from my current point? EG i'm on 32737 do I go to 33689?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow and still nothing ��

The people interviewed first will have the longest wait, and those at the end the shortest. How else can they give the OOM until everyone is interviewed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Can anybody shed any light. I'm currently Clerical Officer, I'm on point 9 of the salary scale. I've recently been called for EO in this competition. Which point do I go to on the EO scale. is it the next one up from my current point? EG i'm on 32737 do I go to 33689?

Thanks

You'll start on €35,664. You go to the amount on the EO scale above your current one - €33,689, & then up another one. Nice !!

The people interviewed first will have the longest wait, and those at the end the shortest. How else can they give the OOM until everyone is interviewed. :pac:

You make sense but doesn't make me any less impatient waiting on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

blondie007 wrote: »
    You'll start on €35,664. You go to the amount on the EO scale above your current one - €33,689, & then up another one. Nice !!

There are some exceptions to this. My current role is CO grade but with allowances. My basic is almost identical to EO however if i was to move to EO grade I dont get that plus one increment.. its an odd system!

Oh wow. Even better!

cw67irl wrote: »
    There are some exceptions to this. My current role is CO grade but with allowances. My basic is almost identical to EO however if i was to move to EO grade I dont get that plus one increment.. its an odd system!

I'm not on any allowance at the moment

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow and still nothing ��

Hope it's not delayed like the etray. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Do you know if this apply if your moving from EO to AO? I am currently on point 1 of the EO scale but I am in a batch awaiting to be called for clearance for AO.

Hope it's not delayed like the etray. :pac:

Hopefully not. My result was delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tyg.10

Buster97 wrote: »
    Do you know if this apply if your moving from EO to AO? I am currently on point 1 of the EO scale but I am in a batch awaiting to be called for clearance for AO.

Yes it is the same. If you're on step 1 of the EO scale and get promoted to AO you will start on step 2 of that scale. Which is currently €35,546

Advertisement