Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Em2157 wrote: »
    Did you hear too? How did you get on Aleece?

I heard today too and got an OOM under 10. Delighted :)

Edit: Just saw you passed, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LD23

I got my results for Open comp Dublin interview this morning. Batch 2.2. Did far better than I thought, and passed! Good luck all :)

I'm the same, thought the interview went badly so pleasantly surprised!

LD23 wrote: »

Congrats! Now we’re all back to playing the waiting game. Hope we won’t be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Could anyone advise how to get a copy of completed application form which includes competencies. I have the updated Adobe version and not for love nor money can I get this. The one I saved is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I heard today too and got an OOM under 10. Delighted :)

Edit: Just saw you passed, congrats!

Brilliant, I got an OOM under 20, so seems we were both worrying for nothing! Let us know when you hear anything further :) Now to celebrate!

• Advertisement

LD23 wrote: »

Well done!! Ah, smiles all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

T900i wrote: »
    Could anyone advise how to get a copy of completed application form which includes competencies. I have the updated Adobe version and not for love nor money can I get this. The one I saved is the same.

If you log in to publicjobs and go to the 'my applications' tab it should be there?

If you log in to publicjobs and go to the 'my applications' tab it should be there?

I’ve tried this unfortunately I’m getting a message that says if you can’t open this download Adobe etc..
    I have the most updated version I can’t understand this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

I’ve tried this unfortunately I’m getting a message that says if you can’t open this download Adobe etc..
    I have the most updated version I can’t understand this at all
    Same thing happened me did you email pas and ask have they got it ?
    They sent me on instructions on how to do it

Same thing happened me did you email pas and ask have they got it ?
    They sent me on instructions on how to do it

Thank you so much I’ve only realised this, this evening I’ll email in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, you’d be absolutely lost without the advice on this thread sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 VintageDenim

Hey all, just wondering about references? I don't remember giving references in my application (although I could be mistaken as it was back in August) But do they contact you before checking the references? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Thank you so much I’ve only realised this, this evening I’ll email in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, you’d be absolutely lost without the advice on this thread sometimes
    It’s possible that they have it but you just can’t see it at your end did you complete the form on the same device as you use now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You have to use the exact viewer they say or it won't open. How PAS have managed this with something that is meant to be a universal format is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amobiscuits

Does anyone know if I'm currently on Point 6 of the CO scale, will I just move to Point 1 of the EO scale?
    Or is there a chance I could be put on Point 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does anyone know if I'm currently on Point 6 of the CO scale, will I just move to Point 1 of the EO scale?

Correction: Sorry I was looking at the higher scale. Pretty sure you'll be on point 1 but I have heard tell of it being the closest point on the scale +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

You move to the amount just above your current salary(€29,751) which in your case happens to be point 1 on the EO Scale (€30,884) , plus 1 point , which will mean you'll be on point 2 starting as an EO - €32.677

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sneddles20

Hi , got interview results and got OOM 29 on open, batch 2 for Dublin Is there much likelyhood of being called soon, or at all? Never applied before and work in private sector, Unsure of how system works?

Sneddles20 wrote: »
    Hi , got interview results and got OOM 29 on open, batch 2 for Dublin Is there much likelyhood of being called soon, or at all? Never applied before and work in private sector, Unsure of how system works?

Are you batch 2.1 or batch 2.2?

It’s possible that they have it but you just can’t see it at your end did you complete the form on the same device as you use now?

If I’m honest the only thing I can say for certain is that I never use my department device
    I shave a choice of personal devices to use which I used last August is mystic meg stuff
    I’ll email them as suggested I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this error message before
    Thank you to everyone for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robyn1991

Hi everyone I am new here. Firstly congratulations on everyone who has passed so far. Things seem to be speeding up.

I’m in Dublin and got my results on Friday from my interview (batch 2.2) my OOM is under 7. Anyone any idea how long it takes to be placed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Hi everyone, I also passed the interview on Friday and am in batch 2.2, my OOM is after everyone mentioned here (congratulations to you all :D) so i'm hoping you are all reached fairly fast! Hard knowing there's a job coming but not being able to hand in notice yet as its so slow :pac:

Robyn1991 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am new here. Firstly congratulations on everyone who has passed so far. Things seem to be speeding up.

I’m in Dublin and got my results on Friday from my interview (batch 2.2) my OOM is under 7. Anyone any idea how long it takes to be placed?

We’re very close in OOMs, I’m under 10.

I’m wondering how long it’ll take us to get placed too; I’m not entirely sure if batch 2.1 have all been placed yet or if they’re still working through it.

Was just emailed to give references and documents as I’m under consideration.

For three years references is that just paid employment or also volunteer work? Is it the entire three years? And if self-employed then is it my own name as reference? A bit confused.

Hi all, so I have passed interview with OOM under 20 on Friday. My manager came to me today asking if I'd like to stay in the team as an EO just got promotion to HEO and there is an opening. I love my job now, so I'm so pleased. Does anyone know how this works? I know my AP is going to speak to HR now, but would I still have to go through Garda and ref checks or can they literally just change me from CO to EO if its approved?

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Was just emailed to give references and documents as I’m under consideration.

For three years references is that just paid employment or also volunteer work? Is it the entire three years? And if self-employed then is it my own name as reference? A bit confused.
    I gave 2 professional and one personal reference for CO. Have they asked for every job from the last 3 years? Or just for 2 references from people you have worked for/with in the last few years? I'd ask PAS to clarify perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Hi all, so I have passed interview with OOM under 20 on Friday. My manager came to me today asking if I'd like to stay in the team as an EO just got promotion to HEO and there is an opening. I love my job now, so I'm so pleased. Does anyone know how this works? I know my AP is going to speak to HR now, but would I still have to go through Garda and ref checks or can they literally just change me from CO to EO if its approved?

As far as I know that's very straight forward and there would be no additional delay for clearance seeing as you already work there. That's a great outcome. Do you mind saying what location that's for? Congrats

morrism wrote: »
    As far as I know that's very straight forward and there would be no additional delay for clearance seeing as you already work there. That's a great outcome. Do you mind saying what location that's for? Congrats

Hi, I work in Justice, it's a great team and I really enjoy my work, so I'm hoping it goes smoothly and I get to just stay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Hi, can anybody tell me did we fill out an application form of competencies for this competition? My memory is just the worst and I can’t remember doing one and there’s none on my public jobs in the ‘my applications’ part. But I’ve seen people mention them on here. Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Keeks101 wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody tell me did we fill out an application form of competencies for this competition? My memory is just the worst and I can’t remember doing one and there’s none on my public jobs in the ‘my applications’ part. But I’ve seen people mention them on here. Any help would be appreciated!

I had the same panic about 3 weeks ago!

There is a part A on the form and a part C on the form. We did not fill out competencies on the application form and there is no part B. I am assuming it is a generic application form with the competencies part removed before distribution to candidates.

They are being mentioned here in preparation for the interview when it is very definitely run through on the competencies; team leadership, management and delivery of results, judgement analysis and decision making and commitment to public service values.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Skweefie wrote: »
    I had the same panic about 3 weeks ago!

There is a part A on the form and a part C on the form. We did not fill out competencies on the application form and there is no part B. I am assuming it is a generic application form with the competencies part removed before distribution to candidates.

They are being mentioned here in preparation for the interview when it is very definitely run through on the competencies; team leadership, management and delivery of results, judgement analysis and decision making and commitment to public service values.

Thanks so much I had such a panic there too! Thinking they would have my application that I can’t remember filling out haha. But that’s great at least I know I’m not going crazy now!

Does anybody have any tips on the interview? Is it much like the CO interviews but more in detail? And does it really go on for the full 40 minutes? That’s daunting for me!

Advertisement