Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vic123

Got a message today asking if I am still interested in an interview for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

jules86 wrote: »
    We didn't fill in competencies for this competition but you may have for another competition
    You can get the competencies on PAS website or just Google them
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/EOInformationBooklet2020.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiP5cT9w8HxAhXLUMAKHQsfDegQFjACegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw3aRk5aPHzVbaFHe3RP256z

Thank you I think that’s what’s wrong I’m getting mixed up with different competitions I’m starting to feel like a juggler

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MagaBot

T900i wrote: »
    I’ve tried this unfortunately I’m getting a message that says if you can’t open this download Adobe etc..
    I have the most updated version I can’t understand this at all

I used Foxit PDF Reader to fill out the forms and they opened and saved fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I did an etray with a deadline date of 17th june....so just over 2 weeks ago...

When can we expect a result? Today maybe?

Gestappo...youre the man in the know?!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Skweefie wrote: »
    I wasn't at all being snide!! My apologies if it came across that way! I have seen your posts throughout this thread I was just offering my opinion. Your comment was anecdotal though. I was offering my anecdotal response too!

Edit: I was offering my story about how simple it was for me. I was engaging in a discussion, or so I thought. I have never seen happen what you have described, your experience is just that, an experience! Seriously, didn't meant to come across as anything other than that. People come here to get people's feedback on the experience. You gave yours and I gave mine. I don't see why you are coming at me this way to be honest.

Thank you both for all of your input and advice. I had an email from my HR to say they have put in the request to PAS, and that usually they would meet the request but it isn't guaranteed. They said they would be in touch as soon as they hear anything, so I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again to all of those who took time to provide input/ their story on this. Seems it isn't clear cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Em2157 wrote: »
    Thank you both for all of your input and advice. I had an email from my HR to say they have put in the request to PAS, and that usually they would meet the request but it isn't guaranteed. They said they would be in touch as soon as they hear anything, so I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again to all of those who took time to provide input/ their story on this. Seems it isn't clear cut!

Hopefully it goes smoothly for you... I'm heading on my shorter working year today and am starting in my new unit at the end of the break so it worked out really well for me and I am hoping the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I did an etray with a deadline date of 17th june....so just over 2 weeks ago...

When can we expect a result? Today maybe?

Gestappo...youre the man in the know?!

I emailled PAS on the subject and they said they expect the results to issue at the end of July. It gives us a good wait for them 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Danger3000

Hi, I am new to this thread and all this info is great!
    I have a couple of questions if anyone has any info!

I got a message yesterday about an interview in Dublin, my other county is Westmeath.
    Does anyone know what OOM they have called to interview in Westmeath? ( I am OOM mid 60's there)

Secondly, if I express interest in an interview for Dublin how long will it be until the actual interview?

Lastly, I presume there are way more jobs going in Dublin so that is probably the most likely route to a job?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Danger3000 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this thread and all this info is great!
    I have a couple of questions if anyone has any info!

I got a message yesterday about an interview in Dublin, my other county is Westmeath.
    Does anyone know what OOM they have called to interview in Westmeath? ( I am OOM mid 60's there)

Secondly, if I express interest in an interview for Dublin how long will it be until the actual interview?

Lastly, I presume there are way more jobs going in Dublin so that is probably the most likely route to a job?

Thanks!

I dont think the latest batch called to etray(waiting results) would have quite reached your number in Westmeath (i think someone on this thread mentioned 50s but check with PAS)

Presuming you are successful at interview I would think you could be EO Dublin by september.
    No guarantee you would be EO Westmeath by next September, if they reach your number at all.

Can I ask how long it was from when you confirmed your interest in being interviewed to the actual interview taking place?

• Advertisement

Robyn1991 wrote: »
    I was in the last batch of interviews for Dublin (2.2) and my interview was 2 weeks ago. I was OOM 14X.

Can I ask how long it was from when you confirmed your interest in being interviewed to the actual interview taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robyn1991

Danger3000 wrote: »

7-10 days later they gave me a date for an interview. By the time I did the interview it was 3 weeks. Then by the time the results it was 5 weeks in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Congratulations to all who have passed the interview stage. Can I ask how the interview was concluded? Did you ask questions or did the panel bring the interview to a close?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

cw67irl wrote: »
    I emailled PAS on the subject and they said they expect the results to issue at the end of July. It gives us a good wait for them 😭😭

I got the same reply when I emailed them too.......I hate the waiting game!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Skweefie wrote: »
    Hopefully it goes smoothly for you... I'm heading on my shorter working year today and am starting in my new unit at the end of the break so it worked out really well for me and I am hoping the same for you.

Thanks! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Robyn1991

I know it’s been asked on here but can anyone tell me approx how long were they waiting for their Garda vetting to be cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Robyn1991 wrote: »
    I know it’s been asked on here but can anyone tell me approx how long were they waiting for their Garda vetting to be cleared?

About a week or so for standard vetting, sometimes it's days. Enhanced vetting can take months if you've been placed with AGS for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

With all the talk here about trying to stay in the same department you’re in, has anyone any experience of asking PAS if you can get a specific department within your county?

I’m already an EO from the last competition but had my heart set on a particular department which I worked in as TCO before. I didn’t get it so applied all over again in the hope I might get it second time around. I’ve passed my interview now so just waiting and hoping there’s a chance I get the department I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

keanocar wrote: »
    With all the talk here about trying to stay in the same department you’re in, has anyone any experience of asking PAS if you can get a specific department within your county?

I’m already an EO from the last competition but had my heart set on a particular department which I worked in as TCO before. I didn’t get it so applied all over again in the hope I might get it second time around. I’ve passed my interview now so just waiting and hoping there’s a chance I get the department I want.

You can email and put in a preference, email clearance@publicjobs.ie. Just be mindful there may not be vacancies in that department when they reach you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

How long is clearance taking for you guys? I’m currently in the review stage of clearance and it’s taking 2 weeks to look over my docs, I was told it was only going to take 1-2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

keanocar wrote: »

Find out your position on the panel and whether you are next to be placed or not. If you find out that you are the next person in, contact the HR of the department you want to get in to and see if they can tag you for them. It might help, it might not, but if you dont ask, you won't get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zoejohnston08

nicchick88 wrote: »
    How long is clearance taking for you guys? I’m currently in the review stage of clearance and it’s taking 2 weeks to look over my docs, I was told it was only going to take 1-2 days.

I'm 4 weeks into the review stage myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Has anyone above OOM 10 been contacted about references yet in 2.2? I'm in the 40's so just wondering how long it might be until they reach me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VintageDenim

Has anyone above OOM 10 been contacted about references yet in 2.2? I'm in the 40's so just wondering how long it might be until they reach me!

Hey I'm in the mid 20s and have just submitted my references etc. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Hey I'm in the mid 20s and have just submitted my references etc. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long ��

Thanks a million! They seem to be moving quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Any updates on Cork interviews please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlie38

Hi is there any updates on Offaly/Westmeath. Has many been placed from batch 1 yet after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭furrybones

Charlie38 wrote: »
    Hi is there any updates on Offaly/Westmeath. Has many been placed from batch 1 yet after interview?

At the start of June they had called up to OOM 21 from the Offaly open stream to stage 2, but I'm not sure how many have been placed.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

They asked me for all the docs in one go. References, University degree, ID etc.

I’m currently waiting on Garda vetting. They said around a week for it but would be surprised if it’s not longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

Does anyone know when a new competition would be expected to open for eo position in 2021? I assume this competition will be closed soon?

Advertisement