Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Hi I'm in the open competition. Good luck going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SayraBrady

E-tray results in for Meath and I'm placed no 3 in batch 2 for Open and placed 1st in Interdepartmental.

Anyone an update or know how the Meath is fairing out? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Does anyone know what the time frame is for the results of the interview? I had my interview last Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

My interview was the 30th july and I'm still waiting. I'm hopeful that we'll here this week as that would fit the 2 week timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Interview results for Mayo just released. Hope anyone getting results is happy with what they get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Results marked harder then I thought but I passed and am top 5 so can’t complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Got results for Limerick very happy thought the interview panel were very fair. Happy to get results after a week only now back to waiting again. Hope everyone was happy that got results today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EllR89

Anyone have any update on the Cavan open panel any interviews taking place

• Registered Users Posts: 5 3029G

Hi guys, was hoping someone could shed some light on how the batches / oom work.

I passed the interview and was given an oom within the top 10 for my batch in Dublin, but I have never been through this process before and so have 0 idea of what this actually translates to. Can anyone tell me how likely I am to get placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SC2021

Got results for Donegal today - had interview on Friday - extremely happy😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

I got my Etray results I’m batch 3 Dublin

OOM’s 12x open & 3x interdepartmental

At a best guess would anyone have an idea of timeframe for interview, I’m really hoping for a month due to back surgery in the last few days and really hoping this won’t go against me as I’ve an excellent absence record.

I’ve no chance of a letter from my GP stating isolated incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

I am order of merit 30s of Batch 3 for Dublin and I’m hopefully we’ll hear by the end of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Invite for E-tray out today for Laois/Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

What's the story with Limerick OOM at the moment - have they called anyone to etray beyond 50 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

Is that for the open stream? Does anyone know to what number they are calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

I’m on the open for Mayo, OOM 13X and got the invite to E-tray today if that’s any indication for other counties though I’m not sure 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

Emailed PAS

They’re still interviewing Batch 2 for Dublin at the moment, wouldn’t say what bracket they were up to yet or how many is in the batch but just that they were still doing Batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

Does anyone know how many candidates are placed in each batch?

Have I seen something posted before that a position can be declined if it is a certain distance from their home? Can anyone clarify this for me please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Hi All. I am wondering if anyone in Batch 1 for Longford have been placed yet? Or does anyone know how far along they are in Batch 1. Any hope for those of us in Batch 2 ☺️ Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

I think I remember seeing on here that if the position you are offered is further than 45km from your home then you can turn it down and not be removed from the panel, otherwise if you turn it down then you are taken off the panel.

Yeah I was thinking that but wasn't sure of the distance. Thanks for clearing it up. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Hi everyone, I have been selected to complete the Etray exercise. Can anyone recommend a good site to practice additional Etray tests.

Can someone please clear something up for me. I have been placed on BOTH the open panel and interdepartmental panel for my chosen county after interview. If I'm offered a position from the open panel and for some reason decline, does that mean I'd also be skipped on the interdepartmental as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SC2021

I would advise not to practice the eTray too much and not to overthink it. The practice one you get through Public Jobs before your etray will be pretty similar to what you’ll get on the day. You only get one chance to do the practice one so ensure to do it when you have peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Hi , asking for friend

They are 33 in Batch 2 for Kildare but offered an interview for Dublin which needs to be accepted or declined by 13th Aug (2 days time)

If they accept Dublin interview , they’re off the list for Kildare

They live in south Kildare .. Dublin commute 1 + hour

just wondering what the general consensus is around what they should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

I had this myself and Pas told me how many were ahead of me I decided to decline and wait but my Oom was top ten for both so there were only 3 ahead of me so decision was easier

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

If I can give you any advice it would be not to practice the etray too much and definitely don't source practice tests on the internet. Do the one that PAS send you, you can keep doing it even though its the same test. Doing multiple types of etray will only confuse you and you will be focusing on the wrong things. Keep it simple. Its exactly like the sample that PAS send you.

Question for the more experienced of you who have dealt with panels before. Is it possible to put your place on a panel on hold for a period of time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

I think it was a bit harsh on her , they emailed yesterday asking her to accept or decline the Dublin interview with a decision deadline of 9am tomorrow.

She emailed and called PAS today to ask where they were with the Kildare list and no one came back to her.

So she’s in a knot this evening over what to do

Advertisement