Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Bring the laptop.

I received the email to do the online assessment while I was overseas 2 years ago on holidays.
    It rained that day... So I found a library and using Google Translate I did the test... fast forward ..

I'm an EO in a fantastic area of Civil Service.

I have received a promotion and 2 pay increments.
    I have had the opportunity to study and sit 2 lots of professional exams due to amazing educational opportunities.
    I have done countless workshops on improving skills to be the best I can possibly be in my role.

I can safely say I will be a Civil Servant for as long as I am welcome and needed in my employment.
    It was the best decision I have ever made.

What kind of educational opportunities are there? Are there eligibility criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Has anybody received the invitation to do the online test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Has anybody received the invitation to do the online test ?

You won’t receive it until the 17th at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Does anyone have any experience with doing the Stage 1 assessment on a mobile device? I will be away for the next two weeks and really don't want to have to bring my laptop with me just to do a questionnaire.

Haven’t tried it on a mobile device but personally I wouldn’t chance it. Even if a practice test might work on a mobile device it is no guarantee the actual assessment will. Bring the laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrs_T

MFPM wrote: »
    All HEO panels are internal only, you can apply after two years as an EO.

Youu can apply after 2 years in any lower grade. It doesn't have to be EO, I know if quite a few people who were promoted from CO to EO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

What kind of educational opportunities are there? Are there eligibility criteria?

It all depends on the department you are in , but internal competitions come up all the time.
    For me, I have studied and sat FE1’s. I was given Study and Exam leave.

I have studied and sat taxation exams with ITI, with Study and Exam leave given.
    Many departments have a training department that will assess and review your education requests. If they deem them suitable, some fee’s may be reduced, plus exam and study leave granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrs_T

Thanks for reply, any idea why they ask for salary on application form then?

Wondering when they see in an interview your on a much higher salary, would that put a question in their mind why you applying or show them you really want the job and would take a pay cut.

I think it's generally accepted that people will accept a pay cut to get into the Civil Service because of the other benefits you get. I went into the service as a CO and took a substantial pay cut, nothing was asked in the interview at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soupdragon01

I've yet to receive any email since the competition closed. Anyone else in the same boat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

we are all waiting till next Mon. the 17th for the first assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soupdragon01

we are all waiting till next Mon. the 17th for the first assessment

Thanks, thought people had received an email with the date and practice material and was just worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Thanks, thought people had received an email with the date and practice material and was just worried

Ah great! Reason I came here. It was to find this out, as I was under the impression we had to have the test completed by the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

Ah great! Reason I came here. It was to find this out, as I was under the impression we had to have the test completed by the 17th.

That was the impression given in the original booklet but apparently it was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

MFPM wrote: »
    That was the impression given in the original booklet but apparently it was an error.

Thought I was going mad. Thanks. No panic so.

Familirisation link for stage 1 is now on public jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

gestappo wrote: »

Does that mean you got a message about the 1st stage?

Does that mean you got a message about the 1st stage?

I got a text and email to log onto publicjobs and check my messages.

Did you not receive it?

The live assessment window from 5pm on Monday, 17th August 2020 until 1pm on
    Tuesday, 25th August 2020 gives you every opportunity to ensure you are able to access and
    complete the Assessment Questionnaire.
    The assessment will close at 1pm on Tuesday, 25th August 2020.

So from 5pm Monday it's live

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi guys, I didn’t receive email or text with practice info etc. I wonder does that mean I haven’t got through to first stage? Anyone know?

Poppy2019 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I didn’t receive email or text with practice info etc. I wonder does that mean I haven’t got through to first stage? Anyone know?

It might be phased mailing?

Has anyone else received this mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It might be phased mailing?

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

Not yet, nerves shredded now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Wait until your waiting on interview results and they message you, only to login and find out it's a survey!

Wait until your waiting on interview results and they message you, only to login and find out it's a survey!

I'm sure my whole building heard me cursing them out of it last year for doing this :pac:

I'm sure my whole building heard me cursing them out of it last year for doing this :pac:

Been there! And I work in the civil service, I should be used to it by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

got my text an hour ago too

Just got my email/text now.

Mulligan11 wrote: »
    Just got my email/text now.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Poppy2019 wrote: »

I got the email just now so they are doing them in phases.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got the email just now so they are doing them in phases.

Yea just got mine there a few mins ago too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

I just got mine as well. Phew....

Advertisement