Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

La Bamba wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that 1a is not a time sensitive task? Maybe I missed it but I cant seem to find any info to say it is?

Time sensitive - it should take around 60mins but once you start you have to finish it. But you have til Tues 25th to start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Just got the link to the test there. Going to leave it until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Yep got it too, 26mins shy of my estimated time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi
    I've just received mine - yikes! :)

Leaving this until tomorrow morning - when it's nice an quiet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

All departments. Less so Revenue as I believe they have their own competitions. Department of Social Protection is a big one though and I've heard they're short on staff.

Revenue staff will be pulled from this competition too. There are huge amounts due to retire this year and next.

I’d much rather be an EO in Revenue than DEASP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CucamarMor

No e-mail yet

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Uncle_Joe

Same, I have yet to receive the email so I did as instructed and sent them a mail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

I emailed at 5.05 to say I hadn't received the link yet. It arrived at 20 past. Maybe send a quick email.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loubox

Just sent an email there so fingers crossed it arrives soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

336699 wrote: »
    Revenue staff will be pulled from this competition too. There are huge amounts due to retire this year and next.

Thanks for this I'm hoping for revenue, even though they did run their own eo comp end of 2019 there doesn't appear to be much recruitment from it for outside of Dublin this year. Hope the second half of 2020 will be more promising.

Just got the email too. Goodluck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Why out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Anyone any idea if there are practice assessment questionnaires besides the familiarisation material they provide?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Anyone else still not got an email?!

Never got the link so just emailed them a few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭McSween

I got email. I havent had a huge amount of time to read through familiarisation yet.

Am i correct in saying that this initial questionnaire is not against the clock? Ie we dont have 15 minutes to complete it? It says it can be logged back into for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got the email too. Good luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

job seeker wrote: »
    Why out of curiosity?

Dept. Social Protection has a lot of 'customer' facing roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

job seeker wrote: »
    Why out of curiosity?

Spot on!

Plus, I’m a CO in Revenue and I really enjoy working there.

Just got the email with the link for Stage 1(a), best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

As an EO all the "difficult" customers will be passed to you too.

Just got the link. Good look everybody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Loubox

Just got mine an hour after emailing.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

Hmm still waiting.. Guess if I don't get it in the next hour it's time to email

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea got mine about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone on the Irish language EO panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jaqqq

Got my link today and was going through the familiarisation material just there. I did this similar type of assessment for the Clerical Officer recruitment earlier in the year and didn't do too well so just wondering if anyone on here is aware of how to answer 'well' in these type of aptitude assessments?

For example, when they are asking you to respond on whether you are ambitious or punctual, is it 'better' to maybe rank yourself in the middle of the scale for some of these type of questions instead of saying you're great at all of these things?

Also, on the scenario questions, am I correct in understanding that in each scenario we can give more than one of the same descriptions to each scenario. For example, if you feel there are two 'bad responses' in the one scenario, it is ok to mark both as bad? Its not a case that we need to rank each option from excellent to bad?

I am guessing that the general idea one must have for these scenarios is that you must pick what is the best course of action for working at this level, i.e. if the scenario describes something you feel should be dealt with by a superior, then selecting that option is the 'correct' answer?

Any other tips for this would be really appreciated, especially on the questions where you must describe your own personality. I'm just wary from my last experience that answering these things can go pear-shaped without you really knowing what they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Spot on!

Plus, I’m a CO in Revenue and I really enjoy working there.

Just got the email with the link for Stage 1(a), best of luck everyone
    doc22 wrote: »
    As an EO all the "difficult" customers will be passed to you too.

Thanks folks! I just applied for both Galway and Dublin without even putting any thought into it. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

jaqqq wrote: »
    Got my link today and was going through the familiarisation material just there. I did this similar type of assessment for the Clerical Officer recruitment earlier in the year and didn't do too well so just wondering if anyone on here is aware of how to answer 'well' in these type of aptitude assessments?

For example, when they are asking you to respond on whether you are ambitious or punctual, is it 'better' to maybe rank yourself in the middle of the scale for some of these type of questions instead of saying you're great at all of these things?

Also, on the scenario questions, am I correct in understanding that in each scenario we can give more than one of the same descriptions to each scenario. For example, if you feel there are two 'bad responses' in the one scenario, it is ok to mark both as bad? Its not a case that we need to rank each option from excellent to bad?

I am guessing that the general idea one must have for these scenarios is that you must pick what is the best course of action for working at this level, i.e. if the scenario describes something you feel should be dealt with by a superior, then selecting that option is the 'correct' answer?

Any other tips for this would be really appreciated, especially on the questions where you must describe your own personality. I'm just wary from my last experience that answering these things can go pear-shaped without you really knowing what they are looking for.

Just be honest. This is to see if this job is a good fit for you. Not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cqkylie

Anyone on the Irish language EO panel?

Yup I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I just got the email a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

I just got the email a few minutes ago.

Got it since myself

Advertisement