Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

336699 wrote: »
    The info booklet states that they do not envisage that appointments will be made from this competition after June 2022.

We might have a chance so !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Ya was in for the 2019 comp. Westmeath was county got called for. Batch 1.4 order of merit 2. Can't find out tho what batch they working off at the mo.

Well done - and good luck with your new role. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Wel hopefully ye have one less competing for an EO position in this competition. Got called and passed interview and just waiting to be placed. Hopefully hear sumtin in nxt few weeks.

Was that an internal or a previous comp? If you dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AingealM

Completed Stage 1(a) (Assessment Questionnaire) last week and I definitely submitted it but I haven't received any confirmation email or message on my publicjobs board. Anybody else in the same boat, or should I have some sort of confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

AingealM wrote: »
    Completed Stage 1(a) (Assessment Questionnaire) last week and I definitely submitted it but I haven't received any confirmation email or message on my publicjobs board. Anybody else in the same boat, or should I have some sort of confirmation?

It specifically stated on the last page of the assessment that you will receive no confirmation email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

AingealM wrote: »

wHwNa6K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I hope for the 'attention to detail' option ye put 'not very like me' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

cw67irl wrote: »
    Was that an internal or a previous comp? If you dont mind me asking

Was the 2019 comp. No guarantee will be placed but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Josuke

marvin80 wrote: »
    I hope for the 'attention to detail' option ye put 'not very like me' :D

Psst marvin.. you're not supposed to discuss the questions from the test or you'll get disqualified. Were you not paying attention? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

Hi all! Does anyone know if you are already in the Public Sector do you still have to start at point 1 of the scale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Almen11 wrote: »
    Hi all! Does anyone know if you are already in the Public Sector do you still have to start at point 1 of the scale?

If you have experience at EO level then you can use that for incremental credit, at least that's how it works for COs.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

No, if your salary is above the starting point, you'll start on your current salary or the nearest salary point on the EO scale. Ask DPER about leave entitlements too. I have two colleagues who came in as EOs to the CS from the Public Service and they carried their more favourable leave entitlements with them.

https://hr.per.gov.ie/policy/requirement-policy/starting-pay-on-recruitment/

rostalof wrote: »
    No, if your salary is above the starting point, you'll start on your current salary or the nearest salary point on the EO scale. Ask DPER about leave entitlements too. I have two colleagues who came in as EOs to the CS from the Public Service and they carried their more favourable leave entitlements with them.

https://hr.per.gov.ie/policy/requirement-policy/starting-pay-on-recruitment/

Great thank you! I'm at Grade 1 in my current role (third level education) on around 30k at point 5 and the grade 2 scale starts at 38k, so I'd imagine I would start at point 1. (If I were lucky enough to be offered a role that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

I wonder will they issue results of this and then 1b or just straight to 1b? Seems a waste of effort to issue results first.

Great thank you! I'm at Grade 1 in my current role (third level education) on around 30k at point 5 and the grade 2 scale starts at 38k, so I'd imagine I would start at point 1. (If I were lucky enough to be offered a role that is!)

If your current salary is below the EO starting point of €30,278 you'll start on €30,278. If your current salary is above that, you'll either start on your current salary or point two of the EO scale, €32,036.

If your current salary is below the EO starting point of €30,278 you'll start on €30,278. If your current salary is above that, you'll either start on your current salary or point two of the EO scale, €32,036.

Thanks so much for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Does anyone know, what are the pros and cons are of going for an EO position in the civil service over an EO position in a state entity?

Id say you've a chance of landing somewhere very interesting in the CS v Public Sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I'm at the equivalent level in the public service and on point 2 of the scale which is about €100 shy of €30,278 - would I be put back on the 1st point of the lower scale or onto the 2nd point? It's a bit confusing..

mlem123 wrote: »
    I'm at the equivalent level in the public service and on point 2 of the scale which is about €100 shy of €30,278 - would I be put back on the 1st point of the lower scale or onto the 2nd point? It's a bit confusing..

I don't understand what you mean by the 'lower scale'? It doesn't matter what point you are currently at on a public service scale, or if it's a higher or lower scale or grade 1 or grade 2. What matters is the amount you are being paid at the moment.

EDIT. See comment below referring to Circular 8 of 2019 - section 1.2 (iv).

The easiest way to explain it in a nutshell is, if you are a serving civil or public servant, you can't start one of these positions on a point of the scale that's less than your current salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I posted this on another thread. This is the actual position. Google the Circular if you need more info:

For others going from CO to EO you may go up one point on the EO scale depending on your current pay:

Circular 8 of 2019 - section 1.2 (iv) states “where the minimum of the new salary scale is greater than existing pay by an amount less than the first increment on the new scale, the officer may enter the new scale at the minimum plus one increment.”

Check your contract before signing to make sure you are on the correct point of the EO scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Seen a bit of discussion around public service vs civil service jobs.
    I thought they were the same thing?

Is this EO competition hiring for PS or Cs or both?

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Seen a bit of discussion around public service vs civil service jobs.
    I thought they were the same thing?

Is this EO competition hiring for PS or Cs or both?

This is for the Civil Service, you won't end up in a University or with a Council for example.

I went for executive officer in transport authority as wel. Can't really see the difference between them. Prob easier to work way up in say department of education or agriculture den a state body. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I went for executive officer in transport authority as wel. Can't really see the difference between them. Prob easier to work way up in say department of education or agriculture den a state body. Thoughts?

Was your application successful or is it for their current ongoing recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Divisadero wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread. This is the actual position. Google the Circular if you need more info:

For others going from CO to EO you may go up one point on the EO scale depending on your current pay:

Circular 8 of 2019 - section 1.2 (iv) states “where the minimum of the new salary scale is greater than existing pay by an amount less than the first increment on the new scale, the officer may enter the new scale at the minimum plus one increment.”

Check your contract before signing to make sure you are on the correct point of the EO scale.

Found the circular thank you! Looking at it makes a lot more sense :)

AngryLips wrote: »
    Was your application successful or is it for their current ongoing recruitment?

Successful in interview for EO 2019. Waiting to be placed. Have to do psychometric tests for EO in transport authority nxt week. It's a shortlisting phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hey all,

So, does anyone know when we will hear about 1b tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

A bit random but I applied for the CO 2020 campaign before this one was announced.

I've a high OOM (single digits) for my 1st choice in CO, although it is a slow moving county..

For EO2019 I placed in the top 30 and never even got a sniff of an interview for the same county..

Has anyone on here had their name in the hat for different campaigns at the same time?

It would be just my luck to accept a CO position ( positive thinking) and then find out I placed higher on EO2020 than in EO2019.

The etray got me the last time, didnt submit everything, I scored near perfect on verbal and numerical supervised testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Belle23 wrote: »
    A bit random but I applied for the CO 2020 campaign before this one was announced.

I've a high OOM (single digits) for my 1st choice in CO, although it is a slow moving county..

For EO2019 I placed in the top 30 and never even got a sniff of an interview for the same county..

Has anyone on here had their name in the hat for different campaigns at the same time?

It would be just my luck to accept a CO position ( positive thinking) and then find out I placed higher on EO2020 than in EO2019.

The etray got me the last time, didnt submit everything, I scored near perfect on verbal and numerical supervised testing.

Doesn’t matter if you take the CO position - You can leave the CO and take the EO

Advertisement