Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Does anyone know in the numerical test if you can choose to spend as much time on one question or is the time split per question? So one minute per question and then the next one starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Jay328 wrote: »
    Does anyone know in the numerical test if you can choose to spend as much time on one question or is the time split per question? So one minute per question and then the next one starts.

You can spend as long as you like on a question. Well as long as the test lasts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Jay328 wrote: »

You're on the clock so the aim is to answer as many questions correctly in the time frame. If you answer a question then you use the NEXT button to move to the following one, each question is not timed separately. If you're stuck on a question, leave it & move on, you may have time at the end to revisit or take an educated guess. While the numerical test result is not used for your overall score-you do have to pass it to move to the next stage. Even if you score 100% in the verbal & job simulation tests but fail the numerical-you're out.
    I believe the pass score in the numerical is 8 correct out of the 36 so it's achievable. (that's what it was in the CO comp anyway). Practice the test questions & get used to the format & using the next/previous buttons.
    Good luck everybody. Hopefully we'll get our first results this week from 1a

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

You will receive a message to your Publicjobs.ie Message Board containing a link to the assessments. The links will be sent to you no later than close of business Wednesday 16th of September 2020.

If you do not receive your links by this date email largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

Testing Window: You must complete these assessments between Wednesday 16th of September 2020 and 3pm on Wednesday 23rd of September 2020. You must attempt both assessments; if you do not take both assessments you will be deemed to have withdrawn from this competition. You should set aside sufficient time to allow you to read the instructions, do the example question and take the actual tests.

This assessment will take you approximately 40 minutes to complete and should be completed in one sitting, if possible. You are strongly advised to give yourself sufficient time to complete the assessment tests and do not wait until the final hours of the testing deadline to take the tests. No time extensions will be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Stage 1b message just sent by PAS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Fruitgum

I got the message, does this mean we’ve passed 1a?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Fruitgum wrote: »

Nope!

gestappo wrote: »
    Nope!

Thought so, I’ll be so pissed if I’m doing 1b tests for no reason! It would make more sense to eliminate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

This assessment will take you approximately 40 minutes to complete and should be completed in one sitting, if possible.

Is that 20 mins per exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I havent heard anything yet����

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thought so, I’ll be so pissed if I’m doing 1b tests for no reason! It would make more sense to eliminate at this stage.

Yeah seems a bit daft tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭furrybones

There are mixed messages on this. I've also read on here that you have to pass a score of 370 to move onto stage 1b. I don't know where that information came from though.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

In the past if you didn't pass the assessment questionnaire you were out, does seem odd to invite people for 1b if they've not passed 1a.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

No mention of E Tray tho

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

cw67irl wrote: »
    I havent heard anything yet����
    Me either , maybe they are doing them in batches

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mcgranea

Pickysue wrote: »
    No mention of E Tray tho
    Etray is the next stage after verbal and numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

The first paragraph of the Stage 2b boolet states:
    "Based on your completion of Stage 1(a) of the selection process for the Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2020 competition, you are being invited to participate at Stage 1(b). This requires you to undergo assessments through an online test suite which is supervised by a record and review function. "

I dont see why they would split stage 1a and 1b if not to eliminate people. These tests cost a fair bit, and probably more now as they are recorded and reviewed.

Oh and we are being recorded while doing the tests...fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

Oh and we are being recorded while doing the tests...fun!

stop cheats

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭owen28

doc22 wrote: »
    stop cheats

Did everyone get invited to next stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What if you have no camera on your PC? Do i seriously have to do it on my tablet or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

owen28 wrote: »
    Did everyone get invited to next stage?
    I didn't, wonder if you'll get a message to say you didn't pass 1a?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

By the looks of it stage 1.a and 1.b are to be completed before a score for stage 1 is given.

The wording in the info booklet doesn't mention anything about a cut off score for stage 1.a, it just states "following completion of stage 1.a" or words to that effect.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    What if you have no camera on your PC? Do i seriously have to do it on my tablet or phone?

You have to be recorded so either borrow a laptop or use your tablet/phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

the messages could be getting sent out in batches like the tests, some getting them before others.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

Mcgranea wrote: »
    Etray is the next stage after verbal and numerical

Yes I know - I have been here before. But the Etray usually takes place on the same day as the verbal and numerical - it’s a bit odd there’s no mention of it.

Pickysue wrote: »
    Yes I know - I have been here before. But the Etray usually takes place on the same day as the verbal and numerical - it’s a bit odd there’s no mention of it.

It is mentioned, if you pass Stage 1a & b, then you will be invited to Stage 2 - etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

Everyone passes 1a I think. The emails are sent in batches, mine only just arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

MFPM wrote: »
    Everyone passes 1a I think. The emails are sent in batches, mine only just arrived.

Haven't received any notification myself yet. Did the reply give you feedback on performance in 1a?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

AngryLips wrote: »
    Haven't received any notification myself yet. Did the reply give you feedback on performance in 1a?

No, doesn't even mention it. Just gives details of 1b.

Advertisement