Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

redmgar wrote: »
    Can you use a calculator?

Have you read the info booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

I honestly think that its a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Has anyone got a message about the actual test? The message says that by COB today you should receive a message on Public Jobs, but nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Has anyone got a message about the actual test? The message says that by COB today you should receive a message on Public Jobs, but nothing yet...

I havn't received anything myself..

I’m guessing it’s another mass phased mailing like before.

Also guessing it’ll be from 4pm onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It's not COB yet...

...even in the Civil Service.

I'll get my coat.

It's not COB yet...

...even in the Civil Service.

I'll get my coat.

The burn :D

Looking at practice tests online and they quote they are suitable for SHL, Criterion Partnership, Kenexa - are these the test providers or a type of assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

gestappo wrote: »
    Looking at practice tests online and they quote they are suitable for SHL, Criterion Partnership, Kenexa - are these the test providers or a type of assessment?

Provider of assessments however each use different formats and scoring criteria. SHL use to be the main provider of assessments for PAS. They use really long and boring paragraphs.

Provider of assessments however each usual likely different formats and scoring criteria. SHL use to be the main provider of assessments for PAS. They use really long and boring paragraphs.

Cheers!

Any idea what type Sova use?

I've been practicing on AssessmentDay but I if can zero in on a similar type to Sova then even better

• Advertisement

Cheers!

I've been practicing on AssessmentDay but I if can zero in on a similar type to Sova then even better

No, I've been looking but I can't find much information on Savo assessments.

You must complete these assessments between Wednesday 16th of September 2020 and 3pm on Wednesday 23rd of September 2020. No time extensions can be given.

You must attempt both assessments; if you do not take both assessments you will be deemed to have withdrawn from this competition.

As per the information booklet, you may take the assessment tests on a PC, laptop, smartphone, mobile or tablet device with reliable internet connection. However, please note that when taking the assessments, all electronic devices other than the device that you are taking the assessments on must be removed.

Got it too. Very anticlimactic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maca13

I havent received anything yet...? COB is 5.30 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What time is considered COB? 6pm?

They advise to email them if you have not received the email by COB

Update: Just received the email

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

maca13 wrote: »
    I havent received anything yet...? COB is 5.30 right?

I'd give it until a bit after 6pm. Technically it's 5.45 Mon-Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I got the email on Friday just before 6 so there's still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

I just got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

I just go my email.

Surprise that there was no specific time slot for the test considering the requirements they have asked for - i.e. panning the room etc.... Delighted tho because it gives me the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

No email here yet; do they usually go alphabetically with these things according to surname etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Haven't got mine yet but Best of Luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I don't have a webcam on my PC, so what's the solution. The advise not to use a phone/tablet to do the test and then you're expected to have a device with a webcam?!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

If you cant get access to a Laptop/PC with a webcam you'll have no other choice but to do the exams on a Phone/tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Liamario wrote: »
    I don't have a webcam on my PC, so what's the solution. The advise not to use a phone/tablet to do the test and then you're expected to have a device with a webcam?!

Is it possible for you to borrow a laptop or a webcam? That'd be the best solution IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Liamario wrote: »

You can use a phone or tablet for the test but it also specifies that your webcam needs to be turned on all the time which is as clear as mud. I would advise to borrow a laptop with a webcam so they're no extra stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Tablet it is so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

This is the only place I could find Sova practice tests.
    https://www.psychometricinstitute.com.au/Select-Preparation.asp?cID=49&lID=3

Costs €67 for all the tests, if anyone or group of people want to split the cost with me PM me don't really want to spend that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just got my email. Best of luck. Might just do it tonight to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Cheers!

Try the link in the info booklet they sent last week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got the email

Advertisement