Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Can you please post where you got the sample tests from so we can all practice.
    Thanks 😊

I'll see if I can find it. All I did was google etray and went through the few top results until I found a free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

gestappo wrote: »
    Lads, every stage of the 2020 EO comp has been overhauled, so expect the e-tray to be completely different to previous years too.

Expect the worse!

I have never done an etray but I think I'm not going to worry about this part until the results of the tests arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Anonire wrote: »
    I have never done an etray but I think I'm not going to worry about this part until the results of the tests arrive :D
    Any idea when that will be? Im with you dont want to waste time practicing if im out of the comp already

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Any idea when that will be? Im with you dont want to waste time practicing if im out of the comp already

Probably about two weeks. No inside info just a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks

Re eTray - I found these for free...

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/e-tray-exercise.htm
    https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/e-tray-real-simulated-exercise - there are 3 samples here

and how to pass your eTray - but you have to pay for this one...
    https://www.assessmentcentrehq.com/assessment-centre-exercises/e-tray-exercise/

If anyone has any others, please share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭owen28

Hi Folks

Re eTray - I found these for free...

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/e-tray-exercise.htm
    https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/e-tray-real-simulated-exercise - there are 3 samples here

and how to pass your eTray - but you have to pay for this one...
    https://www.assessmentcentrehq.com/assessment-centre-exercises/e-tray-exercise/

If anyone has any others, please share
    Thanks mate. I will have a look at these if I am lucky enough to have passed the Stage 1b tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Any idea if a Level 7 (Special purpose Award) is suffice for the open campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

redmgar wrote: »
    Any idea if a Level 7 (Special purpose Award) is suffice for the open campaign?

Your best to email PAS,

Normally they refer to major awards however as you only need to have complete the first year of a level 7 course, a special purpose award should be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarkBluer

Hi All,

Has anyone here applied to the Communications Officer competition? I didn’t find a thread about it, but the grade is also EO, so I might find someone that did it.

How did you find the interview? Any ideas of how many people applied / they’re gonna call?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

Anyone know what the take home pay for an EO is after tax and pension contributions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the take home pay for an EO is after tax and pension contributions.

You're looking at about €950 every fortnight.

MrsBean wrote: »
    You're looking at about €950 every fortnight.

Cheers. Suppose pension levy and the pension itself takes a chunk out of the salary. But den u have the other side of a safe secure job with annual increments.

Bobby2004 wrote: »

It will probably going to be less after Budget day.

It will probably going to be less after Budget day.

Dont forget the 2% pay agreement pay rise due at the end of Sept 2020.

Also, I am not sure that the 2020 budget is going to make a difference to PAYE etc. - maybe next year!

Yeah they're gonna unilaterially cut EO pay with no negotiations whatsoever and have it all in place by the budget in a handful of weeks. Perhaps other taxes will increased, that's plausible but that impacts all workers.

Really???
    Where did you hear that from?
    I thought all CS pay was just been frozen once the 2% is awarded and the increments will still go ahead.

Really???
    Where did you hear that from?
    I thought all CS pay was just been frozen once the 2% is awarded and the increments will still go ahead.

Pretty sure that post is sarcasm.

Pretty sure that post is sarcasm.

Oops

Thanks MrsBean

Dont forget the 2% pay agreement pay rise due at the end of Sept 2020.

Also, I am not sure that the 2020 budget is going to make a difference to PAYE etc. - maybe next year!

I haven't forgotten, but some newspapers have taken aim at TD's / public servants getting increases during a pandemic when PUP etc is being reduced. As salaries are linked to Civil Service, I wouldn't be surprised if the government rolls back on the pay restoration it would be easier for them than introducing a new FEMPI act.

I haven't forgotten, but some newspapers have taken aim at TD's / public servants getting increases during a pandemic when PUP etc is being reduced. As salaries are linked to Civil Service, I wouldn't be surprised if the government rolls back on the pay restoration it would be easier for them than introducing a new FEMPI act.

The government have already committed to honouring the current pay restoration deal which concludes at the end of this year.
    Whatever happens with the next deal is anyone's guess. DPER have suggested it could mean a temporary pay freeze.

Newspapers always take aim at public servants getting "increases", even when actually they're technically pay restorations, but it's less juicy for a journalist to present the facts. We are an easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Abcdefg1234567

The government have already committed to honouring the current pay restoration deal which concludes at the end of this year.
    Whatever happens with the next deal is anyone's guess. DPER have suggested it could mean a temporary pay freeze.

Newspapers always take aim at public servants getting "increases", even when actually they're technically pay restorations, but it's less juicy for a journalist to present the facts. We are an easy target.

When you say pay freeze, do you mean no yearly increments? I've just accepted a role from the 2018 competition and I'm already taking a hefty paycut. Kind of banking on those increments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

When you say pay freeze, do you mean no yearly increments? I've just accepted a role from the 2018 competition and I'm already taking a hefty paycut. Kind of banking on those increments!

I think it's possible there will be a delay in increments like before. It's hard to imagine the country getting out of the recession (we are sure to face) without public/civil service taking a hit.

I'm in the same boat as ya. I just starting in a position from the 2019 campaign. I'm taking a cut also but if they freeze increments wil make things a bit uncomfortable for me. At same time glad I have a job. Plenty out of work. Freezing increments not as bad if your high up your on a big salary. Lower down wil feel the pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SayReys

MarkBluer wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has anyone here applied to the Communications Officer competition? I didn’t find a thread about it, but the grade is also EO, so I might find someone that did it.

How did you find the interview? Any ideas of how many people applied / they’re gonna call?

Thanks.

Yes, I also applied for the Communications Officer competition. Interview went pretty well, thought the questions were fairly standard and kept very closely to the key competencies outlined in the familiarisation material.

I have no idea how many people would have applied or how many positions will be available but I would imagine there's a lot of competition for these roles so really trying my best to maintain my expectations.

Taking a random guess, I would say we will get the results on the 16th @16:59.

Its usually how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarkBluer

SayReys wrote: »
    Yes, I also applied for the Communications Officer competition. Interview went pretty well, thought the questions were fairly standard and kept very closely to the key competencies outlined in the familiarisation material.

I have no idea how many people would have applied or how many positions will be available but I would imagine there's a lot of competition for these roles so really trying my best to maintain my expectations.

Do you think that the way they arranged the interviews is based on an order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

I'll go with the 9th @ 16.45

Your on;)

Its usually around 3 weeks, and with the video and including the 1b, it could be a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

Recordings are irrelevant for the results

• Advertisement

I will say on Tuesday 6th @ 12.55

😁

Advertisement