Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Throwing this out there, I'm an EO on point 2. Any else notice that their pay has actually decreased with the 2% increase due this week?
    Instead of being up about 20 quid for the fortnight, I seem to be down about 25 and not totally sure why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

peachypyro wrote: »
    Throwing this out there, I'm an EO on point 2. Any else notice that their pay has actually decreased with the 2% increase due this week?
    Instead of being up about 20 quid for the fortnight, I seem to be down about 25 and not totally sure why that is.

Examine your current vs previous payslips and see where the variances lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Examine your current vs previous payslips and see where the variances lie.

The difference is in PAYE, but I can't see a reason why should that be happening. Was just wondering if it's just mine, in which case I will call PSSC on Monday or if it is happening to others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

The difference is in PAYE, but I can't see a reason why should that be happening. Was just wondering if it's just mine, in which case I will call PSSC on Monday or if it is happening to others too.

Sounds like an individual issue with your credits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,154 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mind if I ask you a question? Putting aside all the pay, pension, take home perks etc. What's the work actually like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

redmgar wrote: »
    Your on;)

You both loose. Campaign will be cancelled :D

As for pay restoration. Increases are already applied to wages for October 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Payslips this week only show 1 day increase for fortnightly paid and 2 days for weekly paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Didn't think the 2% had even hit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

You both loose. Campaign will be cancelled

Cancelled due to everyone failing the maths exam as it was unreasonably hard lmao.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Bear in mind that the increase comes into effect October 1st, which is your last pay date, so you will receive an increase for one day next Thursday, and in two weeks the full 20-odd should be there.
    Aside from that, you should be up about 2 euro for your current payslip so there’s definitely something strange about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as ya. I just starting in a position from the 2019 campaign. I'm taking a cut also but if they freeze increments wil make things a bit uncomfortable for me. At same time glad I have a job. Plenty out of work. Freezing increments not as bad if your high up your on a big salary. Lower down wil feel the pinch.

Last time round, people up to around €35k had their increment delayed by 3 months (if your original increment date was August 2019 your increment would paid in November 2019 and every year it would be paid in November until you get promoted.

Then up to around €70k it was delayed by 3 months (August 2019 to November 2019) and then your next increment would be delayed another 3 months (November 2019 to February 2020)

Anyone who worked less than 37 hours per week (excluding breaks) was brought up to those hours on promotion. Annual leave in public service was capped at 30 days (irrespective of length of service or grade)

The Government will have to honour the last payment of FEMPI and will have to come up with a new agreement - but it will possibly an agreement with a start date deferred to the middle or end of next year (purely speculating) one of the advantages (maybe even the only one) of collective bargaining is that the admin staff in civil and public services get the benefits that frontline staff do.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Did you recently (in the last few months) apply for Illness Benefit for days off? That will affect your payslip after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

flazio wrote: »
    Mind if I ask you a question? Putting aside all the pay, pension, take home perks etc. What's the work actually like?

Depends entirely on what department you're in, so no one straightforward answer. I've gone from a handy enough number answering emails and basic admin stuff as a CO to a busy, high pressure responsible public facing role as EO, where a decision I get wrong fecks up loads of other departments and members of public as a consequence. I know others whose roles were reversed from busy CO to handy EO too like.

Also, there isn't any perks beyond a steady job and a pension linked to whatever the state pension is at time of retirement. The narrative of civil servants creaming it and doing feck all in return for a golden pension doesn't exist for post 2012 entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

The department I starting in is court services. Anyone know much about what kind of work that mite entail or have ever worked there.

The department I starting in is court services. Anyone know much about what kind of work that mite entail or have ever worked there.

Apologies for the offence, but with grammar and spelling like that I really hope it's not the stenographer (transcriber)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭gestappo

€3 extra in my wage on Friday coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

Apologies for the offence, but with grammar and spelling like that I really hope it's not the stenographer (transcriber)

No offence taking I'm simply texting in a private setting. Did not think my punctuation and grammar was to be examined based on two sentences written on here. Thanks for your feedback I'll take it on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

You know what your saying is going to be offensive yet you go ahead and say it anyway.

How about instead of apologising just don’t say it?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

You know what your saying is going to be offensive yet you go ahead and say it anyway.

How about instead of apologising just don’t say it?

It was a fair point made , hardly any need for your feeling of outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just a heads up not directed at anyone. Boards is used by a lot of Civil Servants, cue the jokes about nothing better to do...

It wouldn't be the first time someone has been identified by what they post here by their perspective department. Be careful how you come across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

gestappo wrote: »
    €3 extra in my wage on Friday coming!
    Can't wait to get my mitts on all that sweet cash :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You will probably be a Court clerk. Involves going to Court and calling the list. You will mark results of what happens and possibly result the Courts as well.

Interesting work and very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Emailed PAS , results out in the coming weeks was what they said , very vague I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Emailed PAS , results out in the coming weeks was what they said , very vague I thought

About as vague as the test questions were then.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

mdwexford wrote: »
    You will probably be a Court clerk. Involves going to Court and calling the list. You will mark results of what happens and possibly result the Courts as well.

Interesting work and very busy.

It depends on what court you get assigned to. Do you know yet? If it’s Circuit and District your duties would involve the above. It can be hard starting off. There is a lot to take in. You will need to pay close attention and be very accurate.

Btw stenographers are not as plentiful as they used to. Court sessions are recorded digitally there days.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

TheJet wrote: »
    It depends on what court you get assigned to. Do you know yet? If it’s Circuit and District your duties would involve the above. It can be hard starting off. There is a lot to take in. You will need to pay close attention and be very accurate.

Btw stenographers are not as plentiful as they used to. Court sessions are recorded digitally there days.

Wouldn't mind working in the Courts - it sounds interesting

I am reflecting on what I said this morning and I feel I need to make a better apology.
    It was wrong for me to go grammar nazi.
    I wish you the best in your new position and I'm confident you'll give it your all.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

You could be dealing with warrants, fines, summons. There's lots to do in the courts, always a busy place.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    You could be dealing with warrants, fines, summons. There's lots to do in the courts, always a busy place.

I suppose you would have to go through the "special vetting" for the Courts, even as an EO.
    That's 14 weeks more waiting, even after you get told you have landed a job....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

mdwexford wrote: »

Interesting work and very busy.[/quote
    That sounds great is that EO level?

Advertisement