Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I suppose you would have to go through the "special vetting" for the Courts, even as an EO.
    That's 14 weeks more waiting, even after you get told you have landed a job....

I think they will be able to take up the post once they have cleared first round of vetting but contract will be subject to them passing the “special vetting”. It shouldn’t take as long as the initial vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

TheJet wrote: »
    I think they will be able to take up the post once they have cleared first round of vetting but contract will be subject to them passing the “special vetting”. It shouldn’t take as long as the initial vetting

Dunno, for a CO position the initial vetting ( like you'd do if getting a voluntary job coaching kids, etc) is about 3 weeks.
    The "Special Vetting" for any job to do with Justice, Gardai, Customs etc, is much more thorough.
    Doubt you'd be allowed start before it's completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

fionnr01 wrote: »
    mdwexford wrote: »
    You will probably be a Court clerk. Involves going to Court and calling the list. You will mark results of what happens and possibly result the Courts as well.

Interesting work and very busy.
    That sounds great is that EO level?

It is.

Have to be at minimum EO level to be a clerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

It depends on what court you get assigned to. Do you know yet? If it’s Circuit and District your duties would involve the above. It can be hard starting off. There is a lot to take in. You will need to pay close attention and be very accurate.

Btw stenographers are not as plentiful as they used to. Court sessions are recorded digitally there days.
    Mullingar court office is all that I know so far. Contract very basic. Does not mention what sort of work is involved. Waiting for an email on start time and who is to oversee my training.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Mullingar court office is all that I know so far. Contract very basic. Does not mention what sort of work is involved. Waiting for an email on start time and who is to oversee my training.

No WFH for you so:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

The very best of luck in your new role Bobby! It sounds like a fantastic opportunity! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

No you have to complete the full vetting before you start, its between 12-16 weeks.

redmgar wrote: »
    No you have to complete the full vetting before you start, its between 12-16 weeks.
    I'm suppose to start 5th of October even though i'm currently going through my second Gardai clearance!

doc22 wrote: »
    No WFH for you so:(

I know but was not going to turn it down. My wife works in same town so hopefully our hrs match up so can commute together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'm suppose to start 5th of October even though i'm currently going through my second Gardai clearance!

Depends how busy the Chief Superintendent of your district is, I suppose, it might be done in time.
    Hopefully you've never attended any dissident funerals/parades or have any relatives dating dodgy characters.
    Or any old motoring offences/court appearances...
    Be a fascinating job though, all forms of life will pass before you...
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Congratulations Bobby - good luck in your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Internal transfers have become available in AGS for a couple of units looking for, wait for it... Additional vetting on top of the additional vetting which is on top of the normal vetting.

I suspect it involves rubber gloves and a torch.

Internal transfers have become available in AGS for a couple of units looking for, wait for it... Additional vetting on top of the additional vetting which is on top of the normal vetting.

I suspect it involves rubber gloves and a torch.

Is that Forensics?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

job seeker wrote: »
    Is that Forensics?

Anti Corruption Unit.

The rubber gloves etc was in reference to the vetting :pac:

Anti Corruption Unit.

The rubber gloves etc was in reference to the vetting :pac:

Ah okay, I took you up totally wrong! My mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Hi guys does anyone know if there are ever part time EO roles offered from a panel or are they all full time? Would I be right in thinking that you would have to apply for job share or shorter working week to be on less hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Hi guys does anyone know if there are ever part time EO roles offered from a panel or are they all full time? Would I be right in thinking that you would have to apply for job share or shorter working week to be on less hours?

I've only ever heard of full-time. Hse campaigns sometime have part time roles. You would probably have to do your years probation first before you would be eligible then it would depend on your department/local HR. I've heard of people waiting years for job sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

jules86 wrote: »
    I've only ever heard of full-time. Hse campaigns sometime have part time roles. You would probably have to do your years probation first before you would be eligible then it would depend on your department/local HR. I've heard of people waiting years for job sharing.

You would need to get in on the full time panel and then do a year or so and then request to go part time, if you are lucky it may be granted but its not a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

I cannot believe they sent out a survey today... Though it was our results..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

Madelyn wrote: »

Too early in the day. They'd release them from 16.30 onwards on a Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

I was going to post earlier that we might get the results today. Can't believe it, I'm sure I ticked a no survey box as got excited about the message bef

The survey asked if you were satisfied with the practice assessments for Stage 1B etc and how satisfied you were with the assessments. Needless to say I was not satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

some sick minds in PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Same. I'll be giving feedback anyway. Don't remember a survey from other competitions
    Guess it's because it's a new system

Eod100 wrote: »
    Same. I'll be giving feedback anyway. Don't remember a survey from other competitions
    Guess it's because it's a new system

They had it in previous comps

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbar

To evade any heart attacks, I just received message from public jobs with contains details of a survey following completion of stage 1 of the above competition,
    Fingers still crossed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Glad I checked in here first, I was too nervous to open the message :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

my survey didn't complete and when i went back in on the link to give out a bit about the tests it said you have completed this survey.

So along with being dissatisfied with everything else im also dissatisfied with the survery :-)

Maybe if everybody gives negative feedback they may change the recruitment tests.

More suitable tests for EO's like how many cups of tea you can drink before lunch.

• Advertisement

my survey didn't complete and when i went back in on the link to give out a bit about the tests it said you have completed this survey.

So along with being dissatisfied with everything else im also dissatisfied with the survery :-)

Maybe if everybody gives negative feedback they may change the recruitment tests.

More suitable tests for EO's like how many cups of tea you can drink before lunch.

Our dept is incredibly busy, barely get a chance to have a pee break never mind all those cups of tea you're hoping for!

Advertisement