Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

They pulled that **** with surveys AGAIN?!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Madelyn wrote: »
    I cannot believe they sent out a survey today... Though it was our results..

I know. Would they just not put us out of our misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

gestappo wrote: »
    The survey asked if you were satisfied with the practice assessments for Stage 1B etc and how satisfied you were with the assessments. Needless to say I was not satisfied.

Surely it would depend on your results though. Now your not satisfied but if your resilys show you scored highly that could change to very satisfied..

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I would assume if and when the results are issued, the text messages would have something like below included.

Anything else is just survey or feedback....

"Please log onto your profile on https://www.publicjobs.ie/ to view a new message"

"Message relates to: Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2020- Stage 1b"

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Madelyn

jules86 wrote: »
    Surely it would depend on your results though. Now your not satisfied but if your resilys show you scored highly that could change to very satisfied..

Not necessarily because the survey is about all candidate's. While I thinks some aspects of it are fair I feel others are not. I definitely think the maths is unfair to alot of candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭gestappo

jules86 wrote: »

No. I did not like the lack of practice assessments. Those 6 practice tests we were given access to did not allude to what we actually sat so I am not satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

I have just done the survey and I think, like most of the folks on here, I totally agreed that the numerical assessment was unfair and not relevant to the position of EO’s.

I wanted to say more but survey finished… I wish I could have got the opportunity to say that the numerical was more relevant to a more senior role and aimed at a candidate with a strong financial background.

I also wanted to say that the practice test were totally different to the actually tests.

Hope they pick that up from the survey – not hopeful though.

The six practice maths we got were foundation maths and the real test was Honours Maths !!!!

This competition is too long, after this is the Etray and then interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

i haven’t received a message about the survey, yet on my application form i indicated that i would like to be contacted about completing a survey in the future...

are they doing batch emails, or is this a sign i wasn’t successful in the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Not necessarily because the survey is about all candidate's. While I thinks some aspects of it are fair I feel others are not. I definitely think the maths is unfair to alot of candidates.

Agree with the maths! You are required to hold or be working towards a level 6. So if a candidate is a number of years out of school, that would leave them at a huge disadvantage as opposed to somebody who may have completed maths (ordinary/higher lever) in the leaving cert 2 years ago..

For me now, I have always found maths difficult. I completed the leaving cert applied program (no maths) and two fetec level 6 courses and then achieved a 2.2 level 8 degree without doing any maths what so ever!!

• Advertisement

MuchZeus wrote: »
    i haven’t received a message about the survey, yet on my application form i indicated that i would like to be contacted about completing a survey in the future...

are they doing batch emails, or is this a sign i wasn’t successful in the tests?

I'd say you'll receive it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thank you for your participation in the Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2020 thus far.  We are in the process of preparing your results for release, we anticipate that they will be released in the coming weeks.

In the coming weeks..
    Stating the bleedin' obvious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What did you think about the numerical reasoning.

It was a loada ****e

For anyone who hasn't seen it! The 2020 AO campaign is open for applications. Someone here mentioned their interest in this thread a few weeks ago. Although for the life of me, I can't remember who..

link

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

The six practice maths we got were foundation maths and the real test was Honours Maths !!!!

This competition is too long, after this is the Etray and then interview.

Honors math - flipping heck!! No wonder it was tough!

BTW - how did you know that gem?

I wonder how they are going to manage the etray exercise???

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Or it's a sign they emailed the people that didn't get through first!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

Good tactic from PAS. I've never opened a mail for a survey so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

It said it's a survey though, no confusion possible there

Honors math - flipping heck!! No wonder it was tough!

BTW - how did you know that gem?

I wonder how they are going to manage the etray exercise???

I was being flippant re the maths..... If the real test was as easy or remotely like the practice ones a child in first class would do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OliverAngler

job seeker wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't seen it! The 2020 AO campaign is open for applications. Someone here mentioned their interest in this thread a few weeks ago. Although for the life of me, I can't remember who..

link

dublin only :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

link
    Might have been me but I see it's just Dublin and not nationwide😕

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Might have been me but I see it's just Dublin and not nationwide��

Could well have been!
    dublin only :rolleyes:

Now where does it say Dublin? :confused:
    Salary: €33,053

Annual Leave: 25 Days

Grade: Administrative Officier

Opening Date: 02/10/2020

Closing Date: 08/10/2020

This is the general stream.. Maybe I am missing something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Augme

Could well have been!

Very few AO positions exist outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

Could well have been!

Unfortunately it says Dublin on the brief description on the public jobs page and also on first page of the information booklet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote:
    What did you think about the numerical reasoning.

As someone who has done a multitude of aptitude tests for various roles in the public sector the past few years including an EO Assessment where I finished in the top 10 for Mayo and Sligo in the internal Justice competition, I can wholeheartedly say this numerical reasoning was without doubt the most difficult one I've ever completed.

Some of the questions did not even provide you with the required information to correctly answer them. It was a joke to be quite honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Unfortunately it says Dublin on the brief description on the public jobs page and also on first page of the information booklet.

The general and finance both say nationwide. However when I queried further last year it was only Dublin and I think it said nationwide then too.
    I've submitted the form on the off chance it is nationwide I'll query it at a later date depending on the level of effort required for the next stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally did the survey and pretty much gave the final page all negative responses

• Registered Users Posts: 48 newbraces

Did you receive it after? Maybe ur successful and they’re sending it to all of us who weren’t???

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Don't think they would have the result's yet back from the company, it hasn't been that long since we completed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

Where is this advertised

Advertisement